News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

COUCH TOUR 2016

Started by Undermind, January 14, 2016, 02:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Quote from: anthrax on July 18, 2016, 05:20:19 PM
phish webcasts for LA and San Diego announced.  apparently phish is no longer modeling the nfl's policy on selling out a venue before deciding to put it on tv.  instead they are just webcasting pretty much everything on fridays and saturdays.

I wouldnt be surprised if they will soon just literally webcast the whole tour and you can just couch tour the whole thing for like 300 bucks.
Dont see why they wouldnt webcast weekday shows, seems like people would webcast during the work week too since usually have some free time. I guess you would have to stay up pretty late on the east coast for those though.

gah

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 18, 2016, 05:32:50 PM
Quote from: anthrax on July 18, 2016, 05:20:19 PM
phish webcasts for LA and San Diego announced.  apparently phish is no longer modeling the nfl's policy on selling out a venue before deciding to put it on tv.  instead they are just webcasting pretty much everything on fridays and saturdays.

I wouldnt be surprised if they will soon just literally webcast the whole tour and you can just couch tour the whole thing for like 300 bucks.
Dont see why they wouldnt webcast weekday shows, seems like people would webcast during the work week too since usually have some free time. I guess you would have to stay up pretty late on the east coast for those though.

don't be stealing my ideas!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

The fucked up thing is I think Tom Marshal has access to a webcast of every single show whether it's available for purchase or not. They are webcasting 100% of them for "family."
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

Yeah, I would have paid to webcast all 7 west coast shows, and would totally be the type of customer that would do future half tour or full tour packages.  They are kinda at the forefront of this whole couch tour business, and I don't think they even know what their business model should be.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

Buffalo Budd

Thanks so much!!!! :beers:

ETA. and it's gone.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Buffalo Budd

Back up and running.
Is this a greatest hits tour, holy shit, incredible setlists.
I wonder if Blat is at this show, I noticed he was posting from NYC with his lovely wife on FB.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 27, 2016, 10:49:00 PM
Back up and running.
Is this a greatest hits tour, holy shit, incredible setlists.
I wonder if Blat is at this show, I noticed he was posting from NYC with his lovely wife on FB.

He was at the night before.

shoreline99

Any hip fans out there? CBC is broadcasting Gord Downie and the band's last concert next week.

http://www.jambase.com/article/watch-listen-final-tragically-hip-concert-live-kingston
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

Quote from: shoreline99 on August 14, 2016, 06:00:30 PM
Any hip fans out there? CBC is broadcasting Gord Downie and the band's last concert next week.

http://www.jambase.com/article/watch-listen-final-tragically-hip-concert-live-kingston

That won't be heavy at all.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 14, 2016, 07:29:43 PM

Wow, what a night. Shed some tears at various moments (Fiddlers Green and Grace Too to name a couple). Could not have put together a better show, setlist wise. A few slip ups along the way, to be expected but I can not thank these 5 guys enough for initiating my obsession for live music back at the tender age of 18.

pcr3

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on August 21, 2016, 12:12:26 AM

Wow, what a night. Shed some tears at various moments (Fiddlers Green and Grace Too to name a couple). Could not have put together a better show, setlist wise. A few slip ups along the way, to be expected but I can not thank these 5 guys enough for initiating my obsession for live music back at the tender age of 18.

Awesome. Missed it, but happy for you, Budd.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

shoreline99

Glad I was in a place where I could watch the CBC broadcast. Been a Hip fan since the 90's when we used to get much music on our local cable system, but never got to see them live. That concert was simultaneously one of the most awesome and most heart wrenching things I've seen in a long time. Grace, too... What can you say about that..
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

barnesy305

Quote from: shoreline99 on August 21, 2016, 10:43:08 AM

Glad I was in a place where I could watch the CBC broadcast. Been a Hip fan since the 90's when we used to get much music on our local cable system, but never got to see them live. That concert was simultaneously one of the most awesome and most heart wrenching things I've seen in a long time. Grace, too... What can you say about that..

Pretty bummed I missed this, hopefully they will do an encore broadcast or something. My friend's sister was at the show. She said there wasn't a dry eye in the house.