News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Movie Club

Started by Multibeast12, July 08, 2011, 12:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Multibeast12

Well, heres the official thread for it. If any new people wanna join same rules apply for the show club, watch movie, submit review of movie.

1) Multibeast - "The Thing" (1982) directed by John Carpenter 
2) King of Prussia - "Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room"  (2005) directed by Alex Gibney
3) qop24 - "The Conversation" (1974) directed by Coppola
4) GAH - "Hawaii, Oslo" (2004) directed by Erik Poppe "Flow: For Love of Water" by Salina (2008)
5) MBW
6) susep
7) aphineday
8) cactusfan
9) RJ - "Idi i smotri" aka "Иди и смотри" aka "Come and See" (1985) directed by Elem Klimov

Also, if anybody else wants to sign up. Please do so before sunday, because this will start on Tuesday.

Edit: Cap will be at 10 if a few more want to join. So ten weeks of movies and reviews, sounds like it's gonna be good.

Thrillhouse

Quote from: Multibeast12 on July 08, 2011, 12:02:24 PM
Well, heres the official thread for it. If any new people wanna join same rules apply for the show club, watch movie, submit review of movie.

1) Multibeast - "The Thing" (1982) John Carpenter 
2) King of Prussia
3) qop24 - "The Conversation" (1974) Coppola
4) GAH
5) MBW
6) susep

Also, if anybody else wants to sign up. Please do so before sunday, because this will start on Tuesday.

My choice is in fact going to be "Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room"  (2005) directed by Alex Gibney
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

Multibeast12

qop24

+k for settin this up!  :clap:
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

aphineday

I'm definitely in if you don't mind rolling to seven. Excellent idea!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

cactusfan

sure, sign me up.

i'll wait till the time comes to tell you my pick.

Multibeast12

Also if you would like to keep your movie a surprise, for us, please at least make sure it is available on netflix, and let us know with enough time to get it from netflix.

Also, if in the review you reveal a huge plot point or spoiler, for those that haven't watched it yet, please in bold letters before you reveal it note SPOILER So somebody doesn't have something revealed before they watch it.

cactusfan

recommended homework prior to watching the first pick, The Thing:

first off, read the novella the movie is based on, the '50s story Who Goes There?
cool to see where it came from. the writing's not exactly genius, but it's a cool little story.
http://www.amazon.com/Who-Goes-There-Novella-Formed/dp/0982332203/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1310248179&sr=1-5

then check out the first movie based on Who Goes There?, the classic '50s flick The Thing From Another World. very very different from Carpenter's re-make, very of its era, but still enjoyable. directed by Howard Hawks, known for romantic comedies with snappy dialogue, which this movie likewise has tons of.

cactusfan

rowjimmy

I enjoy films
so put me down for slot nine.
I must choose wisely

Multibeast12

Starts tomorrow, We will have two weeks to watch and review each film. Also, yet to get somebody to chill board this so looks like it's gonna be very unorganized unti somebody does.

gah

Quote from: cactusfan on July 09, 2011, 05:55:56 PM

first off, read the novella the movie is based on, the '50s story Who Goes There?
cool to see where it came from. the writing's not exactly genius, but it's a cool little story.
http://www.amazon.com/Who-Goes-There-Novella-Formed/dp/0982332203/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1310248179&sr=1-5

then check out the first movie based on Who Goes There?, the classic '50s flick The Thing From Another World. very very different from Carpenter's re-make, very of its era, but still enjoyable. directed by Howard Hawks, known for romantic comedies with snappy dialogue, which this movie likewise has tons of.

I didn't know there was going to be homework.  :|
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

cactusfan

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 12, 2011, 10:53:31 AM

heh. merely suggestions from a big Thing fan...

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: goodabouthood on July 12, 2011, 10:53:31 AM

Clearly your time travelling is getting weaker.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

susep