News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

7/29/2017 - MSG, New York, NY

Started by aphineday, July 29, 2017, 11:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Something tells me, based on the little I know about Emma, that she decided she wasn't going to 'have fun' long before she walked into MSG.

Hey, you had to try!
Bring in the dude!

susep

Wilson has darkness while Meatstick provides some great, spooky ambience in its outro.  Shades of MSG '98.  Hood contains a nice 4+ minute jam that goes outside its framework.  Blaze on. 

Gumbo72203

this Hood is fantastic!  A perfect Hood, aside from Trey rushing the end of the intro again ;P  The jam was awesome, going minor key for a little bit, and then building to an actual, legitimate peak!  Wonderful stuff.  Blaze On i thought was great too, although I felt like that still had lots of legs and the peak was a little truncated for the energy it had. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

shoreline99

Quote from: birdman on July 30, 2017, 05:06:23 PM
I had a great time last night. Liked Friday more than Saturday but both were great shows. I brought both of my daughters to last nights show. My older daughter, avry, had a great time at her 2nd show. My 16yo, Emma, was NOT impressed. Even though she was very familiar with some of the material,She literally did not even tap her foot once during the show. She would give Aug a run for his money in an "arms crossed, unimpressed" contest.
That being said, there is no way the show won't leave a lasting impression. This was her first big rock and roll show. I doubt she'll ever witness anything like a phish show at MSG again in her life. I'll give her a few more years and try again.
:sbw: Father if the Year

I brought my 18 and 16 yo to the show last Tuesday night. First show for both.

Strangely enough my son (that I thought would be unimpressed) enjoyed it more than my 16 yo daughter, who is more familiar with the band's music. Plus, it was a fantastic show (although as Scotty said that night, it was a weird show to have as your first one. Setting expectations and all that).

Both really enjoyed the show though, and we're hoping for a SPAC run again next summer
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

aphineday

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 30, 2017, 04:37:16 PM
Quote from: aphineday on July 30, 2017, 08:00:54 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 30, 2017, 12:40:48 AM
I made some edits.
Thanks for the help, sorry I failed! I also totally forgot they had ever played Cinnamon Girl. Ugh, I didn't even check LP because I was so sure.
Freaking n00b'd.

I expect better from dzappa25.  :roll:
Actually, I think this is almost exactly where the bar is for that dude.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

emay

Damn this llama opener is sick! Im a sucker for a Llama opener, also no mention of that strange lost friends emergency intro about the bills in the car? wtf was that? Then the brown donut woodstock joke lol! Sounds like its pretty rowdy there

rowjimmy

Quote from: emay on August 01, 2017, 08:59:54 PM
no mention of that strange lost friends emergency intro about the bills in the car? wtf was that? Then the brown donut woodstock joke lol! Sounds like its pretty rowdy there

Those are both the same joke.

emay

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 02, 2017, 02:22:13 PM
Quote from: emay on August 01, 2017, 08:59:54 PM
no mention of that strange lost friends emergency intro about the bills in the car? wtf was that? Then the brown donut woodstock joke lol! Sounds like its pretty rowdy there

Those are both the same joke.

yeah at first listen I was thrown off. Never heard some random announcement like that before a phish show that wasn't weather related.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: aphineday on July 29, 2017, 11:22:20 PM
Set I : Llama, Wilson, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Yar Mar, Tela, The Birds, The Line, Water in the Sky, Vultures, Train Song, Horn, I am the Walrus

This first set! One of the rare Phish shows, especially in 3.0, where I actually enjoyed it more than the second.

They were feeling it right off the bat. Early set Wilson jam?! What! Had me thinking of Hershey 96.... then Stealing Time gets a MicroJam...... Super unique Ya Mar w/ Trey rockin' the delay, Well played Tela. Vultures/Train Song/Horn triple decker?! Love those songs. Actually, I love every song in this set other that Stealing Time and the Line, but even those got interesting.

What in the Sam Hill is going on in The Line jam? If you skipped it, it's worth a re-listen for the comedic factor. So, first of all, the tempo and general tightness of the band seems all out of wack during this jam and Trey hits an impressive amount of wrong notes.....BUT.... Fishman is FEELING it once again.  Check out around 4:50 to the end.  Fish just goes wild and speeds up so much out of nowhere. Pretty hilarious to me.
Bring in the dude!