News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

In the interest of good vibes Ill b&P to all who reply

Started by zenster, April 18, 2005, 06:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenster

I am truly grateful for this venue.  In one day I found a kind brother who filled 3 of my grovels! AMAZING!  SO.....

I am willing to do help anyone and everyone here.

I cannot /will not  read thru every ISO post here...SO....
if you reply to this with a ISO request , and you send me B&P with a prestamped pre addressed envelope, I WILL fill every request where possible!!

Here is my list...    http://db.etree.org/noahphence
I will send audio cds of any phish you can find there...

Here is my email I prefer you reach me here...
yem@phenster.com

Disclaimer: I have edited shows where i deemed it necessary ....
Therefore Some songs may be missing but I gauauntee the MEAT is there.
If the bouncin rocky top encore had to be cut , so be it. ECT...
I always keep the songs with the improv jamming and never let the music cut.
90% of my shows are from my dat masters and edited to perfection my me.

ALSO!!!! -- 'Brian and Robert' and 'Beauty of my Dreams' has been edited off every show I could as if it never existed. : )

ENJOY

Z
Enjoy!

EvrlstingSpoof

IMO B&R and BOMD are good quality Phish songs, did u go through and cut wading and fast enough for you out of everyone too,

IMO you ruined all of your shows bro, who are you to edit complete songs out of Phish shows and circulate them edited?
Just my 2c

but u mean well and i dont mean to send neg. vibes to u but i would never want a show missing tunes even if it was nearly inaudible, let alone an amplified tune like B&r

:?

jedifunk

agreed.

perhaps, someone wont care.  but being as this is mostly an extension of etree, i doubt many will take you up on the offer.

no offense, i know you mean well, but, there are standards that we adhere to.  seeing as you have DATs, i'm sure you could xfer some nice stuff and seed it instead.  just a thought.

and thanks for at least trying, most others don't even do that.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

zenster

Well , to each his own, you dont have to get hostile ...(sometimes no good deed goes unpunished)
I didnt ruin any thing.... If i want to listen to a 3 minute cookie cutter song there are plenty of them out there...

Just those 2 songs i mentioned  are deleted from my phishtory books. : )p

And i dont circulate them with out telling people whatrs up.
I caught about 300 phish shows and taped(patched) since 1995
so I  know what im doing as far as editing the 'shit from the shinola...'
The edits I make are seemless....
The offer stands. : )

If theres a show you need and I have it, JUST ASK...  im positive you will be pleased. : )
We did alot of FOB taping as well...

I have no need to be super anal about missing a song like sparkle or bouncin to make the BIG jams fit .

Does this make sense???

And IMO (its just my opinion!!!!!!!!)
Brian and Robert and Beauty of my Dreams are TOTAL BUZZKILL songs --- musical dribble...
I was there.....
Those songs suck.... and im as big of a phan as it gets...but I refuse to listen to that tripe...IMO....: )

So thanks for your concern,
perhaps someone will enjoy my offer ...
its the least i can do for this seemingly friendly community of music lovers.

ENJOY!!
Enjoy!

jedifunk

it appears the only person getting hostile is you zenster.

thats fine if you dont care about show integrity, but others do.

i do hear what your saying about the 'filler' songs, but they still played it and even if i decide to skip over it, i want the option to do so.  i dont want someone else making that decision for me.

as for B&R and such, everyone hs their own opinion on every song, i happen to like B&R more than plenty of other songs.  but calling it musical dribble is a little overboard.

in any case, i truly hope you understand, no one here meant to make you feel hostility, so lets keep it civil.  its a very appreciated offer and i'm sure there are those that will take you up on it.

much respect.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

zenster

Enjoy!

jephrey

Removing music doesn't make any sense.  I'm sorry, I was/am a fan of fades which is not a popular opinion in this trading world and have succumbed to the fact that I'll just have to save the stuff I consider "unclean" and trade that, keeping the stuff that IMO is better to myself.  I honestly hope theres peeps out there you can help.  I just think the sentiment is that you won't.  I don't think anyone's getting hostile.

Just don't sweat it.  I'm sure that you knew people would balk at you removing things, whatever they are, from a show.  And there's no reason.  Discs are like 10 cents each.  

Just curious too, I like to re-live shows without skips.  You don't???

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

zenster

Well it not like EVERY show i have is edited , its occasional, and its no big deal.

I understand the 'purists' point of view....

But life is too short to get all uptight about a missing song when i have 1000 discs.

I refuse to put bouncin>rocky top on a disc that Ill never listen to just for the sake of the shows "integrity"

I am familiar enough with the music that I dont miss the songs that dont  get included.

For instance....

9-29-99 memphis... SIIICK show right?

But i refuse to put the 2nd set on 2 discs ....
So i discretely remove the billy breathes and it fits perfect....
id rather the show continue all the way through than change discs...THATS more painful IMO....
You may call it sacrelige... i call it smoothe editing for continious music...

Ok so im sacrificing the billy breathes and the encore...
But the way i do it you CANNOT tell...
It is seeemless , you cannot tell i removed the BB.
Missing the cities encore is a big sacrifice but fuck it , i was there , i know all about the 'rendevouz bar be que'
and im not making a single disc to have the cities encore on it...thats just pointless...
If i Really need to hear it ill bust out the DAT...

I know you dissagree and thats ok...

we all can enjoy our listening experience the way we want to ...
i prefer the music never stop...

If i didnt know what i was doing and was clumsly chopping up the music, id understand but
thats where i get "anal" about the editing. It has to be seemless or i dont do it....

Im sure this thread just grew legs... : )
Enjoy!

jephrey

I chased that path once too...  Editing out too much cheering between tracks to fit discs etc.  (BTW, I have no files like that anymore)  It won't be years before discs will be abandoned and all filesets will be on a device or a dvd where there's no size restraint.  In moving towards that, not having to do any editing now, and burning a 5-min disc, or having to choose a different place to make a disc break ain't a big deal.  (9-29-99, there's a fine place between GBOTT and Mike's).  I'd think the removal of stuff is just a lot of extra work.  It's fine if you don't like it, I ask why not press the >> button?.  You can keep doing what you're doing.  I am not discouraging anything.  Good luck!

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

i think your missing the point though.  if you want to do it with your own copies/discs go right ahead, BUT if you plan on seeding/sharing, you have an obligation to the rest of the community to put a complete/accurate/DB accurate seed out there.

i have no problem with what you are doing (i did it in the past before i realized how 90s CDs were- so pointless if you ask me), but thats not how i like my shows and others agree.

hopefully you get what i'm getting at.  your offer is truly appreciated and a much too rare thing in the community.  thanks.

(btw, b+p- does that still happen?  just kidding ;) )
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

zenster

I dont know how to seed or upload shows to etree as a bit torrent.

If you guys share with me how to do it ,  I would ONLY seed shows that were 100% complete. I understand the necessity of this.

My offer is for a quick fix to anyone who wants a show  that I have . : )

It would be cool to know how to seed shows , i have some stuff im sure would be appreciated.

Like Trey and Page with Michael Ray and the Kosmic krue from jazz fest in 1996.
stuff like that and some other jazz fest raritys.

So let me know if you want me to seed perfect shows I have , Im glad to be a part of the team....

Z
Enjoy!

guyforget

If any of those DATs are worth transferring in a digital domain we can arrange this...
-AD_

Read Icculus

Hell even just the 4/26/96 Phish show could use a good transfer, let alone under-circed sit-ins. The one out there used a sblive card and unknown resampling.

BTW I thought you were going to post about how it was just a joke that you edited B+R and BOMD from your discs.

That's some funny shit that you actually did it!

zenster

HAHA!
Nope ,
my vibe was so crushed every time they played either if those songs, I had them stricken from my phistory books like it never happened....
I was there ...everythime they played it and i dont care if they played frankenstein after B&R  , it SUCKED, every time.

I mean, the music would be rockin and the all of a sudden it would go into Beauty of my dreams and the music would start going
------"ba der der da der der der der der".....UG!!! what a horrible nightmare!!! Totally usless song ....

OH Id also like to add that If I could...

'Friday' and 'crowd control' would also never have existed. And on some of my shows I have deleted them as well
which dosent matter to you guys because the SBDs are available.

But in those cases im doing you a favor IMO. : )

As far as seeding dats goes  its not a problem, but couldent i seed the CDs of 100% complete shows I have??

I have about 500 phish DATS but I dont use a computer to master them , i usea stand alone machine.

Let me know Id be happy to help,

BTW
Ive made up a birthday package for you Read Icculus and im sending it out today!!!
Thank you for being so damn cool!!

noah
Enjoy!

ucusty

it would help out if someone who can xfer dats borrowed your dats and re-flaced them...  then we could have the unedited shows!  no offense but im trying to get every note phish ever played so edited shows wont really help me out.  Thanks for the offer though :)