News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

01/01 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Superfreakie, January 01, 2011, 11:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

gainesvillegreen

Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

Itsnotanexperience

susep

I came in to the second set just in time to catch the ending of Crosseyed into Twist on the sharts but quickly got into LP stream for the rest of the show.  I think I would have enjoyed both jams more had I been in LP but I could tell they were more focused tonight as the music reflected.  I did like the Simple, nice classic extended MSG version "we've got skyscrapers".  I was hoping the jam would go deeper, Page was rocking the HOHNER hard all set.  Sally was good, again funked out Page on the HOHNER through Makisupa, nice sequence.  The Bowie was a fairly solid show closer, I heard someone say best version of 3.0?, not quite but I couldn't tell you anyhow(22Nov.2009?).  I was really hoping they would modulate into something different and/or extend into some deep, crazy MSG jam style of old.  Still a solid way to end a nice set.  I still haven't listened to a note of 30Dec.2010, this was a redeeming set.           

WhatstheUse?

What? People like tonight , but hated on last night? Weird....

Tonight was an absolute blast but easily the worst of the 3 MSG shows IMO.
Bring in the dude!

ytowndan

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 02, 2011, 01:37:23 AM

Interesting.  What was your favorite night?
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

that's unfathomable. You must be burnt out after NYE or something. Tonight's set II was stellar.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Superfreakie

Easily????Maybe you were on better dr00gs the other nights, you know, blowing your wad on new years. Last show of a run can be a let down energy wise, especially considering last night's party. But to each his own, I respect that. I did, however, find tonight's first set was quite rough to begin, the Foam was sketch central. But as for playing quality, less flubs and smoother jamming and flow, tonight's second set was head and shoulders above the last two. I'd actually listen to this second set again. Can't say that for any of the previous two nights, regardless of set.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

aphineday

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 02, 2011, 01:42:03 AM

that's unfathomable. You must be burnt out after NYE or something. Tonight's set II was stellar.
This. I wasn't there, but I watched the streams...

Quote from: redrum on January 02, 2011, 02:23:46 AM
sup freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekz?
Me, kinda... but fading fast. Jealous of you bastards, but glad you saw this year in right
Happy 2011 everyone.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mehead

looks pretty sweet on paper and it's nice to see some positive reviews coming out of the camps of some haters   :wink:

I skipped the LST and stream all together last night...can't wait to give this one a listen
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Undermind

Quote from: mehead on January 02, 2011, 07:52:14 AM
looks pretty sweet on paper and it's nice to see some positive reviews coming out of the camps of some haters   :wink:

I skipped the LST and stream all together last night...can't wait to give this one a listen

same here...  hanging with my brother in law from Michigan all night. 
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

postjack

last night was down and dirty. a groove vortex, to quote the late night texts from my friend. complaints are Reba had some winceworthy moments in the composed section, and iirc Foam did as well (both Trey errors).

highlights included Round Room and all of set 2. in fact set 2 wins set of the run IMO.

fucking new york city I love you. such an amazing town.

I'm on a plane now bitchez what up. I didn't get no sleep really
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

rowjimmy

Quote from: postjack on January 02, 2011, 09:05:35 AM
last night was down and dirty. a groove vortex, to quote the late night texts from my friend. complaints are Reba had some winceworthy moments in the composed section, and iirc Foam did as well (both Trey errors).

highlights included Round Room and all of set 2. in fact set 2 wins set of the run IMO.

fucking new york city I love you. such an amazing town.

I'm on a plane now bitchez what up. I didn't get no sleep really

This guy gets it.

mbw

Quote from: postjack on January 02, 2011, 09:05:35 AM

this.  set two is the real deal.  thought the sky, jibboo and walls were great too.