News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/15 - UIC Pavilion - Chicago, IL - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Superfreakie, August 16, 2011, 01:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qop24

Quote from: goodabouthood on August 16, 2011, 02:57:03 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on August 16, 2011, 02:28:20 PM
sweet man.  glad they threw down.

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 16, 2011, 02:08:29 PM
Quote from: redrum on August 16, 2011, 10:17:08 AM
wow. are the boys on the chicacocaine again, or what?

Both JPhishman and another friend of mine say they saw what looked like Trey putting something up his nose during the set...  :|

I'm not so sure...

yeah, sure.

I don't believe it.

Same - if he falls off the wagon I doubt it would be on stage at a sold out show.

Besides, wouldn't the music be better if that were the case?  :roll:
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

Multibeast12

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: qop24 on August 16, 2011, 02:58:41 PM
Same - if he falls off the wagon I doubt it would be on stage at a sold out show.

Besides, wouldn't the music be better if that were the case?  :roll:
Not to mention he was just the key note speaker at the NADCP conference.  Call me naive but I just can't see it.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

whatapiper

LOL at people thinking Trey would put anything up his nose onstage other than Nasonex.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

barnesy305

sophist

Quote from: whatapiper on August 16, 2011, 04:16:11 PM
LOL at people thinking Trey would put anything up his nose onstage other than Nasonex.
because relapses never happen.   :roll:

(I dunno what the deal is, but it's just as fucking stupid to speculate as it is to naively assume he's conquered addiction and is beyond using again) 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

It's one thing to relapse, it's another to be so deep into it that you are doing drugs in public in front of 20,000 people and law enforcement.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

GBL

This show was the balm..  HAd SO much fun yesterday!

Second half of Alumni was CRAZY! And almost the entire second set and encore were TITS!

Rage on!
If this is love, I'm never going home..

G. Augusto

whatapiper

Quote from: sophist on August 16, 2011, 04:26:41 PM
Quote from: whatapiper on August 16, 2011, 04:16:11 PM
because relapses never happen.   :roll:

(I dunno what the deal is, but it's just as fucking stupid to speculate as it is to naively assume he's conquered addiction and is beyond using again)

That's not what I'm implying at all, surprised you took me that way.   He's more likely to relapse than stay clean, my point is that i think it's ridiculous to assume he'd do something like that ON STAGE.   LOL  :roll:
beginning to end
we belong

Gumbo72203

Well, holy fuck.  God damn. 

Someone needs to tape Marmar's reaction to the setlist, and then video tape him listening to the show, so that we can blackmail him with bountiful footage of him holy-shitting to 3.0 Phish. 

Anyway.... seems they're building some epic momentum for the 2nd hiatus return shows.  UIC -> Colorado -> 2012 Armaggedon Hampton Return Run:

Hampton 12/21/12
Set I: You Enjoy Myself* -> Tweezer > Runaway Jim* -> WUDMTF* -> Glide* -> Vocal Jam -> Maze, Mike's Song -> Fee -> Piper -> I Am Hydrogen > Glide# > Reba

Set 2: Character Zero > ACDC Bag* -> Jam -> Whats The Use? -> Seven Below* -> My Left Toe -> Jam -> Runaway Jim -> Weekapaug Groove

Encore: Trey speech@, Joy > Character Zero, Spread It Round, Friday > Show of Life

* - unfinished
% - dissolves following 2nd chorus, after the bridge begins, before Trey's lead melody
# - (pause)--> ending "Gliiiiiiiide"
@ - "We ran a few minutes past the curfew, so we're gonna stick around a bit..."

morning headlines:  Phish destroys fanbase (not the good way)!!!!!  Cancels rest of run due to lack of audience!!!!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

whatapiper

beginning to end
we belong