News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Langerado 2009 Canceled

Started by antelope19, February 03, 2009, 01:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

Quote from: tet on February 03, 2009, 03:22:51 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 03, 2009, 02:18:48 PM
Quote from: khalpin on February 03, 2009, 01:59:05 PM
Quote from: OlfactoryHue on February 03, 2009, 01:53:20 PM
huh?  how can a band depend on festivals for their livelihood, what did bands do before festivals?  They tour'd

now you could say festival promoters depend on these for their livelihoods or slangers working lot, but bands... I don't think so
Festivals give bands a ton of exposure they wouldn't otherwise get.  For many bands, it's the largest audience they'll ever play in front of.

Exactly.
Playing for an ordinary payday in front of an extraordinary crowd gives a band a chance at selling tickets to more gigs down the line.

Either way, wishing ill upon people's business is lame.

Don't like the fest? Don't go.

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mehead

Only positive vibes Hue..I know you were only 9 at the time but did you forget the boys were part of the HORDE fest in '92..I went to my share of fests when I was younger - HORDE, Lollapalooza, Futher...and had a fuckin' blast!
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged