News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Show Listened To?

Started by August, April 06, 2006, 03:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on October 13, 2016, 07:00:35 AM
Quote from: susep on October 12, 2016, 03:45:43 PM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on October 12, 2016, 02:42:05 PM
<3

Grateful Dead
Live at Hollywood Palladium
1971-08-06

Bertha, Playin' In The Band, Loser, Mr. Charlie, Cumberland Blues, Brokedown Palace, Me And Bobby McGee, Hard To Handle, Casey Jones Saint Stephen, Truckin'-> Drums-> The Other One-> Me & My Uncle-> The Other One, Deal, Sugar Magnolia, Morning Dew, Turn On Your Love Light

Notes
1/4 track 7.5 ips. 40-50 feet back, dead center.

- 2 seconds of static during tuning.
- Weather Report Suite tease at the end.

one of favs, sick show.

indeed.
anything with brokedown and lovelight... my favorites beyond anything.
Charlie just seals the deal; sibling jam for me and mine.

highlights for me are bolded.  The Other One is other worldly.  First Me and My Uncle segue inside TOO. 

susep

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Lorensbergs Cirkus, Gothenburg, Sweden. 8th January 1969 (2nd show)

Source: Audience recording

Lineage: Master Reel> Cassette > AIFF > FLAC

File Size: 407 MB(FLAC)

Tracks

CD ONE
1. Voodoo Child (slight return)
2. Foxy Lady
3. Red House
4. Sunshine Of Your Love
5. I Don't Live Today>
Third Stone From The Sun>
I Don't Live Today

CD TWO
6. Hear My Train A Comin
7. Spanish Castle Magic>
drum solo
8. Purple Haze
9. Star Spangled Banner

Strange show, Jimi hits a few nice peaks but overall his playing his very atonal and dissonant.  Don't get me wrong, his playing is always generally atonal and dissonant however here he doesn't hook up w/ Mitch and Noel as well and oscillates between alpha and beta frequently. 
Hear My Train is a good version, the first of '69 that saw many great versions both live and studio.  SCMagic also features a 3+ min Mitch drum solo that somehow inspires Jimi to play some of his best music of the night in the outro jam. 

susep

THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE
1969-01-10 (1st show)
Falkoner Centret
Copenhagen, Denmark

Incomplete Audience Recording

1st Gen Cassette>CDR>EAC>WAV>TLH>FLAC>DIME

Recorded by The infamous Dannish Taper

From the collection of Per-Erik

Originaly Uploaded by Lucifer Burns (Dimeadozen, October 2010)

Setlist (1st Show) 71:25

1. FIRE   04:08
2. FOXY LADY 05:25
3. TAX FREE 13:06
4. SPANISH CASTLE MAGIC 08:50
5. RED HOUSE 16:37
6. SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE 08:29
7. I DON'T LIVE TODAY incl.Star Spangled Banner & 3rd Stone From The Sun. 09:26
8. purple haze 05:19

A really good set, one of the better JHE audience recordings I've heard. 

mopper_smurf

Quote from: susep on January 03, 2017, 08:49:31 AM
Jimi Hendrix Experience - Lorensbergs Cirkus, Gothenburg, Sweden. 8th January 1969 (2nd show)

Source: Audience recording

Lineage: Master Reel> Cassette > AIFF > FLAC

File Size: 407 MB(FLAC)

Tracks

CD ONE
1. Voodoo Child (slight return)
2. Foxy Lady
3. Red House
4. Sunshine Of Your Love
5. I Don't Live Today>
Third Stone From The Sun>
I Don't Live Today

CD TWO
6. Hear My Train A Comin
7. Spanish Castle Magic>
drum solo
8. Purple Haze
9. Star Spangled Banner

Strange show, Jimi hits a few nice peaks but overall his playing his very atonal and dissonant.  Don't get me wrong, his playing is always generally atonal and dissonant however here he doesn't hook up w/ Mitch and Noel as well and oscillates between alpha and beta frequently. 
Hear My Train is a good version, the first of '69 that saw many great versions both live and studio.  SCMagic also features a 3+ min Mitch drum solo that somehow inspires Jimi to play some of his best music of the night in the outro jam.

That's a weird one for sure. Not sure what they were on that night. Jimi went through the motions duriing Purple Haze , almost like he was keeping an eye on the clock to see if they had filled the time slot that must have been in the contract or some such,
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

susep

Quote from: mopper_smurf on January 07, 2017, 01:35:06 AM
That's a weird one for sure. Not sure what they were on that night. Jimi went through the motions duriing Purple Haze , almost like he was keeping an eye on the clock to see if they had filled the time slot that must have been in the contract or some such,

Jimi was definitely off in Gothenburg, not sure why? 

1969-01-11 Hamburg 2nd show [FD Cleanup]

1 - Spanish Castle Magic
2 - Hear My Train
3 - I Don't Live Today
4 - Red House
5 - Sunshine of Your Love
6 - Driving South
7 - Foxy Lady
8 - Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

Lineage: 67min, ?, Audience, Master > wav > FLAC > Adobe Audition [NR, EQ, Comp] > FLAC

After Gothenburg and Stockholm, the Experience started to heat up after 2 solid shows in Copenhagen.  The momentum continued this night in Hamburg, W Germany.  There is an early show however the quality is poor.  Highlights for me is the Train, IDLToday > Red House sequence.  Jimi is very patient and jazzy in Train, he quotes The Beatles I Feel Fine, a tune he usually quotes in Hey Joe, first time I've heard him quote that in Train.  For Red House and Sunshine of Your Love Jimi would take off his Strat and switch to his white Gibson SG however here after IDLT he segues directly into Red House.  The last 3 minutes of IDLT are bombastic setting up a super charged version of Red House.  Jimi also played a rare version of Drivin' South after strapping on his SG however it was brief and no where near as good as the 6Oct.1967 BBC version.   

Buffalo Budd

:phish:
10-21-1995
Pershing Auditorium
Lincoln, NE

Sound Check
Dog Log
Life On Mars?
The Old Home Place

Set I
Tweezer Reprise
Chalk Dust Torture
Guelah Papyrus >
Reba
Wilson >
Cars Trucks Buses
Kung >
The Lizards
Strange Design
Acoustic Army
Good Times Bad Times >
Tweezer Reprise

Set II
Audience Chess Move
2001 >
David Bowie
Lifeboy
Sparkle >
You Enjoy Myself >
Purple Rain >
Hold Your Head Up
Harry Hood
Suzy Greenberg

Encore
Highway To Hell

1st set bookended by Tweeprise, Reba is a smoker, Kung is really cool out of CTB. One of my all time favorite Bowies, Trey is just unstoppable pushing the others. The whole show just drips with creativity from all 4 guys with a perfect flow to both sets.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

mopper_smurf

St Louis '93. Both of them again. And again.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

khalpin

QuotePhish
October 7, 1995
Spokane Opera House - Spokane, WA

Source: Neumann KM140 (No other source info given)
Transfer: DA-20->Delta Dio 2496->Soundforge 4.5 (48>44.1 resampling on highest accuracy setting w/anti alias filter)->CDWAV->SHN
Transfer by: Brandon Johnston (bisq1@yahoo.com)

DISC 1
Set 1:
1.Julius
2.Gumbo
3.Fog That Surrounds
4.Mound
5.Possum
6.The Mango Song
7.Acoustic Army
8.Wilson
9.Run Like an Antelope

DISC 2 (80 minute disc)
Set 2:
1.Makisupa Policeman
2.Cars Trucks Buses
3.Split Open and Melt
4.Strange Design
5.It's Ice
6.Contact
7.Frankenstein
8.Harry Hood
9.Sweet Adeline
10.Encore Break
11.Fire
I wouldn't think Trey would have a mic at waist level.  Is that Trey's vocal mic that's picking up his guitar when he turns the volume all the way down?  It's definitely coming through the PA somehow.  Anyway, despite the greatness of the Hood, it's still greatly lacking the money shot at the end.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: khalpin on May 20, 2017, 08:18:19 AM
QuotePhish
October 7, 1995

Transfer: DA-20->Delta Dio 2496->Soundforge 4.5 (48>44.1 resampling on highest accuracy setting w/anti alias filter)->CDWAV->SHN

DISC 1
Set 1:
1.Julius
2.Gumbo
3.Fog That Surrounds
4.Mound
5.Possum
6.The Mango Song
7.Acoustic Army
8.Wilson
9.Run Like an Antelope

DISC 2 (80 minute disc)
Set 2:
1.Makisupa Policeman
2.Cars Trucks Buses
3.Split Open and Melt
4.Strange Design
5.It's Ice
6.Contact
7.Frankenstein
8.Harry Hood
9.Sweet Adeline
10.Encore Break
11.Fire
I wouldn't think Trey would have a mic at waist level.  Is that Trey's vocal mic that's picking up his guitar when he turns the volume all the way down?  It's definitely coming through the PA somehow.  Anyway, despite the greatness of the Hood, it's still greatly lacking the money shot at the end.

