News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/23 - Glens Falls Civic Center - Glens Falls, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by ytowndan, October 23, 2013, 11:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 24, 2013, 10:06:21 PM
Just finished a sit-through of the Twist before.  Man, that is some great Phish music.  I love it when Trey doesn't have to solo and they just make like, jam-songs I guess.

Yep, when listening to the stream last night I was quite pleased to hear Trey hanging back and chording during the jam.   

He really should do that more often. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Gumbo72203

Also, for those taking note of time-lengths of the songs, for Hood.... they did the intro section only like TWICE before launching into the lyrics.  That shows you how much jam there really was.  I LOVE Mike's playing for the intro part here, he does this really cool add-on melodicismicality. 

Also, for the first set, Trey actually played the riffs in Golgi correctly.  Blew me away.  Loved hearing that done right in an arena.  Wish more people would review the music played in this show!!!!!

Listen for the brief Hose hook up between Page and Trey in Bowie.  Me and this other kid behind me on the floor wigged out when we heard that happen.  Kid was like 18....  it was so awesome to see someone so young actually LISTENING to the music. 

MODIFY:  This moment is at 7:37 or thereabouts, with Trey and Page.  This Bowie is so good!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

Quote from: Hicks on October 24, 2013, 10:09:08 PM
Just finished a sit-through of the Twist before.  Man, that is some great Phish music.  I love it when Trey doesn't have to solo and they just make like, jam-songs I guess.

Yep, when listening to the stream last night I was quite pleased to hear Trey hanging back and chording during the jam.   

He's so much more comfortable and BETTER doing that!!!  The stuff he comes up with is so cool!  I hate hearing him try to solo over changes now....  the whale doesn't work.  BUT!!!  A BIG BUT!!!  Over Rochester and Glens Falls, Trey played more FAST solo riffs than I think I've heard in all the 3.0 shows I've seen thus far combined.

The dude is trying.  He's showing signs of life.  Its happening. 

Modify:  HOLY shit this HOOD!!!!  It has a peak!!!  Trey plays licks over the peak!!!  You can hear where the band "bursts" into the peak, and Page goes for the closing chords but Trey still is soloing.  Oh man, that was such a delight to hear again.

This Chalkdust is officially nuts!!!  Madness and tension!!!!  Like a real Chalkdust!!!  Fucking wild!!!!  Listen to Trey and Fish!!!  Ascension!!!  Destroy!!!!  Ascend and Destroy!!!!  The Phish!!!
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Insert Beer

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 24, 2013, 10:11:30 PM
Quote from: Hicks on October 24, 2013, 10:09:08 PM

He's so much more comfortable and BETTER doing that!!!  The stuff he comes up with is so cool!  I hate hearing him try to solo over changes now....  the whale doesn't work.  BUT!!!  A BIG BUT!!!  Over Rochester and Glens Falls, Trey played more FAST solo riffs than I think I've heard in all the 3.0 shows I've seen thus far combined.

The dude is trying.  He's showing signs of life.  Its happening. 

Modify:  HOLY shit this HOOD!!!!  It has a peak!!!  Trey plays licks over the peak!!!  You can hear where the band "bursts" into the peak, and Page goes for the closing chords but Trey still is soloing.  Oh man, that was such a delight to hear again.

This Chalkdust is officially nuts!!!  Madness and tension!!!!  Like a real Chalkdust!!!  Fucking wild!!!!  Listen to Trey and Fish!!!  Ascension!!!  Destroy!!!!  Ascend and Destroy!!!!  The Phish!!!

There was a point early in the R&R jam where he played a super fast lick that really stopped me in my tracks for some reason.  I have to listen to it again though.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Tremendous peak in Hood (so nice to see those are back), great shreddage in Chalk Dust, and Trey even destroys WMGGW. What a finish.
Is this still Wombat?

jstepan

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on November 16, 2013, 05:00:41 PM
Tremendous peak in Hood (so nice to see those are back), great shreddage in Chalk Dust, and Trey even destroys WMGGW. What a finish.

Dude, I found that tough to watch.. I gather from the speech he made before that it was a nod to the Fam, but, where trey's chops and voice are at, he should of steered the ship away from that disaster..
Λ Σ Δ
to Use your head... you have to go out of your mind... Dr Tim Leary

one day we'll figure out the mathematical formula that describes the universe, then, our whole reality will dissolve and a sign will pop up that says 'level two'.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: jstepan on November 16, 2013, 07:49:06 PM

Dude, I found that tough to watch.. I gather from the speech he made before that it was a nod to the Fam, but, where trey's chops and voice are at, he should of steered the ship away from that disaster..

Yeah, I haven't heard it since the webcast, but I remember it being particularly painful as well. Looks like VDB started early today.

I'm with you on the Twist and Hood though.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

VDB

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard OK, well in fairness, I had this music on in the background while I was doing other things around the house, but it sure sounded good at the time. That's all that matters dammit!
Is this still Wombat?

McGrupp

Quote from: runawayjimbo on November 16, 2013, 07:58:13 PM
Quote from: jstepan on November 16, 2013, 07:49:06 PM

Yeah, I haven't heard it since the webcast, but I remember it being particularly painful as well. Looks like VDB started early today.

I'm with you on the Twist and Hood though.

:lol:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

VDB

So I just listened to WMGGW again. It's fine; quite good even. What are YOU smoking??
Is this still Wombat?

Caravan2001

They do a decent job of it imo....I was expecting them to totally botch it after such a long layoff but they do a decent job.  Not the best but not a disaster imo.

rowjimmy

runawayjimbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on November 17, 2013, 11:53:52 AM
So I just listened to WMGGW again. It's fine; quite good even. What are YOU smoking??

Yeah, I just relistened for the first time. It's not terrible. Not sure I'd get on board with quite good, but it's a fine encore with bonus points for the significance of the venue.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.