News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Jauntee Summer Tour 2017

Started by WhatstheUse?, April 27, 2017, 05:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

The Jauntee Summer 2017:

6/08 - American Beauty - New York, NY
6/09 - Garryowen - Gettysburg, PA
6/10 - Canal Street - Reading, PA
6/11 - Bourbon & Branch - Philadelphia, PA
6/15 - Doc Taylor's - Virginia Beach, VA
6/16 - The Southern - Charlottesville, VA
6/17 - The Camel - Richmond, VA
6/18 - The Whiskey - Wilmington, NC
6/20 - Charleston Pour House - Charleston, SC
6/21 - 1904 Music Hall - Jacksonville, FL
6/22 - High Dive - Gainesville, FL
6/23 - Skipper's Smokehouse - Tampa, FL
6/24 - Guanabanas - Jupiter, FL
6/25 - West End Trading Co. - Sanford, FL
6/28 - Southbound Smokehouse - Augusta, GA
6/29 - Barrelhouse South - Savannah, GA
6/30 - Pisgah Brewing - Asheville, NC
7/01 - Aisle 5 - Atlanta, GA
7/05 - The 8x10 - Baltimore, MD
7/06 - Cattivo - Pittsburgh, PA
7/07 - Time & Space - Louisville, KY
7/08 - Urban Artifact - Cincinnati, OH*
7/12 - The Bridge - Cambridge, MA#
7/13 - The Bridge - Cambridge, MA#
7/14 - The Port Hunter - Edgartown, MA
7/15 - The Port Hunter - Edgartown, MA
7/19 - The 8x10 - Baltimore, MD
7/27 - Spotlight Tavern – Beverly, MA
7/28 - B.R.Y.A.C - Bridgeport
7/29 - Nectar's - Burlington, VT^
8/11 - The Peach Music Festival - Scranton, PA(DNC)
9/01 – Be On Key Psychedelic Ripple – Denver~
9/02 – Be On Key Psychedelic Ripple – Denver~
9/06 – Notes – Columbus, OH+
9/07 – Beachland Ballroom – Cleveland, OH+
9/08 – Laniakea Fest – College Corner, OH(DNC)
9/09 – Cosmic Charlie's – Lexington, KY%
9/13 - Martyrs' - Chicago, IL
9/14 – Lee's Liquor Lounge – Minneapolis, MN
9/15 – Bent River Brewing – Moline, IL
9/16 – The Mousetrap – Indianapolis, IN$
9/20 – The Frequency – Madison, WI
9/21 – 2720 Cherokee – St. Louis, MO
9/22 - Bodega's Alley - Lincoln, NE

* w/ Cycles & SolEcho
# Live Album Recording Session
^ Tumbledown After-Party w/ lespecial
~ Phish After-Parties
+ w/ Mister F
$ w/ Aqueous
% w/ Peridoni

Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

How are you guys going to approach the two Live Album Session shows knowing that they are going to be used for that purpose? It seems like it would put extra pressure on you guys.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 27, 2017, 06:08:37 PM
How are you guys going to approach the two Live Album Session shows knowing that they are going to be used for that purpose? It seems like it would put extra pressure on you guys.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: We've been trying to figure out how to do an official Live Album for awhile now yet none of the traditional methods seemed feasible/logical to us. Option A. would've been to multi-track a single show and hope we play amazing and release the choice cuts (ala Slip Stitch & Pass) - that seemed to put even more pressure on one specific performance, and wouldn't really be possible, set-up wise, in some of the smaller venues we play. Option B. would've been to multi-track a run of shows, or even an entire tour and realease the choice cuts from that (ala A Live One) -- well, we quickly learned that wasn't a realistic option based on numerous things... primarily the costs to have someone multitrack so many shows, but also, there would be an inconsistency in mic placement, setup/natural room reverbs/stage set ups/pa set ups etc etc. that would, in turn, create an an album full of live tracks that didn't have a consistent 'sound'. It just wouldn't have worked in the same way A Live One or any other live album of that caliber worked (w/o an extra couple tens-of-thousands of dollars)

So.... we came up with this idea. Play a couple full, two set shows, at an actual studio, with a complete live room/stage and room for 75-100 people.  We're working on a beer sponsor, so hopefully, it'll be a free beer event with lot of close friends/fans and, ideally, kind of re-create the relaxed, house party vibe we had when the bad started playing shows at my loft space!