Gave that show a whirl a month or so back, thought they nailed the versions of each tune.
I felt it was more the setlist choices.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

susep

QuotePhish
October 7, 1995

DISC 1
Set 1:
1.Julius
2.Gumbo
3.Fog That Surrounds
4.Mound
5.Possum
6.The Mango Song
7.Acoustic Army
8.Wilson
9.Run Like an Antelope

DISC 2 (80 minute disc)
Set 2:
1.Makisupa Policeman
2.Cars Trucks Buses
3.Split Open and Melt
4.Strange Design
5.It's Ice
6.Contact
7.Frankenstein
8.Harry Hood
9.Sweet Adeline
10.Encore Break
11.Fire

Great Hood 4 days prior:

PHISH, TUESDAY 10/03/1995
SEATTLE CENTER ARENA
Seattle , WA   

SET 1: Maze, Guelah Papyrus, Foam, Fast Enough for You, I'm Blue, I'm Lonesome[1], Free, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday, Sample in a Jar > You Enjoy Myself   

SET 2: Timber (Jerry) > It's Ice > Sparkle > Harry Hood, Billy Breathes, Faht[2], Sweet Adeline, Split Open and Melt, The Squirming Coil   

ENCORE: Rocky Top   
[1] Acoustic.
[2] Fish on acoustic guitar.
The opening act was Baby Gramps. I'm Blue I'm Lonesome was performed acoustic and Faht featured Fish on acoustic guitar.

khalpin

Quote from: susep on May 21, 2017, 09:48:37 AM
QuotePhish
October 7, 1995

DISC 1
Set 1:
1.Julius
2.Gumbo
3.Fog That Surrounds
4.Mound
5.Possum
6.The Mango Song
7.Acoustic Army
8.Wilson
9.Run Like an Antelope

DISC 2 (80 minute disc)
Set 2:
1.Makisupa Policeman
2.Cars Trucks Buses
3.Split Open and Melt
4.Strange Design
5.It's Ice
6.Contact
7.Frankenstein
8.Harry Hood
9.Sweet Adeline
10.Encore Break
11.Fire

Great Hood 4 days prior:

PHISH, TUESDAY 10/03/1995
SEATTLE CENTER ARENA
Seattle , WA   

SET 1: Maze, Guelah Papyrus, Foam, Fast Enough for You, I'm Blue, I'm Lonesome[1], Free, The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday > Avenu Malkenu > The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday, Sample in a Jar > You Enjoy Myself   

SET 2: Timber (Jerry) > It's Ice > Sparkle > Harry Hood, Billy Breathes, Faht[2], Sweet Adeline, Split Open and Melt, The Squirming Coil   

ENCORE: Rocky Top   
[1] Acoustic.
[2] Fish on acoustic guitar.
The opening act was Baby Gramps. I'm Blue I'm Lonesome was performed acoustic and Faht featured Fish on acoustic guitar.
There isn't a bad Hood on that whole tour.

mopper_smurf

When Lars didn't fuck up as much. Was really annoyed when they did a short version Master Of Puppets.

QuoteBand name: Metallica
Date: December 7, 1992
Venue: Brabanthallen
Tour name: Wherever We May Roam

Filming type: Professional (Pro-Shot)
Captured from the in-house video feed.

Setlist:

Enter Sandman
Creeping Death
Harvester Of Sorrow
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Sad But True
Wherever I May Roam
Of Wolf And Man
Bass Solo
The Unforgiven
Justice Medley (Includes excerpts of "Eye of the Beholder", "Blackened", "The Frayed Ends of Sanity" and "...And Justice for All")
Bass Solo
Guitar Solo
Small Daze And Confused Jam
Through The Never
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fade To Black
Master Of Puppets (short version)
Seek & Destroy
Whiplash
Nothing Else Matters
Am I Evil?
Last Caress
One
Damage, Inc.
Motorbreath
Breadfan
Twitter | FB | Instagram

khalpin

Quote from: mopper_smurf on May 27, 2017, 01:27:21 AM

When Lars didn't fuck up as much. Was really annoyed when they did a short version Master Of Puppets.

QuoteBand name: Metallica
Date: December 7, 1992
Venue: Brabanthallen
Tour name: Wherever We May Roam

Filming type: Professional (Pro-Shot)
Captured from the in-house video feed.

Setlist:

Enter Sandman
Creeping Death
Harvester Of Sorrow
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Sad But True
Wherever I May Roam
Of Wolf And Man
Bass Solo
The Unforgiven
Justice Medley (Includes excerpts of "Eye of the Beholder", "Blackened", "The Frayed Ends of Sanity" and "...And Justice for All")
Bass Solo
Guitar Solo
Small Daze And Confused Jam
Through The Never
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fade To Black
Master Of Puppets (short version)
Seek & Destroy
Whiplash
Nothing Else Matters
Am I Evil?
Last Caress
One
Damage, Inc.
Motorbreath
Breadfan
There are just as many bass solos in that show as there are tracks from Ride the Lightning.  :shakehead:

sunrisevt

New York , NY
SET 1: The Landlady[1], Divided Sky, Foam, Tube[2], The Asse Festival[2], Run Like an Antelope, Minute by Minute[3], Buried Alive[2], Paul and Silas[4], Bouncing Around the Room > Possum[5]

SET 2: Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Magilla[2], Stash[2], Goin' Down Slow[4], The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > AC/DC Bag[6] -> Buried Alive[7] -> Take the 'A' Train > Sparks > Reba, Self[8], Dahlia[8], Revolution's Over[8]

ENCORE: The Lizards

ENCORE 2: La Grange

God DAMN  :music:
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.