News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-06-25, Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL - Post -Show Discussion

Started by mistercharlie, June 26, 2016, 06:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

2016-06-25
Wrigley Field
Chicago, IL

I:
Moma Dance, AC/DC Bag, 555, Waiting All Night, Heavy Things, Happy Birthday Richard Glasgow*, 46 Days, I Didn't Know^, Divided Sky, Cavern, Good Times Bad Times

II:
Carini > Tweezer > Fluffhead > Piper > Steam > Wading In The Velvet Sea, Harry Hood > Tweezer Reprise

Encore:
I Am The Walrus

*Dickie Scotland
^Fish introduced as "Moses Heaps"
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

After seeing the new LED lights for the past two nights on the webcast I have to say that I am a huge non-fan of them. They take up too much of the stage and not only clash with CK5's regular lights, but also limit what Chris can do with the few can lights remaining to him now that that over-sized monstrosity is up there.

On to the music...

Get 1 was good, but nothing jammy. Well played, just not improved upon. Set II made me sad since I was hoping for a Tweezer today at Deer Creek, but I'll take the loss of a Tweezer when it's so abbreviated. And speaking of abbreviated, how about that Hood?

TLHAH
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Nah, the lights are sweet.
They may not look great up close to the stage or on tv but from a little farther back like normal people see concerts they are cool.  Plus dude has taken a chill pill from the standard 3.0 crazy flashy stoby constant color changey omg i am hitting every button as fast as i can approach.

rowjimmy

Lights? Whatev.

I liked this show.
First set ran the gamut material-wise. All good songs, tho.
Fish flubbed Carvern and they shrugged it off with GTBT.

Second set was great, IMO. No, they didn't go 20minutes deep on any of the jams, but I though what they did was pretty tasty. Trey gave one of, if not the best performance of Fluffhead in 3.0. Low bar? Who cares. Shit was good and well placed.

Hood was short due to curfew, I think.

Encore was ridic.

mbw

When fluff started some big giant guy started shoving everyone around him, including me, and yelling 'fluffhead!

A few minutes later pieguy spotted him and introduced me to augs brother.

shoreline99

Quote from: mbw on June 26, 2016, 11:27:00 AM
When fluff started some big giant guy started shoving everyone around him, including me, and yelling 'fluffhead!

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

birdman

Quote from: shoreline99 on June 26, 2016, 11:40:45 AM
Quote from: mbw on June 26, 2016, 11:27:00 AM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
It's funny, when I  read the first sentence, the first thing that popped in my head was big J.
Pretty standard introduction.
Paug FTMFW!

rowjimmy

August

PIE-GUY

I think I cashed in on 5 years of giving Johnny tequila shots last night. He had a flask of fireball that I pretty much crushed for him.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

August

Quote from: PGLHAH on June 26, 2016, 01:59:30 PM
I think I cashed in on 5 years of giving Johnny tequila shots last night. He had a flask of fireball that I pretty much crushed for him.

His sobriety seems to be going well!

Marmar

Quote from: rowjimmy on June 26, 2016, 11:16:46 AM
Trey gave one of, if not the best performance of Fluffhead in 3.0. Low bar? Who cares. Shit was good and well placed.

I have to agree....that fluffhead was tighter than most....guess forgetting how to play it really made them actually re-learn the parts correctly....

Other than that....the only thing I have to say is:

Dear Trey,
While the echo-plex is a rather nifty toy that when used sparingly gives a great effect, one should not rely on the echo-plex in every jam. Try actually playing some melodic lines every now and then....k?....thankx.

Marmar
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

pcr3

Quote from: Marmar on June 27, 2016, 06:30:34 PM
Dear Trey,
While the echo-plex is a rather nifty toy that when used sparingly gives a great effect, one should not rely on the echo-plex in every jam. Try actually playing some melodic lines every now and then....k?....thankx.

Marmar

Gonna totally agree with this. Total crutch, and based on how they sound in general right now, it shouldn't be necessary.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

emay

Thought this run was solid. Nothing too crazy.
Space oddity was the tits.
the twist and tweezer  jams were nice, cant wait to hear them do an extended jam in the same tone as that twist jam, shit was getting dark n crazy
sorry could get up! got in super late friday and was catching up wiht a buddy from high school before the show saturday.
excited for more fresh phish!