News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

oldschool discussion

Started by VA $l!m, April 30, 2005, 01:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedifunk

ok, i can definitely do 11/16-17, 12/5, & 12/9 - thats probably 1 or 1.25 discs.  perhaps i could do the entire month of december (thru 12/13) and itsnot could get the month of november (minus the denver shows).  that would be 11 shows from me & 12 from itsnot.  thats probably 3-4 discs each.

itsnot- if this sounds good to you answer back here.  i can start burning those this evening if we get this all straight today.

VA-i'll PM you my addy & all the other stuff.  i could probably get these out by midweek.

i gotta say, for as much as i mock the oldschool way, i'm kinda excited to relive the old days of b&p!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

sounds like some good funk.
-do it to it.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

i'm S.O.L---
i got the dvdburning software , but i guess the drive is only a cd drive...sons o bitches!!
so i'm f-ed as far as the dvd vine goes, sorry guys.
its all good though, i'll just have to patiently get some audiocd trades so i can then post a list of some shows, however small.
but this could still be helpful to the public over time , since not everyone , like me, has a dvdburner  anyway and cd b+ps could be usefull...so i'll just have to help circulate some cdrs on a smaller level to start...
i dunno, i guess my eyes were bigger than my stomach or somethin'---
jedi and itsnot, or anybody else , keep in touch about doing some smaller/slower sh-- i guess,
sorry if was jumping the gun a bit.
thanx for the interest again ...
:)
back to the drawing board... :idea:  :?:

jedifunk

just because you dont have a dvd burner doesnt mean i cant send you some dvds full of shows.  you could just copy them off the dvd and then burn them in smaller batches to cd.  at least you can get a collection going.

let me know, i have no problem sending you some stuff to get going.  and it doesnt have to be all from one tour (unless you want).  like i said, i'm willing to send a couple of dvds worth of shows.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

yeah thanx, but this computer, which is my family's, doesn't even have a dvd drive , so i can't even READ/PLAY dvds--only cds...i know, it  sounds stoneage to me too, but hey i didnt buy it and its what i'm stuck w/ right now , so ...
oh well.
-understand?

jedifunk

yup gotcha... too bad :(  can u still DL off of BT?  really would like to help you out.  can i send you a couple of shows?  i'm willing if you want them on CD.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

yo, jedi , if your still up for some b+p of a few shows on cd, let me know...
itsnot is still gonna help me too.
even just a couple would be nice...
holla back.

jedifunk

yup yup.  lemme know what you would like.. i think i've got enough cd's on hand to do 2 or 3 shows right now.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

#1: 6-29-00 (saw it,dying to hear this for five years,only ever heard a few tracks)
then...

.7-16-98(saw it, never heard it, assume its close to as good as 7-17 which i've had b4)

then, if you have enough room... or unless you think i should  prioritize w/:
.11-17-97 (i'm getting 12-7-97,from itsnot,so besides that and hampton , this is a top fall97 right?)
((oh yeah, if you need filler,i've never heard the lemonwheel ambient jam you rave about...i headed to the lot that night after the set.))

sound cool??---let me know how many/what type of blanks you want , pm addy if your ready to boogie.
thanx bro.

jedifunk

sounds good. i wil definitely send you the ambient jam.  everyone needs that.

and 6-29-00 no problem, but i would perhaps suggest something other than 7/16/98, not that its a bad show, but personally i think there are much better shows from that tour.

and 11/17/97 no problem.

so i'll start with 11/17 & 6/29 & ambient jam, and see where i am with that.  i'll PM you then # & type of CDs and my addy.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

word, kick ass.

i'm not saying i'm psychic , but i knew you were gonna say that about the gorge show...

JUSt for conversation :) :...as far as the shows from that tour go , i agree, it's just one of the ones that i have never heard, of the ones that i was at, (maybe for good reason)...the one i want to hear the most is the portland show and i asked itsnot for that, b/c of all the talk you guys do about it, and the fact that i thought it was my least fav i saw that summer, ,,,BUT besides that the other shows i've not heard ANYthing of yet that i saw that tour are only alpine and 8-16. (my fav is 7-20 , as you know, followed by probably 8-3, then the gorge, but this is from a 7 year old memory not listening to them on cd).
i was thinking about 8-16 also...how do you rate the wheel besides the ambient stuff??
btw, no 6-28-00 in your catalog?...i guess 6-29 is considered the better show/
peace out.

jedifunk

well, if you wanna throw some extra CDs into your package to me, i will do up 7/16 once i get them.  as for 6/28 i just never happened to see it around.  not that it doesnt circulate, but i probably just missed it when it was up.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio