Author Topic: 2017-12-30 Madison Square Garden New York, NY  (Read 574 times)

Offline ytowndan

• Stole The Book
  • Media Center Admin
  • In the Band
    • My List
Re: 2017-12-30 Madison Square Garden New York, NY
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 02:12:15 PM »
You know the boys are on when even a deep second set Farmhouse delivers.

Ha!  For real.  I thoroughly enjoyed last night, especially the DWD and Steam sequence.

Also, I agree with Scott.  The Slow Brother felt like a mistake they just rolled with. 
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Offline mbw

• Gamehendge
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 04:42:43 PM »
Mar must have given scotty some of his chemistry drugs.

Offline Gumbo72203

• In the Band
  • when in Gamehendge....
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 02:13:48 PM »
So this was fucking fantastic.  Mike's was rather standard, but I enjoyed the Weekapaug and though that was good; it seems hard for Trey to get creative at the molasses tempo though.  Trey also needs to practice Hydrogen.  Jesus. 

HOWEVER, that Tweezer!!!  Fuck yes!!!  That was so good.  I loved it.  The major key shift that Page instigates midway through is brilliant.  Throughout a lot of it I felt like I was listening to old, relaxed 98-03 Phish again with Fishman's tempo and pacing.  It was just perfect.  Perfect.  And then Kill Devil Falls was fantastic too!  If you listen closely, you'll hear Trey playing some of the same licks he plays in the 7/8/00 Tweezer, which I thought was neat. 

And then that Gin!!!  Gin was pretty standard until this one moment about 3/4 of the way through when Fishman pumps the tempo and it just takes off.  Everybody plays into the energy and it just accelerates madly.  Wonderful stuff.  The Slow Brother and More are just finishing touches on a perfect set. 

Disease I thought was good, but wasn't too thrilled by the majority of the jam when it was happening until they get to that Allman's jam at the end.  THAT was fucking sick.  Steam was great.  Farmhouse was great too... just like Scott said:  floaty. 

Marmar, you need to lay off the drugs maybe haha.  This show has tons of great stuff. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
  • 'Looking for owls?' the young man asked.
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 12:53:34 PM »

Also, the slow brother must've been a mistake, right? I feel like Mike just started it at the wrong tempo and they had to go with it from there? It was an interesting twist either way.

Mike doesn't make mistakes  :wink:
It really sounds premeditated to me.