News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R1/W15: 07-11-2000 Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN

Started by jephrey, August 20, 2006, 10:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

My favorite versions are:

6/17/94
12/30/93
10/31/96
and

12/18/99

cactusfan

and let us not forget the excellent version swimming up out of a lovely little gumbo from 12/3/97. the first half of this version is my favorite of all owing to the beautiful way trey lays down a swirling sea of low guitar noise out of which the first notes of the song emerge.

Dolemite

Quote from: susep73 on August 23, 2006, 11:38:14 PM

I like that intro also,
9/29/99 is by far the sickest 2001 I've heard>its a monster, super-active, tripped out effects.  I call it the Big Cypress version because of its monstrousity.
6Dec.96
26Nov.97
30Dec.03 also warrant repeated listenings :-D

9-29-99 and 12-2-99, both insane

susep

Quote from: cactusfan on August 24, 2006, 10:52:02 PM
and let us not forget the excellent version swimming up out of a lovely little gumbo from 12/3/97. the first half of this version is my favorite of all owing to the beautiful way trey lays down a swirling sea of low guitar noise out of which the first notes of the song emerge.

that is a sick version>amazing show!

thelot

ok lets get back to discussing the show of the week... :-D

Set I:
Ya Mar: Nice version
Moma Dance: :banana:
Drowned>: Solid
Chalk Rep.: Nice treat
Chalk Dust: Great version
Bottom: Good version

Set II:
2001>: Solid!
Disease>Moby Dick>Disease: Hot!
Runaway Jim>Moby Dick: Sick!
GBOTT>Moby Dick>GBOTT:  :banana:
Hood>Moby Dick: Solid!

E:
1st Tube>Moby Dick>Chalk Rep.: Nice encore! :clap:

Solid show. I give it a 4.2 out of 5 for this tour. :beers:

bacchist

for the record... being the standard doesn't mean it's the best.  it just means that it's got all the elements of a good 2001 in it.  the groove is solid, and not rushed in the least.  the crowd in the recording adds to it, which is always a plus... i love how the audience reaction builds during the main theme and then drops off as the band goes back into the funky groove.

oh, and if anyone can find a single wasted note by trey in the entire song, i 'll paypal them $1.
Rebuilding...

sls.stormyrider

Enjoyed the show. Haven't listened to it since last summer, when I first d/l'ed.
Set 1
How many shows start with 3 songs that have Mike on lead vocal, then Page on the 4th (ie not Trey for 4 songs). The only real Trey vocals are Chalkdust and Cavern. thought that was interesting. does it mean anything?
anyway, thought it was a strong, rockin set. nothing stood out (except the chalkdust reprise) but it was all good.
Set 2
2001-i'll side with the yes votes on this one
DWD-strong jam. I don't know if I was paying more attention to Fish because of this show, but he seemed to be going wild during the jam. His playing made me think a little of Keith Moon (who I consider in the same league as Bonham).The Moby Dick was fun. Yea, maybe a novelty, but I enjoyed it.
Jim-good one
GBOTT-OK
HYHU>Terrapin-typical fish
Hood-another great Hood. liked Mike getting into the act
Encore-strong.

overall, enjoyable show. the moby dick made it memorable. other than that, every version was solid, but none were mind blowing
B+/A-
thanks jephrey :beers:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

thelot

Quote from: slslbs on August 25, 2006, 11:23:28 PM
How many shows start with 3 songs that have Mike on lead vocal, then Page on the 4th (ie not Trey for 4 songs). The only real Trey vocals are Chalkdust and Cavern. thought that was interesting. does it mean anything?

Vocal breakdown for set 1:

Ya Mar - vocals: Mike
Moma Dance - vocals: Fish, Trey
Uncle Penn - vocals: Mike (lead), Page, Trey (backing)
Drowned - vocals: Mike (lead), Page, Trey (backing)
Chalk Dust Rep. - vocals: Whole band
Chalk Dust - vocals: Trey (lead), Page, Mike (backing)
Bottom - vocals: Page, Trey (lead), Mike (backing)
Cavern - vocals: Trey (lead), Page, Mike (backing)

sls.stormyrider

never knew that was Fish singing Moma, also thought that was page on drowned. I also consider theme a "group" vocal.
anyway, seems like less trey at the mic than usual.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."