News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Operation Every Phish Show HDD BP and other Every Show Discussions...

Started by mbwoellert41, March 27, 2010, 09:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: whatapiper on September 02, 2011, 11:33:52 AM
Mac to Mac is better IMO, getting a PC formatted and filled drive creates a minor issue.  Adding to the vault is difficult as is any type of renaming files(not that I would)

so, is there someone with a Mac that wants to hook me up instead... or can CrazyEd load up a mac drive pretty easily?
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

CRAZYED

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 02, 2011, 12:09:49 PM
Quote from: whatapiper on September 02, 2011, 11:33:52 AM
Mac to Mac is better IMO, getting a PC formatted and filled drive creates a minor issue.  Adding to the vault is difficult as is any type of renaming files(not that I would)

so, is there someone with a Mac that wants to hook me up instead... or can CrazyEd load up a mac drive pretty easily?

All i can do is take the drive that shows up from amazon, plug it in and start copying data, send it back to you and hopefully when you plug it in you see the same thing.  I don't do any special formatting but i dont know how that works on the mac end.

spaced

CRAZYED, that sounds amazing, that must have been a ton of work putting that all together. The only reason I asked about the original etree filesets is that I like to jump on orphaned torrents over there and reseed. FLAC is very clearly a much more convenient format overall though.

Lifeboy

okay, so I just finished collecting every :syf: sbd (in mp3). I chose to get mp3's bc I drive a lot for work, so I am constantly swapping music out on my iPod, so I figured mp3's would be the most convenient (not to mention the space issue)

Anyway, and if anyone is interested, I wouldn't mind filling up a few hard drives. All I ask is that you pay for shipping. I also have every Phish show in circulation (in mp3) but the HD that stores that is broken but I am about to take it in and get it fixed. I also have every Zappa album, as well as ~500 gigs of miscellaneous music (moe, UM, SCI, Marley, etc. you name it, I probably have it)

So yeah, I'm feeling generous. This offer is mainly just for :syf: though (like I said, I have to get my Phish HD fixed) but I wouldnt mind filling up whatever space is left over with some random goodies. it just depends on what your taste is. Although we are talking about mp3's, I also have a shit ton of random FLACs (mostly just :syf: and :phish:)

SO, if you want some new tunes, pm me and we'll set something up.

HOLLA
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mattstick

How many shows are in your complete GD archive?  Did you source them all from the archive?  How many GB?

Curious to see how yours differs from mine.

DoW

I ahve no interest but nice offer lifeboy.  +k
just curious.  what bitrate do you store your mp3s at?

my own personal view is that all of this usic is getting so much easier to acquire.  I'd store less at lossless and then acquire more as you get more storage.  I get the whole listening in the car thing.  i listen to mp3s in the car too.  I am just always forward thinking as my music listening equipment gets upgraded, I already have lossless.
it's all good though.  perspectives are different but neither is wrong.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mattstick

My philosophy is to store official releases and great sounding sources in lossless and the rest in 192k mp3. The 192 is fine for the car or gym, and I can listen to lossless on the big stereo.

Lifeboy

Quote from: mattstick on September 30, 2011, 08:25:15 AM

How many shows are in your complete GD archive?  Did you source them all from the archive?  How many GB?

I'll check and let ya know when I get home later tonight, but yes, I sourced most of them from archive, save for a few years I got from pirate bay. there is a SBD project that torrents each year as a whole. I d/l'd a few years that had several seeds, although I believe whoever put those torrents together sourced the shows from archive. But most of them are from straight up d/l'ing from archive over the last few years.

Quote from: mattstick on September 30, 2011, 09:34:29 AM
My philosophy is to store official releases and great sounding sources in lossless and the rest in 192k mp3. The 192 is fine for the car or gym, and I can listen to lossless on the big stereo.

That's exactly how I do it.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

WhatstheUse?

I wonder how sprobeck stores his mp3s?
Bring in the dude!

DoW

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 30, 2011, 03:16:09 PM
he records themt o 8 track tape media.  sounds stellar through fisher price speakers.
true story.

Lifeboy

Quote from: bvaz on September 30, 2011, 03:44:10 PM
he records themt o 8 track tape media.  sounds stellar through fisher price speakers.
true story.

i don't get it.   :|

DoW

Quote from: Lifeboy on September 30, 2011, 07:59:48 PM
Quote from: bvaz on September 30, 2011, 03:44:10 PM
true story.

i don't get it.   :|
noob

Lifeboy

Lifeboy

Quote from: mattstick on September 30, 2011, 08:25:15 AM

SBDs and Official releases= roughly 293 gigs.

that's pretty much a rough estimate, as I have yet to go through and delete duplicates (there may be a few).

Once I get my library completely and perfectly organized, and I confirm I have every SBD in circulation, I'll get back to you with an exact number. I'm 98% sure I have every SBD though.

mattstick

fwiw, the GD archive that me and a buddy have been working on is 1526 shows and 356.42GB.