News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upgraded forums - please report anything weird!

Started by tet, March 20, 2006, 12:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

Quote from: jedifunk on October 10, 2006, 12:48:14 AM
nope... not working here in this thread.

doesn't work if you're using IE most likely, or until you clear your cache.  testing from 3 machines last nite (2 macs and a PC) it seems to be working just fine.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

nope, i'm on a mac (remember)...

and it was working now its not working anywhere.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

Neither is tet's humour sensor.  :wink:

Quote from: tet on October 09, 2006, 10:47:11 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on October 09, 2006, 10:34:18 PM
Of course you know I'll have to report you for trademark infringment...

:evil:

they tolerate use of the :phish: logo as long as there is no profit associated with it.  I don't see Phish.net in trouble, and they've been using it since 1994 :-P

tet

Quote from: jedifunk on October 10, 2006, 10:00:13 AM
nope, i'm on a mac (remember)...

and it was working now its not working anywhere.

well i don't see why that would be the case, since it's working on all the machines in my household and office. 

Have you cleared your cache?
-Phish

jedifunk

yup, cache cleared... and then cleared again just now... still nothing..

it was working, now its not.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

August

Quote from: jedifunk on October 10, 2006, 12:57:46 PM
yup, cache cleared... and then cleared again just now... still nothing..

it was working, now its not.

a

rowjimmy

tet

-Phish

August

it is working now on each page.
but the graphic next to my bookmark is just a black box.
a

tet

Quote from: august on October 10, 2006, 01:30:57 PM
it is working now on each page.
but the graphic next to my bookmark is just a black box.
a

mine did the same thing in Firefox but works in Safari.  if u delete the bookmark, it should re-cache it. 
-Phish

sls.stormyrider

just loggin in with my (rarely used) IE). not working there but perfect with firefox. logo appears in bookmark automatically and with each page.:beers:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

guyforget

I just did some maintenance.  Please let me know if anything weird is going on for any users.  Everything seems to be a-ok to me, but Im probably missing something. 
-AD_

PhishJY

Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

PhishJY

I do have a question though...

When you click "quote" on a previous post, a little green bar drops down from the top that says, "Loading..."

Since when?  Where did that come from?

Using this fabulous IE7 (a la Firefox, as I like to call it), the bar dropping down is causing the quote function to take too long.  It was faster without the bar.
Quote from: nab on April 13, 2007, 09:50:05 AM
Honestly though, this whole post whoring thing is getting to be a little ridiculous.  But does having a higher post count make a cooler pauger?

tet

that was implemented a few months ago, when we upgraded to 1.1 RC3 of the forums software.  that's for dynamic loading of pages, "AJAX" stuff, if you're familiar with it... frequently referred to as "Web 2.0", even though it really isn't.  If you edit a post you just made, you'll see that bar as well.  It basically just allows changes to be made without reloading an entire page, saving on bandwidth and making the functionality of the site seem higher end.  Unfortunately, IE 7 isn't a standards compliant browser, like most things to come out of Redmond, so it doesn't always work right with all people's computers.  Using IE 7 though, you should now see the cool little Phish logo to the left of our web address up above :)
-Phish