News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2017-09-03 Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO

Started by pcr3, September 04, 2017, 01:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

I dunno man, cool to see my first Buffalo Bill and DWD > Light had some good stuff, but this was clearly the weakest show of the run and was not your typical Sunday smoker. 

Trey's playing at this show and honestly at times on Friday just seemed really hesitant/nervous, it was weird. 

Still had a good time chilling with emay, wtu and mrs wtu during the show and definitely glad I finally made it out to Dicks to see what all the fuss is about and it really is a great venue. 

Also nice to meet ph92, VDB and to see the old school paug crew of guyforget and disco.  And of course "old man river" caravan2001.   :sbw:  But seriously, thanks for the Lawsons and the ride on Sunday. 

Fun fact, I hadn't seen Waste since Red Rocks 09 which was surprising, but then I looked at the chart and it turns out it has only been played twice/year since 2011, who knew?

I guess Waste and I will always have Colorado. .  .
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

jam>

Quote from: Hicks on September 05, 2017, 01:58:07 AM

In somewhat unrelated news: this show isn't the first time Norwegian Wood jam has been played in the second song / second set slot in Colorado. Red Rocks 96 I'm looking at you.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

gah

Quote from: ph92 on September 05, 2017, 01:45:03 AM
Quote from: VDB on September 04, 2017, 08:45:34 PM
I'm pretty happy to have gotten Most Events. This one had the same outro progression as the BD version... so I guess that wasn't a jam after all? Or it was and they liked it so much it's now the ending? Odd.

There were a handful of compelling moments during the second set that I look forward to revisiting.
I kinda felt the same way about Most Events. Although, just based on the playing (I listened to the BD version today as well for comparison) It seems last night's was more loose. So maybe they just haven't delved into the territory yet. I really dig the song though, so I hope they push it.

That possum was fucking HOT though. They had some serious tension building at the end there and released it perfectly. Something I've noticed they've been lacking since they've been back is doing solid tension/release jamming. Most of the time is just comes out lackluster and doesn't pop like older 1.0 Stash, SOAM etc. This possum felt like they did that style some justice finally.

DWD went pretty out there, but it seemed like the standard set 2 DWD jam progression. Gin was pretty solid and melodic, had a good time on that one. Piper was definitely worth mentioning as well.

IIRC 46 days had a little extra coming out of Fish, which was real fun to dance to.

All in all, great show. Excellent tour closer to a fucking AMAZING summer of Phish.

damn straight.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Hicks on September 05, 2017, 01:58:07 AM
I dunno man, cool to see my first Buffalo Bill and DWD > Light had some good stuff, but this was clearly the weakest show of the run and was not your typical Sunday smoker. 

Trey's playing at this show and honestly at times on Friday just seemed really hesitant/nervous, it was weird. 

Still had a good time chilling with emay, wtu and mrs wtu during the show and definitely glad I finally made it out to Dicks to see what all the fuss is about and it really is a great venue. 

Also nice to meet ph92, VDB and to see the old school paug crew of guyforget and disco.  And of course "old man river" caravan2001.   :sbw:  But seriously, thanks for the Lawsons and the ride on Sunday. 

Fun fact, I hadn't seen Waste since Red Rocks 09 which was surprising, but then I looked at the chart and it turns out it has only been played twice/year since 2011, who knew?

I was starting to think he was a figment of my imagination!
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Hicks

Dang, the end of DWD got a lot more out there than I remember, pretty epic.  And no way was that a ~> into Light, it was definitely "done". 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.