News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

#Week4Vinyl January 2016

Started by rowjimmy, December 28, 2015, 05:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Had a tough time with "In The Grave" ... after looking at a lot of album art, thinking about song titles, then thinking about lyrics I had to go kind of meta with my pick.

Unfortunately I had previously posted Without A Net, which features Althea (and I do not own Go To Heaven, still waiting for the Audio Fidelity re-issue), with the lyric "you may be the clown in the burying ground" a Shakespearian reference to Yorick from Hamlet, a clown who's skull is found in an open grave.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on January 16, 2016, 11:09:12 AM

Had a tough time with "In The Grave" ... after looking at a lot of album art, thinking about song titles, then thinking about lyrics I had to go kind of meta with my pick.

I had a couple of choices for today, but ended up going with Sticky Fingers because my other choices were my only choice for other days this month...
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

I didn't intend to sit this month out - but I have listened to 2 records so far this entire month. Part of that is because I've spent roughly half of the nights so far in my own bed. Been out of town a fucking shit ton...

Anyway - following along on Insta and y'all are killing it. Looking forward to joining a future round.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

August

I had a pipe burst and now my entire first floor is gutted.
Me, my wife, my son and dog have been sleeping on couches for the past week and will be doing the same until all floors, walls, plumbing and carpets are replaced.
I'm still listening to records upstairs.
Get it together, Pie.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: August on January 16, 2016, 12:04:24 PM
I had a pipe burst and now my entire first floor is gutted.
Me, my wife, my son and dig have been sleeping on couches for the past week and will be doing the same until all floors, walls, plumbing and carpets are replaced.
I'm still listening to records upstairs.
Get it together, Pie.

I need one of these, don't I?

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

August

Igbo has a better one.
Ask him for deetz ;)

rowjimmy

Quote from: August on January 16, 2016, 12:08:47 PM
Igbo has a better one.
Ask him for deetz ;)

This.

I went way obvious with my pick today. When I made the list, I did not my own have records in mind. That may have been a mistake.

justjezmund

When it comes to portables PG I swear by the old newcombs.  Awesome vintage and the sound and needle are way above the newer options out there. 

Also RJ did you happen to be in cahoots with the weatherman when you were coming up with todays category?
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mistercharlie

Quote from: justjezmund on January 23, 2016, 07:46:45 AM
When it comes to portables PG I swear by the old newcombs.  Awesome vintage and the sound and needle are way above the newer options out there. 

Also RJ did you happen to be in cahoots with the weatherman when you were coming up with todays category?

Row Knows...
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Igbo

Vestax Handitrax

I think I've posted this on the paug before but the Vestax is solid. Well built. RCA outs. Pitch control. Definitely will need a portable speaker to plug into it as the built in speaker is low volume. Only drawback. I think Blatboom and Barnes have the Vestax as well.

barnesy305

Quote from: Igbo on January 23, 2016, 08:13:10 AM
Vestax Handitrax

I think I've posted this on the paug before but the Vestax is solid. Well built. RCA outs. Pitch control. Definitely will need a portable speaker to plug into it as the built in speaker is low volume. Only drawback. I think Blatboom and Barnes have the Vestax as well.

Yup, works and sounds great.

justjezmund

Quote from: Igbo on January 23, 2016, 08:13:10 AM
Vestax Handitrax

Is that the same one you've had for a while? I remember you having one that looked like that when Akron was in philly.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

mattstick

Had a rough week at work and fell out of the routine. Will have to jump back in when I have some time.

Caravan2001

Trying to get back on track guys.  Still in recovery mode from Mex.  Sorry to hear about your busted pipe Aug.  That always sucks.

rowjimmy

Extra snow day has me on track to catch up today.