News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Considering going vegetarian....

Started by Superfreakie, December 08, 2013, 04:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 09, 2013, 02:38:56 PM
If you are considering giving up eating meat due to the unethical treatment of the animals do a little research into Ag-gag and what you find will surely sicken you enough to make you stop eating it. Although once you go down that rabbit hole it won't be long before eggs and dairy become unedible to you as well. The way that cows are treated to get milk and the constant impregnating and then slaughtering are almost as bad as the cows that we eat.

I have stopped eating red meat, but just can't get myself to stop drinking milk and eating cheese. I eat mainly free-range chicken and a little pork (bacon is like crack, there's no kicking the habit).

If you want to do more for the well-being of farm animals check out Farm Sanctuary, they do a lot to make the lives of farm animals better.

I don't do milk or eggs either. Well, I make exceptions for eggs if I'm at a diner or something once in awhile. But not in my house. And I drink soymilk.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

twatts

I once ate 6 Gusburgers in 6 minutes...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

mbw

Quote from: gah on December 09, 2013, 04:24:36 PM
I don't do milk or eggs either. Well, I make exceptions for eggs if I'm at a diner or something once in awhile. But not in my house. And I drink soymilk.

pussy.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 09, 2013, 12:13:11 PM
Quote from: slslbs on December 08, 2013, 08:47:43 PM
If God didn't want us to eat meat he wouldn't have given us these things

This is not the image you should post when you want people to reconsider giving up eating cows.

that is exactly my point (it was an attempt at sarcasm) - images like these have changed our eating habits.

we try to stick to grass fed beef (not perfect, but we try). We eat chicken from certain suppliers (organic, free range) and eggs from heirloom free range chickens (the shells are blue-green, more difficult to crack, and the yolks are a bright yellow and firm)

we feel as if it is healthier and there is no question it tastes better. The eggs especially are really rich tasting.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Gundo

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sls.stormyrider

^^
no one said anything about giving up pie
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Gundo

nab

Lifeboy

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Lifeboy

This is all just crazy talk to me...

I'll leave now.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

twatts

Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill