News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The day the world changed - at least in my lifetime (part 1)

Started by sls.stormyrider, November 22, 2011, 10:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

I'm the only one here who was alive at the time, but I was in KG (home sick from school) when JFK was shot. I'll never forget those few days. I'll never stop wondering what could have been.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mistercharlie

My grandmother still talks about how handsome he was. She definitely had a big thing for him. It truely was a tragic loss.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

qop24

My dad still brings it up every now and then. Pretty scary moment in our history and the paranoia seems to have only gotten worse in this country...

Also - I saw an interview on Hardball last night with a guy who's been doing a ton of research regarding the assassination and Oswald and they talked a lot about new discoveries (evidence, new footage that has surfaced, etc.) that are discussed in a documentary on National Geographic which I believe has already aired but they have some encores coming up.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

UncleEbinezer

I did a HUGE research paper in high school about this conspiracy.  In high school a 15 page paper was a pain in the ass, but I thoroughly enjoyed that topic and doing the research.  There is a ton of evidence showing that something isn't quite right.  This isn't a conspiracy theory like the 9/11 BS, but this has so much meat to it. 

If I remember correctly I was presenting the theory that LBJ had some knowledge/involvement. 

Its tragic and has definitely changed the world.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

PIE-GUY

I think the only thing that compares is 9/11. I remember every detail of that morning.

Interesting fun side fact, my mom was in class at UT with LBJs daughter when JFK was shot. Secret service interrupted the class to take her out and they knew immediately that something was really wrong.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

emay

Quote from: sophist on November 23, 2011, 03:04:35 PM
2nd spitter. 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcaq4ElAJrE

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard classic

My senior year in high school I took a  Pop Culture class and my teacher was amazing and we watched the JFK movie. shit is intense!
JFK could have turned this country around. Its crazy to think what the world would have been like if JFK and Martin Luther King Jr. stayed around.

phil

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 23, 2011, 08:57:01 AM
My grandmother still talks about how handsome he was. She definitely had a big thing for him. It truely was a tragic loss.

Funny, my grandmother hated him.

Still, it's crazy to think about something like that happening and what would've gone down had he not been offed.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

kellerb

mbw

Quote from: phil on November 23, 2011, 06:04:30 PM

I reckon it cause he was gonna let all them damn nigras use the same warshroom as the white folk.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on November 23, 2011, 06:40:54 PM
Quote from: phil on November 23, 2011, 06:04:30 PM

I reckon it cause he was gonna let all them damn nigras use the same warshroom as the white folk.

Almost as annoying as all the Occupy Wall St. protestors!
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

In the view of someone who wasn't alive for either, Bobby ends up being more of a heartbreaker to me.

I think he had the potential to really change everything, and I'm sure he learned quite a bit from his brother's days in the Oval Office.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

Quote from: Hicks on November 23, 2011, 06:52:36 PM
In the view of someone who wasn't alive for either, Bobby ends up being more of a heartbreaker to me.

I think he had the potential to really change everything, and I'm sure he learned quite a bit from his brother's days in the Oval Office.

Agreed.  I watched "Bobby" the other night, and while its really not focused on the man himself, it did make me pull out my To Seek a Newer World (1st ed.) and its really a great read.

kellerb

...and also, I was born, and there was 11/22/97, and scarlet johannsen was born, and some other people.  And sometimes it's Thanksgiving, too.