News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Recipes!

Started by shoreline99, May 29, 2006, 05:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

I call this one: "slim's mom makes him eggs"

1. fry pre-made hashbrowns in oil on stovetop.
2. scramble eggs with whatever stuff you like in eggs-- i.e: ham, mush, peppers, jalepenos, spinach, etc...
3. drain oil from hashbrowns, and place eggs on top of hashbrowns in skillet; then top with lots of shredded cheese.
4. place in oven, broiler, till cheese melts.
5 eat.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

here's one more, it'll be: "Slim doesnt want eggs for lunch, so he'll have tuna melts"

1. drain water from can of tuna.
2. mix tuna with one big spoon of mayo, and one small spoon of pickle relish.
place tuna mix on four english muffin halfs.
3. top with shredded cheddar.
4. broil in oven till cheese is melted.
5. healthy meal to enjoy!!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

shoreline99

My Balsamic Vinaigrette:

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp dijon mustard
salt
pepper

put it in a cleaned-out and washed jelly jar, close the lid and shake the heck out of it :banana:

pour over salad OR...

tomato basil salad:
fresh mozzarella
fresh basil
fresh tomatoes

chop tomatoes into bite size pieces and dice the mozzarella into small chunks. roll the basil leaves and chop them fairly fine. toss together in a bowl with balsamic vinaigrette. eat.

note: do NOT make this in an aluminum bowl. yuck.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

jephrey

Aight everybody.  Here's my review of Jedi's 5-spice flank steak.
I just wrapped the beef and rice in the lettuce and ate it like lettuce burritos.

It was fantastic!  This will get rotation on my menu.  My wife isn't a huge ginger fan so I could cut down on that, but ginger is my secret to my stir fry and she loves it.  In any case, I thought it was excellent.  You should all try it right now.

I have spinach in my garden so I'm thinking of that vinaigrette for that.  Looks good shoreline.  I'll post results if/when I get er done!

Thanks jedi, karma to you for the recipe, it was great. (BTW, I cooked the meat a little longer cuz I didn't let the grill heat up enough, but I still had a little pink  :wink: And it was tender and juicy).  You're definitely right about that cut of meat.  I'm sure I have, but don't remember having it before.  It is a good part o the cow.

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

ucusty

i have this in my resturant

Broken (Lava Lamp) Balsamic Vin

1cup Dark Balsamic vin reduced 75%-80%
be careful dont over reduce or burn,  You're looking for a syrup type consientency
cool down add EV olive oil

goes great with bread, toms, mozz, & basil
also use this w/ grilled squash, zucc, eggplant, & portabellos

jedifunk

glad you liked it jeph!  its a great cut of meat, and the marinade it top dog!
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

gimmetela

This may have two titles..."I'm seriously jonesin' for chocolate" PIE  or the "Best PMS cure ever..."

It's my gramma's recipe and it has saved many people from harm in the past.

3 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. (heaping, seriously, ya'll heap that shit.) baking cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cup milk
1/3 cup flour
1 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla

In Saucepan:
Combine all dry ingredients.  Add 1 cup milk.  Add egg yolks to other cup milk, then add to mixture in saucepan.  Cook over medium-low heat until thich, continually stirring to keep from scorching or sticking.  Add butter and vanilla and let cool.  Pour into pie shell and refrigerate.  Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.

oooooooooooooh, you're gonna love it.

Also, a great munchie...Pop popcorn, not the bag shit, real deal popcorn.  Instead of butter, use olive oil and add nutritional yeast flakes, spike (all purpose seasoning) and paprika.  Yummy, and good for ya too.

Enjoy friends.

sls.stormyrider

My wife is the real cook, but I do the grilling
The flank steak looks great - love it on the grill. Will have to try that one.

Some other steak recipes
1-My dad's london broil
Marinate overnight with a mixture of brown mustard, worcester sauce, tabasco, salt and pepper. if you haven't planned ahead, a few hours will do but overnight is better
grill -about 7 min on each side for med rare (depending on how thick it is)

2 - Tuscan steak - this is a nice splurge. Simple, but everyone seems to love it.
1 porterhouse for 2 people, about 2" thick
rub with fresh garlic
1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper per side
grill over high heat, 2.5 min per side (I like hardwood charcoal best)
move to cooler part of grill (or turn the heat down for gas), usually 3 - 5 minutes per side, depending upon thickness of steak, heat of fire, and desired temp. we like it rare so I take if off at about 120 deg
let it sit for 5 minutes, then slice
sprinkle grated parmegian reggiaono (?sp), some fresh squeezed lemon juice, and a little olive oil

Enjoy!
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

jedifunk

yes!  more grilling!
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

shoreline99

Sauteed Spinach

1 pkg spinach in a bag (baby spinach is best)
1 shallot
1 -2 cloves garlic
olive oil
butter
parmesan cheese
salt & pepper
balsamic vinegar

chop shallot and garlic. saute in equal parts butter and olive oil. when translucent, rinse and add bag of spinach. add more olive oil as needed so spinach doesn't burn ( I eyeball it). When spinach has cooked down, remove from heat and put in a bowl. add salt & pepper to taste, a handful of grated parmesan and a splash of balsamic vinegar. adjust to taste.

sounds weird, but it's tasty.  :beers:

ucusty

dinner tonight:
8 oz Tristan Lobster tails - grilled
8 oz Filet (certified angus beef) grilled
Potato Au'Graten
Italian green beans

for Potato Au'Graten
1 Pint Heavy Whipping cream
3 eggs 1 yolk
handful or so fresh parm
mix w/ kosher salt and white pepper

8-10 yukon gold potatos peeled and sliced paper thin on a mandoline
pour custard mixture in with potatos
cook 30 min or until golden brown @ 350 degrees
refrigerate over night to allow custard to "set up" (you dont have to do it this way however the results are better)
re heat at 425 for 20 mins or until complety hot

Italian Green beans
Julienne white or vidlia onion
chopped garlic
roasted red pepper - grill whole pepper until complety black and charred on the outside. put pepper into ice water to stop the cooking process.  peel off the black crud and remove the seeds * dice

came out good bringing work home  :-D

jedifunk

mmm, mmm!!  that sounds pretty deeeelish!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

MMMMM... Some new good ones.  I love london broil so I have to try that.  these all look good.  I grow spinach in my garden so I may saute it.  I love food almost as much as beer
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

disco

I've been experimenting with some spinach ceasar salads, tomatoes and pine nuts are the two keepers so far, we'll see what dinner brings tonight
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

shoreline99

baby spinach + walnuts + sliced strawberries + feta cheese + raspberry vinaigrette = yum