News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/19 - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - San Francisco, CA - Post-Show Discussion

Started by rowjimmy, August 20, 2012, 07:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

2012-08-19
Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA

Set 1: Crowd Control, Party Time, Axilla, Reba, Free, Mound > Walk Away, NICU, Back on the Train, Gotta Jibboo > Roggae, David Bowie

Set 2: Crosseyed and Painless > Light* > Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley* > Crosseyed and Painless Reprise > Theme From the Bottom > Rocky Top, Boogie On Reggae Woman > Meatstick^, Bug, You Enjoy Myself

Encore: Ride Captain Ride > Tweezer Reprise

*Crosseyed and Painless teases.
^Japanese lyrics

rowjimmy

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Alumni

I'm a Light hater, but this one worked on the webcast. Probably the last thing I remember. It led to a pretty decent jam . . . fiery ending leading into a Sally that didn't quite fit the flow but wasn't bad. Must listen.
Cause I got a degree

rowjimmy

roggae

Clearly it's all awful.

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

rowjimmy

First show I've bothered with of this leg.

I've enjoyed this first set. I started on Reba and all in all it's been pleasant to great throughout.
Bowie is short but sweet and Trey gaffles about the first attempt at the closing runs but nails the next and you know, if we grade on a curve, that'll get him a passing score.

On to set two.

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

rowjimmy

Augustus

McGrupp

I should probably listen back, but based on the webcast last night, I'd say it was a top 10 if not top 5 2nd set of 3.0. I enjoyed that thoroughly. Really no qualms with the first set either. I liked that show a lot and I probably would have been ecstatic if I was in attendance.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

whatapiper

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 20, 2012, 08:51:29 AM
Phish.net lists an Alumni Blues tease prior to Bug...

This was true, I had a glimmer of hope,  definitely caught the MLB tease in Bowie as well. 

Show was nuts, my favorite in the last 4 years I've seen along with the gorge in 09.  Place was electric last night and they brought it, the Crosseyed finally had meat to it and slipped into forty minutes of awesomness.   

I was extremely deflated after the two openers but the Axilla/Reba combo brought things back to life.  Mound was a huge treat and only my second since Hampton 96 so it's been an extremely long time coming.  Ride Captain Ride my first since Deer Creek 98. 

I hope people are stoked on this show because I was finally reminded last night why the hell I run around to see these guys a few times a year!
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

cactusfan

yes, this show was awesome to attend. best of the weekend. and that second set was great. crosseyed through rocky top was stellar. bit of a letdown with boogie on/meatstick, but then bug was real nice, and yem ended it strong. a kind of odd yem, very low key and groovy, no rock guitar, and a long, really nice drum/bass section.

i really thought at the end of light they were going into tweezer reprise. was trey playing the reprise riff, more or less? or that chord progression, anyway? seemed like it for a moment.

the energy in that room was nuts during the second set, and when they finally played reprise, the place blew up.