But uhhhhh.... yes. It puts an incredible amount of pressure on us to KNOW that we are paying by the minute to create something that is pre-emtively decided to be released. Thanks. ;)
Bring in the dude!

jam>

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 27, 2017, 07:58:31 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 27, 2017, 06:08:37 PM

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: We've been trying to figure out how to do an official Live Album for awhile now yet none of the traditional methods seemed feasible/logical to us. Option A. would've been to multi-track a single show and hope we play amazing and release the choice cuts (ala Slip Stitch & Pass) - that seemed to put even more pressure on one specific performance, and wouldn't really be possible, set-up wise, in some of the smaller venues we play. Option B. would've been to multi-track a run of shows, or even an entire tour and realease the choice cuts from that (ala A Live One) -- well, we quickly learned that wasn't a realistic option based on numerous things... primarily the costs to have someone multitrack so many shows, but also, there would be an inconsistency in mic placement, setup/natural room reverbs/stage set ups/pa set ups etc etc. that would, in turn, create an an album full of live tracks that didn't have a consistent 'sound'. It just wouldn't have worked in the same way A Live One or any other live album of that caliber worked (w/o an extra couple thousand of dollars)

So.... we came up with this idea. Play a couple full, two set shows, at an actual studio, with a complete live room/stage and room for 75-100 people.  We're working on a beer sponsor, so hopefully, it'll be a free beer event with lot of close friends/fans and, ideally, kind of re-create the relaxed, house party vibe we had when the bad started playing shows at my loft space!

But uhhhhh.... yes. It puts an incredible amount of pressure on us to KNOW that we are paying by the minute to create something that is pre-emtively decided to be released. Thanks. ;)

That sounds really cool!

antelope19

Indeed. Sounds very cool. Will buy!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

birdman

Oh I am fucking in. Sign me up.

Also, I have a friend, whom you've met, who owns a brewery. Just sayin.
Paug FTMFW!

Gumbo72203

Yup, I'm in too.  Lets do this.  I never got to see an actual show at the Castle, so... this will be the next best thing. 

Now, for the important question:  What will it be calllllllled? 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: birdman on April 27, 2017, 09:16:56 PM

Tell me more...
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

I wish I could make the album sessions.
I'll have to settle for Charlottesville > Richmond.

birdman

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on April 28, 2017, 12:00:28 AM
Quote from: birdman on April 27, 2017, 09:16:56 PM

Tell me more...
Hit me up if you want me to propose the idea to him.
Paug FTMFW!

pcr3

I just realized that by the time the live recording shows come up, I will no longer be a 5 minute drive from the venue.   :frustrated:

That being said, if we are settled into our new place, I'm definitely in for both nights.

If you don't hook up with birdman's guy, another good option would be anything from Night Shift (https://www.nightshiftbrewing.com/contact/) or Trillium (http://www.trilliumbrewing.com/contact-form).  I so hope that we are not out of town for these shows...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Gumbo72203

yeah can we get an advanced ticket notice for those?  I don't want to miss out. 

Will any of you guys have some extra crash space at all?  Everybody I knew in Boston has now moved away haha. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

birdman

Can we hang up tapestries and streamers to recreate the castles vibe?
Paug FTMFW!

pcr3

Quote from: birdman on April 28, 2017, 12:10:28 PM
Can we hang up tapestries and streamers to recreate the castles vibe?

YES!!!

Also, we need to hang up Yopper's childhood blanket so that it faces the stage.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

emay

who's bringing the kool-aid is the question