News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Police militarization and excesses

Started by VDB, June 09, 2014, 01:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Quote from: mbw on August 13, 2014, 11:20:39 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 13, 2014, 11:12:29 AM
Apropos.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/08/1320164/-Why-Black-Men-Don-t-Open-Carry#

they should though.  I would like to see a campaign started to arm every single black person in the country, open carry.
we would see some gun control laws pop up all quick like.

I'm all for it. The piece mentions how it was armed Black Panthers that inspired Calif. Gov. Reagan, conservative hero he, to clamp down on public open carry because, guess what, it was freaking people out.
Is this still Wombat?

emay

Thrillhouse

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 13, 2014, 10:32:29 PM
Shit is going down in St. Louis
Two reporters arrested

https://twitter.com/internattyboh/status/499741992755400705t

This is about five miles from my apartment. I'm going down tomorrow because at this point, I have to. I'll be posting on my Twitter @willsalomon for those interested.

Pray for peace, but justice first.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 14, 2014, 08:08:53 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 14, 2014, 02:45:51 AM
Good on you KoP.

Indeed. Be careful.

Personally, I think every American who is outraged at this abridgment of the Constitution (dispersal of non-violent protests, barring of the media) should take to their own neighborhood streets tonight after dark.

mattstick

phil

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 14, 2014, 08:25:39 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 14, 2014, 08:08:53 AM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on August 14, 2014, 02:45:51 AM
Good on you KoP.

Indeed. Be careful.

Personally, I think every American who is outraged at this abridgment of the Constitution (dispersal of non-violent protests, barring of the media) should take to their own neighborhood streets tonight after dark.

Plus you'll get a good view of the meteor shower...gettin two birds stoned at once
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Thrillhouse

There will be protests in Baltimore tonight at the BPD 6 PM. Please tell your mid Atlantic friends.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

emay

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on August 14, 2014, 10:17:56 AM
There will be protests in Baltimore tonight at the BPD 6 PM. Please tell your mid Atlantic friends.

Ill def spread the word, just saw a couple friends post that too.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

emay

So this whole situation is blown up for about 4 days so far....

Ferguson is like a war zone and its pretty much police vs civilians.

When is anyone high up in ST. Louis government, or fuck, Missiouri for this matter going to step in an do ANYTHING? Who is commanding these police? Im surprised by the incompetence and lack of responsibility of the people that were voted into power in that state.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 14, 2014, 05:02:51 PM
So this whole situation is blown up for about 4 days so far....

Ferguson is like a war zone and its pretty much police vs civilians.

When is anyone high up in ST. Louis government, or fuck, Missiouri for this matter going to step in an do ANYTHING? Who is commanding these police? Im surprised by the incompetence and lack of responsibility of the people that were voted into power in that state.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/08/14/st-louis-county-police-to-be-removed-from-ferguson-after-another-night-of-protests-fbi-to-step-in-report/
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.