News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RUSH Geeks rejoice!!

Started by PIE-GUY, April 08, 2010, 09:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Hey!! I scored tickets to Rush in Austin yesterday!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

barnesy305

Thinking about going to the DC show.

postjack

got my new orleans tickets yesterday!
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

barnesy305

Quote from: $l!m on April 28, 2010, 10:05:48 PM
Quote from: twatts on April 15, 2010, 08:02:28 PM
I saw Rush in 92...  Primus opened for them, it was awesome...  I also saw them in 90 and thought that was very good... 

I didn't see them again until Snakes a few years ago...  I have to admit, I liked old Rush better...

Terry

funny i also saw rush with primus in 92... and in 90 with MR BIGG!!!!! :mrgreen: :-o
You know J, I was at those same shows!

mistercharlie

Snakes and Arrows tour FTMFW!!!!

Gawd damn I love Rush!!!!!!!!!!  :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

barnesy305

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 16, 2011, 12:42:22 AM

Fucking love these guys! Rush is the first band that I seriously got into when I was twelve or so, and they still have a special place in my heart. Kudos on the avatar!

mistercharlie

Quote from: barnesy305 on February 16, 2011, 07:37:58 PM

Fucking love these guys! Rush is the first band that I seriously got into when I was twelve or so, and they still have a special place in my heart. Kudos on the avatar!

Thanks, I made it myself.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

barnesy305

Quote from: mistercharlie on February 16, 2011, 08:04:49 PM
Quote from: barnesy305 on February 16, 2011, 07:37:58 PM

Thanks, I made it myself.
I've been thinking about getting the cover of Fly By Night or Caress of Steel tattooed on my back. Leaning towards Fly and have my artist extend the wings.

mbw

damn thats funny  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

khalpin

Neil Peart to perform drum solo on Late Show with David Letterman

http://artistdata.sonicbids.com/rush/news/neil-peart-to-perform-drum-solo-on-late-show-with-david-letterman/80558/
QuoteCBS has announced that Neil Peart will be the grand finale to a "drum solo week" on Letterman the week of June 6th (yes, you read that right).

The rhythm section gets its due when the LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN presents "Drum Solo Week," featuring some of the finest drummers in music, Monday, June 6-Thursday, June 9 (11:35 PM-12:37 AM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The air drumming from home begins on Monday June 6th with a drum solo performance by the LATE SHOW's very own Anton Fig, longtime drummer for Paul Shaffer and the CBS Orchestra.

On Tuesday, June 7, renowned drummer and percussionist Sheila E. performs on the broadcast.

On Wednesday, June 8, legendary drummer Roy Haynes, who has performed with such jazz greats as Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Sarah Vaughn, will take the Ed Sullivan Theater stage.

And the finale drum solo performance of the week on Thursday, June 9  goes to Neil Peart, drummer for the legendary rock band Rush and regarded as one of the greatest drum soloists in rock music.

mistercharlie

^ Thanks for the heads up. Every Neil Peart drum solo I've ever seen has been bad ass!

postjack

Funny story yesterday. I have a sekret drawer I keep all my tickets to upcoming shows in. Recently we've been trying to get the house cleaned up, you know, clear out all the junk that has accumulated over the past 4-5 years. Part of that mission was to clean out the ticket drawer. So I very carefully went through and checked every envelope to make sure there wasn't tickets left in any of them, or stubs. The empty envelopes I threw away, or other stuff in there (letters from loved ones etc) I removed and put away in a file I designated for those types of documents.

Fast forward to yesterday, I'm talking to my buddy about coming to pick up his half of the Rush tickets, since he is heading over to New Orleans before I am next weekend, and when I get off the phone I get a funny feeling about the tickets I had in the ticket drawer. After I heat up some Publix brand spaghetti and meatballs I go take inventory of the drawer's contents, which include MMJ + Neko Case, Voodoo Fest, and Phish summer tour tickets. NO RUSH! Jesus Christ, did I throw away my Rush tickets? I must have, there is no other explanation since all my tickets always go into the sekret drawer. Luckily, due to Memorial Day, the trash pickup dates confused me, so I never took the garbage out to the street, so I can still go get my tickets from the trash which has been sitting in the outside garbage can for a week, in the Alabama sun, the same week I for some reason made Matza ball soup for the first time, ate half of it, then dumped the rest in the garbage can.

So I am outside with no shirt on for some reason like a crazy person picking through my matza ball soup covered trash. I dump all the trash in my yard, and slowly go through it piece by piece, throwing it in a new garbage can. I find all the envelopes I threw away, soaking in soup and garbage funk, but none of them have my Rush tickets. I clean up the garbage, go inside, take a shower, then check my ticket STUB drawer. Underneath them all is an envelope with my Rush tickets.

Would have been nice to just check there first. :)

Rush this Friday! Yeah!! :banana:

Anyone know how late Rush comes out usually? They don't strike me as the type to come out late, but I'm hoping they do, as we'll be cutting it real close getting to the arena.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

barnesy305

Quote from: postjack on June 05, 2011, 10:20:37 AM
Funny story yesterday. I have a sekret drawer I keep all my tickets to upcoming shows in. Recently we've been trying to get the house cleaned up, you know, clear out all the junk that has accumulated over the past 4-5 years. Part of that mission was to clean out the ticket drawer. So I very carefully went through and checked every envelope to make sure there wasn't tickets left in any of them, or stubs. The empty envelopes I threw away, or other stuff in there (letters from loved ones etc) I removed and put away in a file I designated for those types of documents.

Fast forward to yesterday, I'm talking to my buddy about coming to pick up his half of the Rush tickets, since he is heading over to New Orleans before I am next weekend, and when I get off the phone I get a funny feeling about the tickets I had in the ticket drawer. After I heat up some Publix brand spaghetti and meatballs I go take inventory of the drawer's contents, which include MMJ + Neko Case, Voodoo Fest, and Phish summer tour tickets. NO RUSH! Jesus Christ, did I throw away my Rush tickets? I must have, there is no other explanation since all my tickets always go into the sekret drawer. Luckily, due to Memorial Day, the trash pickup dates confused me, so I never took the garbage out to the street, so I can still go get my tickets from the trash which has been sitting in the outside garbage can for a week, in the Alabama sun, the same week I for some reason made Matza ball soup for the first time, ate half of it, then dumped the rest in the garbage can.

So I am outside with no shirt on for some reason like a crazy person picking through my matza ball soup covered trash. I dump all the trash in my yard, and slowly go through it piece by piece, throwing it in a new garbage can. I find all the envelopes I threw away, soaking in soup and garbage funk, but none of them have my Rush tickets. I clean up the garbage, go inside, take a shower, then check my ticket STUB drawer. Underneath them all is an envelope with my Rush tickets.

Rush this Friday! Yeah!! :banana:

Anyone know how late Rush comes out usually? They don't strike me as the type to come out late, but I'm hoping they do, as we'll be cutting it real close getting to the arena.

It has been a while since I've seen them, but if memory serves, I believe they were relatively punctual. Enjoy the show, wish I was seeing them.

Caravan2001

Rush this Friday! Yeah!! :banana:O

Funny....have fun at the show.  They are coming here, I might go if I can find a cheap ticket.  They probably come on pretty early...last time I saw them I barely made it in for the opener.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on June 07, 2011, 01:01:13 AM

Rush this Friday! Yeah!! :banana:O

Funny....have fun at the show.  They are coming here, I might go if I can find a cheap ticket.  They probably come on pretty early...last time I saw them I barely made it in for the opener.

Yeah, they are quite punctual, and be forewarned YYZ will not be played until the encore. :wink: