News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016/06/22 - Xcel Energy Center - St. Paul, MN

Started by GBL, February 05, 2016, 07:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on June 18, 2016, 06:11:51 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 17, 2016, 11:10:25 PM
Oh man... Now my Dad wants to go.

I need more doses.

:wtu:

But that's awesome, getting to take your parents to see a band that has had such an impact on your life sounds pretty damn cool to me.

It's definitely a good thing. I'm sure that they will meet a bunch of nice, open minded phish people and my Mom will absolutely love the music/lights. My dad just doesn't really 'get music' (I know... strange.... He literally couldn't even name a band he likes.. He listens to... Sports radio) so he'll just be interested in the culture shock aspect.

I'm also def scared that they are going to see a bunch of w00ks putting drugs in their face and a world of realization is going to come down on them....
Bring in the dude!

mbw

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 18, 2016, 11:15:37 PM

I need more doses.

But that's awesome, getting to take your parents to see a band that has had such an impact on your life sounds pretty damn cool to me.

It's definitely a good thing. I'm sure that they will meet a bunch of nice, open minded phish people and my Mom will absolutely love the music/lights. My dad just doesn't really 'get music' (I know... strange.... He literally couldn't even name a band he likes.. He listens to... Sports radio) so he'll just be interested in the culture shock aspect.

I'm also def scared that they are going to see a bunch of w00ks putting drugs in their face and a world of realization is going to come down on them....

Wait, they haven't figured out that their little Scotty is on the drugs yet?

WhatstheUse?

Uhhhh... Naw... They know I'm on the drugs. :wtu:

They just are such damn sheltered, republican, Christian, Minnesota kind folk that they don't even fully understand/have been exposed to 'the drugs' of any kind. They've heard of 'the drugs' but I am pretty sure they've never actually seen 'the drugs' or any people on 'the drugs.'

I know, sounds far fetched seeing that they lived through the the 60s and 70s but man... I'm preeetttyyy sure neither of them have.....even been exposed to "the drugs"... Ever. My mom said she took a hit of weed once and didn't like it. My dad, never.

And yet, somehow... They made me...
Bring in the dude!

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Bobafett

Just got to town.  What's the deal y'all?  I wanna see some of ya!

Still got the same mobile: 6624176692
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on June 18, 2016, 11:15:37 PM

I need more doses.

LOL, I hear that. My parents were extremely religious/conservative back when we were younger. So my dad felt the need to accompany my brother (15) and I (17) to see the Grateful Dead in 95. It was an eye opener to say the least (to him and us). He was loving the people watching and the nefarious activities going on as long as we weren't part of it. We don't really talk about it but I'm sure he's aware of my appreciation of a good time.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

susep

Cities to open.  Also be on the look out for a Prince #. 

jam>

Expect the unexpected. Have fun tonight everyone.

GBL

Quote from: susep on June 22, 2016, 04:00:36 PM

Highly highly unlikely they play prince

But that's just me
If this is love, I'm never going home..

emay

Quote from: GBL on June 22, 2016, 05:01:42 PM

But that's just me

pretty sure mike said no on that interview, said its been done and they love Prince but are trying to keep it fresh this tour. but well see, expect the unexpected! wouldnt be surprised if purple rain comes out

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: GBL on June 22, 2016, 05:01:42 PM

But that's just me

I'd agree based on that Mike interview earlier this week.

But F that. 1999 opener :crazy:
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Or.... Daniel Saw the Stone because I want it!
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

I love the feelings of anticipation on the first day of tour!!! Psyched for Sunday!!!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

Oh and since it's been 16 years since the last MN show I'm calling a Twenty Years Later tonight.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.