News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-12-30 - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

Started by ytowndan, December 30, 2018, 11:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

PHISH, SUNDAY 12/30/2018
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
New York, NY   

SET 1: Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, Mike's Song > Glide II > Weekapaug Groove -> Crosseyed and Painless > Bliss[1] > Billy Breathes, No Men In No Man's Land > Tube -> Weekapaug Groove[2] -> Tube > More   

SET 2: Cool Amber and Mercury, Everything's Right > Plasma > Light > Wading in the Velvet Sea, Split Open and Melt   

ENCORE: Funky Bitch, Wilson > Rocky Top > Cavern   

[1] Phish debut.
[2] Unfinished.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

anthrax

split open and melt sent me to outer space from my living room.  how was it there?  you guys still breathing??

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on December 30, 2018, 11:56:02 PM
split open and melt sent me to outer space from my living room.  how was it there?  you guys still breathing??

Other than the disappointment of rolling up on Katz's to find it closed, we're doing alright.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

ph92

Quote from: anthrax on December 30, 2018, 11:56:02 PM
I melted for sure. That shit was absolutely nuts
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

mbw

VDB

Quote from: mbw on December 31, 2018, 09:08:14 AM
Dudes, Trey played Bliss.

It was lovely. I did not realize that was the debut.

Quality show. A provocative combo of new and old flavors. Group communication was at a high level.
Is this still Wombat?

Caravan2001

Sick show!!  Could never have dreamed up a first set like that. When they went back into Tube the place exploded.

danje

My first show and listen of the year. Was blown away. Trey sounds the best in years. Loving the dark alien themes.

nab

Quote from: danje on December 31, 2018, 02:28:52 PM
My first show and listen of the year. Was blown away. Trey sounds the best in years. Loving the dark alien themes.

You should revisit the rest of this year's fall tour.

rowjimmy

Good show was good. Jams held up on tape this morning.
Katz's was a bummer but we rallied with Indian.

mbw

Buffalo Budd

Heater last night, can't wait to hear it start to finish.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

What a bonkers first set. I lost my shit so many times. Glide 2.... the -> C&P..... Bliss debut.... sick tube jam > Paug reprise. Good stuff! Second set was no slouch either but didn't pull me in like the first.
Bring in the dude!

Gumbo72203

This Everything's Right jam is the business.  Gives me Deer Creek Gumbo vibes with the half-time whammy melodies.  Good stuff. 

I also liked that Trey plays lead on the Mike's jam rather than fucking with his delay pedal with chords like he's done in 99% of every other Mike's Song since like 2014 haha
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again