News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/23 - Mullins Center - Amherst, MA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, October 23, 2010, 11:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 24, 2010, 12:21:03 AM
Quote from: kellerb on October 24, 2010, 12:19:16 AM
Quote from: zimbra on October 23, 2010, 11:57:48 PM
DWD 2 consecutive nights?  :?

they just love to make me pass out, that's all

I almost sent you a text to see if you were alright.  :mrgreen:

I've gotten used to my condition at this point.  Passing out behind the wheel only scares the people around me.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

blatboom

zimbra

Quote from: kellerb on October 24, 2010, 12:25:45 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on October 24, 2010, 12:21:03 AM
Quote from: kellerb on October 24, 2010, 12:19:16 AM

they just love to make me pass out, that's all

I almost sent you a text to see if you were alright.  :mrgreen:

I've gotten used to my condition at this point.  Passing out behind the wheel only scares the people around me.

hahha  :-D
Quote from: blatboom on October 24, 2010, 12:14:50 AM
they did it in '09 too (Shoreline > Gorge)

I thought that jam was cool and really liked the > out of Caspian into Halfway to the Moon.  that one has some ser jam potential but this is 2010 after all..

that was acceptable because i was present.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

mistercharlie

Jumped right ahead to rehear the Tweezer before going to bed. It get's nasty right from the jump after the Ebenezer line. 
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

ytowndan

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 24, 2010, 01:30:53 AM
Jumped right ahead to rehear the Tweezer before going to bed. It get's nasty right from the jump after the Ebenezer line.

That's exactly where I'm at right now.  I like what Mike and Fish are doing. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Igbo

emay

Great time tonight show was a lot better than last night. The hood and yem were firee and the disease jam went out there. Pollock prints are sick tooo! :wtu:

thatfargone

One of two things is happening right now...all this travel this year (I have basically been on the road since Hershey) is wearing me out or I am starting to lose interest in a band that clearly wants me to sit at home.

First set was pretty good.  Really enjoyed the Tweezer, great placement on tweeprise and the Meatstick lyrics in it gave the set some cohesion.  Then...for the first time EVER, I felt like the band slapped me in the face.  Im sorry but 2 DwD's on back to back nights, with only an hour drive in between felt like an insult.  It killed the 2nd set for me, I was pretty pissed to the point when the started YEM, I just left.  Talked to G. Augustos brother about this as he was literally leaving right behind me and also felt pretty pissed off.

I really am quite disappointed! :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: :frustrated:
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

Undermind

I am of course not "on tour" but don't really understand your point thatfargone.  It's not like they played 7 or 8 repeats.  One repeat isn't too bad imo especially when they are played completely differently in different parts of the show.  They played Jennifer Dances in back to back shows in '99 if that makes you feel better!   The Providence DWD was a scorcher to get the show started.  Last night's DWD was a completely different beast.  It went out there someplace.  It may be time for you to get off of tour there man. 
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

thatfargone

For me it this whole tour minus Utica...I did the majority of summer and only missed Broomfield this fall...out of all that I honestly feel there is almost no progress this tour.  We are seeing many, MANY songs on a 2 show rotation this tour.  Free, Halleys etc are STILL not being explored, I feel Mikes Grooves are becoming a joke and they still simply refuse to jam.

Not that last night was bad, it was one of the better fall shows IMO, but they clearly want us to stop touring...and if they continue in this 3.0 mold for the next 5 nights...well I wont see many of you next summer.  :cry:

Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

DoW

I think it's real easy to get burned out on shows.  depends on a number of factors.
I was in complete disbelief when they started disease.  COMPLETE disbelief.  but you need to realize that they were going to play it whether you are happy about it or not so you just enjoy it.  the jam was nice.  if you listen to the two versions, they are nothing alike.  one was a short tighter version to start a show and last night was was a start to a jamming set that got pretty evil with kuroda just mesmorizing the crowd.  isn't that why we all love this band?

show was good.  first set had its ups and downs.  2nd set was good.  lights were great last night.
I'll think I'll go back tonight.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate