News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

from a reliable source...

Started by mattstick, October 21, 2008, 05:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Better start getting used to the idea...

Phish will be at Bonnaroo in '09.

McGrupp

edit: I take back my initial "frustrated" response.

I'm not totally psyched, though.

Let's see where this rumor goes.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

WhatstheUse?

although Im not a huge fan of the idea....this will definitely give me a good reason to check out b-roo
Bring in the dude!

Ri©h

Bobafett

something made me think about that over the weekend...booo that shit...w00ks are abound at that place.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Undermind

Do you think they would do Bonnaroo and Limestone?  According to Wikipedia (take that with a grain of salt) Phish is planning to end their Summer tour at the Loring Commerce Center .

See Post Base Usage on this link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loring_Air_Force_Base
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: deuce2_420 on October 21, 2008, 05:38:55 PM
Do you think they would do Bonnaroo and Limestone?  According to Wikipedia (take that with a grain of salt) Phish is planning to end their Summer tour at the Loring Commerce Center .

See Post Base Usage on this link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loring_Air_Force_Base
haha

Phish summer ending Festival at Limestone!!!!!! CONFIRMED by wikipedia!
Bring in the dude!

keeb333

I'd like to see them play 2 nights at the roo, that would be well worth it!

We'll be there unless they announce a 3-day deer creek run first!

messengerbird

Quote from: mattstick on October 21, 2008, 05:27:35 PM

Better start getting used to the idea...

Phish will be at Bonnaroo in '09.

Is this coming from the same source that told you Chris Kuroda would not be doing the light show at Hampton?
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

Hicks

The more I think about it, the more I think that even Phish wouldn't be able to get me to make the trek. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Zing!!

Seriously, though, Phish @ Roo makes sense.
Huge crowd and they just have to show up, play and get paid. If the fest fails, they don't lose the capital investment as if they would in Limestone or wherever.

And before you say "their own fest wouldn't fail!" I'll point out that I agree. But that's not the issue. They don't want to run a corporation. They want to be in a band; on their own terms. Investing in your own mega fest is no small undertaking.

mattstick

Quote from: messengerbird on October 21, 2008, 05:51:59 PM
Is this coming from the same source that told you Chris Kuroda would not be doing the light show at Hampton?

No, and I didn't say that.  I said something to the effect of "someone else is reporting that they heard Jonathan Schwartzman say...".

Short Round

I will skip Bonnaroo. I'd rather see three or four stand-alone Phish shows for the same price. That's just me though/

I will do any of the following this summer:

Gorge
Alpine
Creek
Festival
No time for love Dr. Jones!

tet

Quote from: mattstick on October 21, 2008, 06:01:54 PM
Quote from: messengerbird on October 21, 2008, 05:51:59 PM

No, and I didn't say that.  I said something to the effect of "someone else is reporting that they heard Jonathan Schwartzman say...".

i'll ask CK at one of the upcoming tBC shows...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

rumors suck... and this one is particularly sucky...

phuck phish if the play the roo
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio