News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Android Thread

Started by antelope19, September 30, 2010, 10:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on February 17, 2011, 04:22:01 PM
Quote from: GBL on February 17, 2011, 02:38:13 PM
Went and picked up the new Evo Shift 4G phone a couple days ago and I gotta say I am really impressed.. iPhones can suck my balls, this phone pwns..

I totally want to get rid of my iPhone and get a Droid....just have 8 more months till an upgrade.

My concern though is listening to music. I got the iPhone so I wouldn't have to carry a phone and an iPod. Do you listen to music on the phone?

Yes.
If this is love, I'm never going home..

kellerb

Quote from: whyweigh5.0 on February 17, 2011, 04:40:19 PM
I have this app called doubletwist.  I can add music from my itunes to my android phone over wifi.  No wires is nice.  I can be sitting out in the living room and add a playlist from itunes to my phone in about a minute :music:

I use doubletwist as well.  The free version syncs over USB, you have to get the paid for the wifi sync.  As WW said, it'll pull whatever you want from your itunes library, and includes playlist syncing if you're into that.  I have to admit that it hasn't caused me to abandon my nano for random-shuffle listening.  I think I need to mess around with the setting more to get it how I like it.

ph92

Oh boy so many!

Android Assistant - Combines like 5+ seperate apps into one, just download it to see, its awesome it is the ultimate system utility center
Droid Light - Flashlight
Astrid Task Manager
Yelp - Location finder, especially good for food in your area
Vlingo - Voice Control program, apparently the best out there, really neat in car features too! I suggest it to all of you with commutes every morning, makes texting calling searching all hands free
Alarm Clock Plus - Very versitile, you can set how many times it allows you to snooze, if you have to solve math problems (of 5 diff levels) to snooze or dismiss. I highly suggest this one, it gets me to class now
Documents to go - Doc, Excel, Power Point Editor <-For you Mr.C
Google Sky Map - Cool to look at constellations
IMDB
Google Translate
Lookout Security - apparently best one on the market, it auto syncs your apps/settings with a server.
NHL :-D
QR Droid - Like the Barcodes for Blackberry
Ring Droid - Edit and create ringtones from music on your phone
Sith Saber :evil:
Stumble Upon
Wiki Mobile
Yellowbook
Shazam - Song recognition

Also for the dork, I have Z4 root, and Superuser when I need root access.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

postjack

thinking about picking up the HTC Inspire. I like my 3GS but am curious to try something different. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until 5/16/11 but thought it couldn't hurt to go down to the AT&T store and talk to them. I know some are able to get their dates bumped up.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

ph92

Also I am a HUGE fan of eye candy on technology for when I'm tripping, so you should all get:

Color Flashlight
Light Grid Live Wallpaper
Parabolic Wallpaper
Wallpaper of Life (conway's game of life wallpaper for you nerds, with responsive touch too (like being a god, creating life.))
Make America Melt Again!

phuzzyfish12

PH92: pretty much all the same apps I have on my iPhone.

Do they have "Angry Birds" get it if they do :-)

I have the 3GS also and I'm ready to trade it in. Think I'll do like PJ and drop into the AT&T store to check things out.

ph92

Quote from: phuzzyfish12 on February 18, 2011, 01:06:17 PM
PH92: pretty much all the same apps I have on my iPhone.

Do they have "Angry Birds" get it if they do :-)

I have the 3GS also and I'm ready to trade it in. Think I'll do like PJ and drop into the AT&T store to check things out.

Oh I just didn't list my games. I have a bunch of random good ones, I am on my way to 3-stardom on angry birds!
Make America Melt Again!

Multibeast12

Angry Birds is stupid and pisses me off to much. I spent money and got Fruit Ninja. It's awesome. I recommend it for both iPhone and Droid

ph92

Quote from: Multibeast12 on March 07, 2011, 07:11:52 PM
Angry Birds is stupid and pisses me off to much. I spent money and got Fruit Ninja. It's awesome. I recommend it for both iPhone and Droid
You're just bummin cause you dont got that 3 star status on most levels ;-) .... chem 101, 102 and calc 1 (this quarter) is prime 3 star training time.

But I'll have to check that out, I've been looking for a new game.
Make America Melt Again!

iamhydroJen

I just got the Motorola Atrix and I can't seem to turn the phone on silent.  Even when it says it's silent, it vibrates.  I've tried to download an app, but it's still vibrating when I get a text and I'm afraid the kid sitting next to me in the library is about to hit me... can anyone help with this?
"Years later, I found out they'd signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.  The head of Decca, Dick Rowe, made a canny prediction: 'Guitar groups are on the way out, Mr. Epstein.'" - George Harrison

kellerb

Quote from: iamhydroJen on March 08, 2011, 06:20:00 PM
I just got the Motorola Atrix and I can't seem to turn the phone on silent.  Even when it says it's silent, it vibrates.  I've tried to download an app, but it's still vibrating when I get a text and I'm afraid the kid sitting next to me in the library is about to hit me... can anyone help with this?

sounds like a feature, not a bug   :evil:

GBL

Lol, really?

Are there volume buttons on the side of the phone? (Or some sort of up/down buttons?) Try adjusting those till you find the setting you like..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

ph92

Quote from: GBL on March 08, 2011, 06:26:22 PM

Lol, really?

Are there volume buttons on the side of the phone? (Or some sort of up/down buttons?) Try adjusting those till you find the setting you like..
Get "Android Assistant"
>Tools Tab>ringer>silent

or it should be in your settings, but I suggest getting Android assistant cause its nice.
Make America Melt Again!

iamhydroJen

Quote from: GBL on March 08, 2011, 06:26:22 PM

Lol, really?

Seriously... there are volume buttons on the side, and when it says silent, it vibrates still!  It's the most frustrating feature.  I'll try downloading Android assistant, thanks PH92
"Years later, I found out they'd signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.  The head of Decca, Dick Rowe, made a canny prediction: 'Guitar groups are on the way out, Mr. Epstein.'" - George Harrison

MeltMe

just got my Thunderbolt for a cool $125  :banana:

coming from a piece of shit blackberry, there's soooo much on this phone, I almost don't know where to begin.  there's also 4G where I live so double woot!

has anyone installed a custom rom on an android? 
nothing i see can be taken from me...