News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2008 NCAA March Madness Pool ???

Started by sophist, March 02, 2008, 12:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

that could work, I was going to do something like this:

free music
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

Did you guys enter for the $5 Mil prize?  I did.  I know I'm gonna pick all 63 games correctly.   :lol:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sophist

I didn't.  I was just gonna wait for the money truck and be a smooth criminal like Bill Murray in Groundhog's Day. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

tet

i'm gonna do the CBS one again, since that's already set up.  i'll join the yahoo one too if i have time.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

blatboom

doesn't take long to fill out a bracket...

tet

heh, true... especially for me, since i know nothing and just pick randomly!
-Phish

blatboom

Quote from: tet on March 16, 2008, 04:13:16 PM
heh, true... especially for me, since i know nothing and just pick randomly!

:-D sometimes those wind up winning it all!

tet

yeah, we'll see how that strategy plays out in our fantasy baseball league   :mrgreen:
-Phish

sunrisevt

So it looks like we can't see everyone else's brackets until the tourney starts on Thursday...
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

antelope19

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

antelope19

If anyone doesn't pick UNC to make it at least to the elite 8, they're foolish.  Every game for them up until then is in North Carolina.  Not only that, the first few rounds for them are actually in Raleigh.  Thats within walking distance from their campus!  

Bobafett

yeah, kinda give away there.  I can't get over the whole GA dome fiasco...i contend that the limited crowd at the semi and final games was a hinderance to my homeboys...You can't expect them to win without the cowbells.  I mean, it ain't BOC if it ain't got dem cowbells.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

antelope19

Quote from: Bobafett on March 17, 2008, 01:42:11 PM
yeah, kinda give away there.  I can't get over the whole GA dome fiasco...i contend that the limited crowd at the semi and final games was a hinderance to my homeboys...You can't expect them to win without the cowbells.  I mean, it ain't BOC if it ain't got dem cowbells.

Yeah, but you gotta hand it to the dawgs.  Beating 3 teams in 2 days in conference play is no small feat.  Thats a tough way to win your conference as an under dog.  What sucks is that other deserving teams were left out because of it.  The same could be said for my local MD boys from Coppin State.  They're the first ever 20 loss team to make the tourney.  But I guess that's the way it goes. 

sunrisevt

Quote from: antelope19 on March 17, 2008, 01:39:50 PM
If anyone doesn't pick UNC to make it at least to the elite 8, they're foolish.  Every game for them up until then is in North Carolina.  Not only that, the first few rounds for them are actually in Raleigh.  Thats within walking distance from their campus!   

Well, yeah--but that would be a miserable bitch of a walk--take you all day, and chances are, depending on the weather and stuff, that you'd die from heatstroke, drown in a torrential rainstorm, or be robbed &/or murdered along the way. Only a fool would walk from Chapel Hill to Raleigh.

If UNC doesn't make the Final Four I'll eat... well, something. These words, at least. I'm all in. I might adjust my brackets a little, but I think I like 'em the way they are.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.