News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Fox News: At it again

Started by VDB, April 19, 2012, 11:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 05, 2012, 02:37:35 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 05, 2012, 02:29:59 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 05, 2012, 02:24:14 PM
News anchor suggests it's ridiculous to say a sitting president could actually be considered "lazy," Fox News cries "bias alert!"

Pfft, tell that to Calvin Coolidge. Dude took like 3 naps a day (but he was a helluva free marketer).

I am now totally jealous of Calvin Coolidge.

But you raise a good point -- wouldn't the hands-off, laissez-faire, conservative theory of government be more conducive to "laziness" than that meddlesome, overbearing, liberal style? Jeez, Sununu, stay on message.

Seriously. All that intervention has got to be exhausting.

And where does Sununu get off calling anybody lazy. When's the last time that guy took the stairs?
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

twatts

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 05, 2012, 02:41:15 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 05, 2012, 02:37:35 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 05, 2012, 02:29:59 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 05, 2012, 02:24:14 PM
News anchor suggests it's ridiculous to say a sitting president could actually be considered "lazy," Fox News cries "bias alert!"

Pfft, tell that to Calvin Coolidge. Dude took like 3 naps a day (but he was a helluva free marketer).

I am now totally jealous of Calvin Coolidge.

But you raise a good point -- wouldn't the hands-off, laissez-faire, conservative theory of government be more conducive to "laziness" than that meddlesome, overbearing, liberal style? Jeez, Sununu, stay on message.

Seriously. All that intervention has got to be exhausting.

And where does Sununu get off calling anybody lazy. When's the last time that guy took the stairs?

Sununu is and Ottoman Christian Jew Latino...  Not to be trusted...  Not at all...   :-P

Crikey, are we even sure he's American???

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Hicks

Wait did jimbo just point out that the free market policies of the 20s were not such a good idea?

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

OK Hicks, I simply must know where that gif is originally from.
Is this still Wombat?

Hicks

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 05, 2012, 03:46:24 PM

IT'S FROM TEH INTERNETZ.
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Quote from: Hicks on October 05, 2012, 03:48:27 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on October 05, 2012, 03:46:24 PM

IT'S FROM TEH INTERNETZ.

Don't be fatuous, Jason.

I mean, is that guy like some kind of psychic guru who made his own self-help videos in the early 80s? I must see more.
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on October 05, 2012, 03:18:52 PM
Wait did jimbo just point out that the free market policies of the 20s were not such a good idea?

Quite the contrary: I'd take Coolidge over that meddling FDR any day of the week.

Hicks

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 05, 2012, 04:00:01 PM

Quite the contrary: I'd take Coolidge over that meddling FDR any day of the week.

Sometimes (all the time) I wonder if you are for real.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: Hicks on October 05, 2012, 04:07:51 PM
Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 05, 2012, 04:00:01 PM

Sometimes (all the time) I wonder if you are for real.

I'm completely serious. And don't call me Surely.

VDB

This morning's "Bias Alert" on FN.com is about a critical comment about Romney made by... David Letterman.

That's right, Fox is now mining late-night comedy shows for evidence of pervasive left-wing bias in the media.

Update: Now the front-page "Bias Alert" is about Paul Krugman... who is a columnist. Someone should explain to Fox News the difference between news and entertainment/opinion content. You'd think a network composed almost entirely of right-leaning pundits and talking heads would understand this...
Is this still Wombat?

sls.stormyrider

you are assuming that the purpose of FN is to inform people of the truth.

we all know that is not what they're trying to do - it's not even just their version of the truth.
what they want you to believe and the truth are not the same thing
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VDB

Oh man, this just keeps getting better. :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Now FN is dipping into the archives for a "Bias Alert Flashback" -- essentially demanding that Reuters and the AP issue an apology for allegedly sexist photos of Sarah Palin that were published in 2008.
Is this still Wombat?

sls.stormyrider

LOL. every criticism of her (she's not qualified, etc) was anwereed by  - that is sooo sexist.

of cours,  Rush was saying back then "we've got the BAAAAABE"
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

runawayjimbo

Quote from: slslbs on October 10, 2012, 04:47:20 PM
LOL. every criticism of her (she's not qualified, etc) was anwereed by  - that is sooo sexist.

Agreed. It's not like anyone on the left ever called Mitt a race baiter for using the term "ObamaCare" at the NAACP. Or that Romney was engaging the niggarization of Obama by saying he was angry (two times!! Once, maybe, but saying "angry" twice in the same speech?! We know what that's all about). Or that people who say Obama likes golf are obviously trying to connect him to that other depraved black golfer or that "Chicago" is a racial dog whistle (BTW, where do you live MBW?)

Still, this race would have been a lot more enjoyable had Palin thrown her hat in (especially for you guys if she had won). And c'mon, she was pretty hot.

Hicks

meh, Christine O'Donnell is hotter.