News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-12-29 Madison Square Garden - New York, NY

Started by rowjimmy, December 29, 2016, 11:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

2016-12-29
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY

Set 1:
Sweet Adeline, Peaches en Regalia, Mike's Song > Secret Smile > Weekapaug Groove, Roses Are Free, Poor Heart, 46 Days, Brian And Robert, Beauty Of A Broken Heart, Theme From The Bottom > Split Open and Melt

Set 2:
Down With Disease > What's The Use? > Fuego > Meatstick, 20 Years Later > Kung* > Makisupa Policeman^ > Drums > Makisupa Policeman, Harry Hood

Encore:
Julius

*Chanted over 20 Years Later outro
^Trey on Marimba Lumina

anthrax

rowjimmy

anthrax

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

nab

McGrupp

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

anthrax

Hicks

I'm more interested in the brunette in the front row, what's she all about?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mehead

How was the SOAM?

Have yet to hear a 3.0 version that's worth a re-listen.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

sunrisevt

Beauty of a Broken Heart, huh? Cool--I thought they'd forgotten about that one once they started playing Halfway to
The Moon.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

VDB

Quote from: mehead on December 30, 2016, 08:02:05 AM
How was the SOAM?

I thought it was quite good, and I'm typically on the same page as you there.
Is this still Wombat?

jam>

Quote from: VDB on December 30, 2016, 11:07:05 AM
Quote from: mehead on December 30, 2016, 08:02:05 AM
How was the SOAM?

I thought it was quite good, and I'm typically on the same page as you there.

ditto.

Marmar

I mean...

I love the turn Trey's tone has taken lately....very very durrrty.....

I do, however, feel like the whole detuned/delay/mu-tron vibe is starting to get very old....I get what he's trying to do, but it doesn't need to be done in EVERY "jam".....just like the recycled lick which has started to rear its ugly head again....

That being said.....it is nice to see him actually charging for the peaks again with some hella good lightning fast runs.....THAT is what I fell in love with so many moons ago, and it feels great to see him playin those fast licks cleanly again.....machine gun Trey has shown up for the NYE run, and I LOVE IT.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.