News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Verizon's Six Strike Plan

Started by runawayjimbo, January 11, 2013, 11:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Quote from: slslbs on March 04, 2013, 10:58:43 PM
spoke to a guy today who works for Comcast. He doesn't know all the details, but he's pretty sure that the RIAA and friends know the "bad" sites, and that comcast could know what sites people are connected to. So, theoretically, they would  / could know if someone was d/l from a legit site like bt or LL as opposed to pirate bay. theoretically.

Good to know. And I'm sure the ISPs will most likely take a measured, targeted approach of monitoring of the "bad" sites instead of just an easily implemented, heavy-handed blanket policy of flagging any P2P sharing, amiright?

Quote from: DoW on February 28, 2013, 09:26:43 AM
don't forget though, the ISP has no standing to bring a copyright infringement as they don't own the copyright.

Unless ISPs start swallowing up content, right? Like, say, Comcast?
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 05, 2013, 08:19:04 PM
Quote from: slslbs on March 04, 2013, 10:58:43 PM
spoke to a guy today who works for Comcast. He doesn't know all the details, but he's pretty sure that the RIAA and friends know the "bad" sites, and that comcast could know what sites people are connected to. So, theoretically, they would  / could know if someone was d/l from a legit site like bt or LL as opposed to pirate bay. theoretically.

Good to know. And I'm sure the ISPs will most likely take a measured, targeted approach of monitoring of the "bad" sites instead of just an easily implemented, heavy-handed blanket policy of flagging any P2P sharing, amiright?

I hear you - there is that thing called customer service.
A few years ago, Comcast started throttling a lot of P2P downloaders based on how much bandwidth they were using. They got a shitstorm of complaints and stopped.

edit- i would also be easier for them to monitor Pirate Bay and see who goes there vs monitoring all customers
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."