News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natronzero

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 05, 2018, 12:37:25 PM
Jesse Jarnow  & John Hilgart have created a sweet ass mix of early '68 stuff that you should download and enjoy.
http://saveyourface.posthaven.com/the-grateful-dead-to-the-eagle-palace-january-1968

Nice, thanks!
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on February 05, 2018, 12:40:03 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 21, 2018, 01:56:48 PM
Quote from: mattstick on January 21, 2018, 01:11:26 PM

Why do the Dave's Picks series sell for so much more than the Road Trips series on eBay?

I just listed my Dave's Picks vol 1 (not sealed) and the first 3 Road Trips series (sealed w/ bonus discs)...

Let's see how this plays out.

I don't know why those things go for so much.  It's not like the liner notes/packaging is all that.  I mean, they are mostly good shows and sound, but I am perfectly happy finding the flacs on the net.  I mean do people really play these things on their CD player or do they just want to own them? The only one I kept is Fox Atlanta '80 and it still just sits on my shelf.  Was also pretty bummed to sell Europe '72 box, but again, it just sat on my shelf for 4 years.

My opened but otherwise mint Dave's Picks 1 sold for $555
Same condition Dave's Picks 2 sold for $455

That's just insane.

What does the Europe 72 boxset sell for? My wife wants me to get rid of that pretty badly...

Nice on the DPs.  That's a good haul.  I got like $325 and $250 respectively two years ago.  I just sold my Europe '72 in basically like new condition (but with my name on it).  Some small tears on a couple of cases due to the design flaw.  I think they go for about $800+. I listed mine right before Xmas with a buy it now for $700 and it sold in under 10 minutes.

mattstick

Shipping is the expensive part there. Kinda torn, I love that boxset but $800 is $800.

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on February 05, 2018, 05:31:49 PM
Shipping is the expensive part there. Kinda torn, I love that boxset but $800 is $800.

I sent it expedited to Alaska and it was like $30 for standard and $50 for 2 day.

rowjimmy

Dick's Pick 8 vinyl release finally has a ship date of 2/23.

susep

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 06, 2018, 07:53:38 AM
Dick's Pick 8 vinyl release finally has a ship date of 2/23.

Looks killer, pumped!

Caravan2001

This is the one I have been waiting for!  One of my Top 5 shows!

PIE-GUY

Damnit I want this but I can't really swing it. I mean, I could, but I shouldn't. I'm not making enough money to justify this one.

Anyone have mp3's of this from the CD release. I want to listen to it!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

PIE-GUY

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 07, 2018, 09:56:48 AM
Damnit I want this but I can't really swing it. I mean, I could, but I shouldn't. I'm not making enough money to justify this one.

Oh snap. I just got the shipping notice from Brookvale on this. Apparently I ordered it back when I was flush with cash!!  Fuck yeah!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Hicks

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 07, 2018, 03:42:24 PM

Oh snap. I just got the shipping notice from Brookvale on this. Apparently I ordered it back when I was flush with cash!!  Fuck yeah!

Ha, enjoy the "soft touch"!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

Things only a DINK would say for $500 Alex.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 07, 2018, 06:17:21 PM

Things only a DINK would say for $500 Alex.

:-D  :clap:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mattstick

I grabbed the entire 2017 "Tapers Section Jam Of The Week" MP3 archive, 5GB - the MP3s are not tracked out, but do have the dates... anyone willing to download a bunch and figure out which songs are contained in the files and collectively track this thing out?

nab

Quote from: mattstick on February 21, 2018, 06:47:39 PM

I grabbed the entire 2017 "Tapers Section Jam Of The Week" MP3 archive, 5GB - the MP3s are not tracked out, but do have the dates... anyone willing to download a bunch and figure out which songs are contained in the files and collectively track this thing out?

I have GBs of previous years, in various states of completeness, waiting for that same benevolent soul to push me through the barrier of hording and into categorizing and sharing. 

My default action has been not to listen to them at all and wait for the categorized stuff to run out. 

Which hasn't happened yet. 

I'm being a little cynical, but I feel your pain.   

mattstick

I'm off and running.  Kinda fun listening without knowing what is coming up.

If anyone is interested in figuring out what's in a few of these files post here and I'll invite you to the spreadsheet and folder to download the files...