News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Trump White House: Adventures in Communications

Started by VDB, July 27, 2017, 06:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Can we just start a thread about the dumpster volcano that is the White House comms department? Too late for poor old Spicey (RIP) but just in time for Anthony "Big Tony" "Mooch" "Gucci" Scaramucci, who just might be a lunatic. Here's him getting nuts with a New Yorker columnist last night.

It just keeps on coming, doesn't it?
Is this still Wombat?

aphineday

This guy is such a slimeball, he makes Dick Nixon look clean.
I'm technically referring to Scaramucci here, but you can subsititute "Trump" with no problems.
I am at least reasonably confident that Trump may end up in prison now, so that's good at least.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

VDB

Frankly, I want The Mooch to take over the lectern, too.

You'd need premium cable to watch.
Is this still Wombat?

mbw

The Apprentice:  White House Edition, Season One, sure is fun to watch.  Although I hope it gets cancelled soon.

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on July 27, 2017, 07:42:58 PM
The Apprentice:  White House Edition, Season One, sure is fun to watch.  Although I hope it gets cancelled soon.

:clap: Well done, sir. I commend you.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

gah

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 27, 2017, 08:32:49 PM

I'm still surprised someone in the studio's greenlighted this project.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

ytowndan

Quote from: gah on July 28, 2017, 10:06:06 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on July 27, 2017, 08:32:49 PM

I'm still surprised someone in the studio's greenlighted this project.

Yeah.  The viewers asked for a different show. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

aphineday

Quote from: slslbs on July 28, 2017, 10:40:05 AM
worst pres in my lifetime - including Nixon
Yeah, not even comparable to any other president.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

gah

Whenever you think it can't get more chaotic, it does. And to see it all crumbling so quickly, the rest of the world moving on in a post american leadership way, its astounding. I wonder if the damage being done is reversible, or if this is just the beginning of the fall from grace.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Hicks

Quote from: gah on July 28, 2017, 02:17:10 PM
Whenever you think it can't get more chaotic, it does. And to see it all crumbling so quickly, the rest of the world moving on in a post american leadership way, its astounding. I wonder if the damage being done is reversible, or if this is just the beginning of the fall from grace.

Pretty sure the fall from grace goes back to Watergate or even JFK's assassination. 

It's just a whole lot more obvious now.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

runawayjimbo

I will never forgive the Mooch for putting the mental image of Steve Bannon self-sucking in my head.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

GBL

Quote from: slslbs on July 28, 2017, 10:40:05 AM
worst pres in my lifetime - including Nixon

It depresses me to believe, but I bet there are millions of Americans who vehemently disagree with that statement
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mbw

Augustus