News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey Anastasio Band 2017 Tour Dates

Started by shoreline99, November 29, 2016, 02:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

just don't give me a bunch of "big" summer shed trey shows.  keep it in the theaters please.

emay

I bet we will see some summer phish dates, I dont see them taking a whole year off. At least maybe some small runs or destination runs. Who knows though, maybe they wont, and there will be a summer co-headlining tour with TAB and ______ (blank should read Phil n friends, but better chance of it being dead n co  :roll:)

After that TAB will continue their theater tour in the fall.

zimbra

Quote from: McGrupp on November 29, 2016, 05:44:38 PM
Quote from: EdBanky on November 29, 2016, 04:11:14 PM
I'm technically banned from Stubbs for two more years, but I think I can make it work. Or maybe I'll go to Houston

Hit us with that story, doggie...

Oh man haha...the good ole moped. RIP moped.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Gundo

Quote from: zimbra on November 30, 2016, 11:25:41 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on November 29, 2016, 05:44:38 PM
Quote from: EdBanky on November 29, 2016, 04:11:14 PM
I'm technically banned from Stubbs for two more years, but I think I can make it work. Or maybe I'll go to Houston

Hit us with that story, doggie...

Oh man haha...the good ole moped. RIP moped.
I'm still debating posting the story here. Quite embarrassing moment

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Buffalo Budd

We've all embarrassed ourselves numerous times, lay it on us.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mehead

Will be at the Sweetwater 420 Festival
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Gundo

Just worked all day. Kicked back with a beer and wrote this out.

About this time last year had plans to go see Mac Demarco at Stubbs. Also around this time I was prescribed Klonopin. Then, to add on to this downward spiral I discovered that the gas station close to my house sold two 32 oz. Steel Reserves for only $2.15. Empty Steel Reserves and pints of Evan Williams could be found all over my home. Anyways, the day had come for me to go see Mac. Had been looking forward to the show for a while. On the same day, I had just gotten a re-fill on my Klonopin. It had been about ten days since I had run out and had to wait until I was allowed by my doctor to get my re-fill. I planned on having a few beers, taking a pill, and just having a mellow time chatting it up in my anxiety free haze. What ended up happening is me pounding Steel Bullets (more than two) and taking my K-pins as soon as I left so I wouldn't start to feel them until got to the venue which was about 15 minutes away. I wanted to be safe :roll:. My plan was to see how fucked up I was by the end of the show and decide then if I needed to get an Uber. Back then I rode my moped around town and you can park anywhere for free if you drive a motorcycle in Austin. Hopped on my moped and rode off to the venue. About half way there it started to become apparent to me that I was not familiar with this state of fucked uppedness. My motor skills were going down the tubes fast which doesn't really happen to me even after a few Steel Bullets. That half way mark is the last thing I remember...

Apparently I crashed my moped directly in front of will call. Walked up, got my ticket, then tried to walk into the venue like nothing had happened. They turned me away for obvious reasons. I turned around got back on my moped. Moved it to a parking spot. Went  back to the show, and again the venue refused to let me in. First I tried switching doors guys. Then I tried running through full speed. The manager comes out and I started arguing that I wasn't in that bad of shape and I'd be fine by the end of the show. Continued to argue. The cops show up. By this point I don't even remember my own name, address, date of birth, etc. I'm falling down, the cop is picking up my wallet off the ground when I missed my pocket. He also found my weed, but it was just my one-hitter.

They took me to jail. I kinda remember just waiting around for a long time. The cool/fucked up thing about barbiturates is that you just don't care about any situation you are in. Nothing affects you in any way. It's a joke to you how much you don't care and you kinda want people to know it. Shit is the devil. I woke up in my own cell which was cool. Charged with public intoxication.

Went back to Stubb's a few days later for some local band. Had NO IDEA i wasn't supposed to be there. ALL the employees recognize me when I smoking a cigarette outside. The manager comes up and tells me what happeNed and that I now have a three year criminal trespassing warrant out for me. If I return to Stubb's I could be arrested.

That's basically it. DON'T FUCK WITH BARBITURATES!

pcr3

Those criminal trespass warrants are a bitch. I'm still a touch worried whenever I enter the Great Woods lot, and that was more than twenty years ago...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mbw

If you drink heavily even moderately and take klonopin, you're gonna have a bad time.

VDB

Wow. That's a cautionary tale, for sure.

Folks, don't ever drive a moped.
Is this still Wombat?

McGrupp

Quote from: EdBanky on December 01, 2016, 11:32:54 PM
Apparently I crashed my moped directly in front of will call. Walked up, got my ticket, then tried to walk into the venue like nothing had happened.

I LOL'd, only because I can see myself 2 years ago doing the same exact thing.

Also, klonopin is a benzo, not a barbiturate, but yeah... that shit was my downfall. The devil indeed!!

Glad you're ok dude!
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

PIE-GUY

Whole story reminds of something... can't quite place it...

oh yeah...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Quote from: McGrupp on December 02, 2016, 10:43:42 AM
Quote from: EdBanky on December 01, 2016, 11:32:54 PM
Apparently I crashed my moped directly in front of will call. Walked up, got my ticket, then tried to walk into the venue like nothing had happened.

I LOL'd, only because I can see myself 2 years ago doing the same exact thing.

Also, klonopin is a benzo, not a barbiturate, but yeah... that shit was my downfall. The devil indeed!!

Glad you're ok dude!
I take my benzo's daily, and have for years. I've never had that problem with them. But maybe I've developed a tolerance since I've been prescribed them for almost 20 years now.

Better living through chemistry and all that.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sunrisevt

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 29, 2016, 07:25:55 PM
Quote from: sunrisevt on November 29, 2016, 05:51:24 PM
No House of Blues? Lame.

You itchin' to get tossed out again?

:wink:

And holy shit, EdBanky, glad you're ok.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.