News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey Solo Acoustic Winter 2018

Started by VDB, November 27, 2017, 08:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

I caught Sunday's show in Athens and I couldn't agree more with VDB. The amount of people getting up out of their seats with such frequency was insane. I've seen my share of shows in this kind of setting / atmosphere and it was by far the worst I've experienced. People were getting up constantly. For one couple, I stopped counting at 5 times. Maybe it's just the grumpy old man in me but good lord, it was beyond annoying.

With that said, the show itself was great. Highlights were DFB, Fee, Ghost, Sand and obviously Slave. Slave was gorgeous. Avoiding a # Line was a plus as well  :wink:  When this show was announced I really had no plans to go mainly because I've seen a couple of his Acoustic / Electric shows and didn't think this show would vary much from a setlist perspective. I never would have expected to see a Ghost or a Sand. I'm glad I changed my mind the morning tix went on sale.

Set: Heavy Things, Farmhouse, Dog Faced Boy, More, NICU, Miss You, Fee, Ghost, Waste, Water in the Sky, Sand, Brian & Robert, Bouncing Around The Room, Theme From The Bottom, Strange Design, Lizards, Blaze On, Slave To The Traffic Light

Encore: Inlaw Josie Wales, The Wedge, Character Zero
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

Quote from: mehead on February 20, 2018, 09:29:13 AM
I caught Sunday's show in Athens and I couldn't agree more with VDB. The amount of people getting up out of their seats with such frequency was insane. I've seen my share of shows in this kind of setting / atmosphere and it was by far the worst I've experienced. People were getting up constantly. For one couple, I stopped counting at 5 times. Maybe it's just the grumpy old man in me but good lord, it was beyond annoying.

With that said, the show itself was great. Highlights were DFB, Fee, Ghost, Sand and obviously Slave. Slave was gorgeous. Avoiding a # Line was a plus as well  :wink:  When this show was announced I really had no plans to go mainly because I've seen a couple of his Acoustic / Electric shows and didn't think this show would vary much from a setlist perspective. I never would have expected to see a Ghost or a Sand. I'm glad I changed my mind the morning tix went on sale.

Set: Heavy Things, Farmhouse, Dog Faced Boy, More, NICU, Miss You, Fee, Ghost, Waste, Water in the Sky, Sand, Brian & Robert, Bouncing Around The Room, Theme From The Bottom, Strange Design, Lizards, Blaze On, Slave To The Traffic Light

I was reading on a phish group there was some wook girl in the upper balcony that was like screaming and talking through the entire show. Security kicked her out during Lizards and there was a standing ovation lol. I would have been pretty annoyed at that. The times I saw him at the symphony people were respectful and even dressed up, even the wooks!

Thanks for the link PG, gotta catch up on the stories from second half of tour.

mehead

Quote from: emay on February 20, 2018, 01:18:43 PM
Quote from: mehead on February 20, 2018, 09:29:13 AM

I was reading on a phish group there was some wook girl in the upper balcony that was like screaming and talking through the entire show. Security kicked her out during Lizards and there was a standing ovation lol. I would have been pretty annoyed at that. The times I saw him at the symphony people were respectful and even dressed up, even the wooks!

Thanks for the link PG, gotta catch up on the stories from second half of tour.

What's funny is I was in the lower balcony and we had a wook right in front of me who basically did the same thing. He talked to his girlfriend throughout the entire show and he was so loud. Wasn't even attempting to whisper. Towards the latter part of the set, he started to yell and scream incoherently. He was saying that there is always an opportunity to be a dick and this was his time. Just standing up, yelling this. I told him if that was his goal, then mission accomplished. He then turned around, looked at me and the couple sitting next to me to fuck off and gave us the double bird salute. We chuckled. He then kept yapping to his girlfriend. Trey comes out for the encore and he starts playing Josie Wales, he continues to stand twirling around and again, gives everyone the double bird salute again. We told him he makes a lousy window and to sit the fuck down. After telling him this a couple of more times, he finally sits his ass down. And of course, continues to talk to his girlfriend. It was nuts.

VDB

Jesus.

Either a person is naturally that big a dickbag, or they managed to get themselves that fucked up for a solo acoustic guitar show. Neither is a good look.
Is this still Wombat?

mehead

Quote from: VDB on February 20, 2018, 06:34:24 PM
Jesus.

Either a person is naturally that big a dickbag, or they managed to get themselves that fucked up for a solo acoustic guitar show. Neither is a good look.

It was definitely both in this case.

pcr3

Those experiences sound shitty.  The crowd in Cambridge could not have been more silent or more respectful.  As the room is virtually perfect acoustically, any noise made by the crowd would have been heard by everybody in the room, including Trey.  That alone may have kept any potential disturbers silent.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

birdman

Quote from: pcr3 on February 21, 2018, 01:03:58 PM
Those experiences sound shitty.  The crowd in Cambridge could not have been more silent or more respectful.  As the room is virtually perfect acoustically, any noise made by the crowd would have been heard by everybody in the room, including Trey.  That alone may have kept any potential disturbers silent.
yeah it was pin drop quiet at the DC show as well. Perhaps the fact that it was a synagogue helped in this case. Everyone was on their best behavior.
Paug FTMFW!