News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: susep on April 24, 2018, 12:09:23 PM
Approaching my 6th year of vinyl collecting this weekend.  Remembering the "noob parade" as Aug described in this thread as myself and others would buy $50.00 or more worth of records every weekend and post pics.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard  I've certainly refined what I buy these days and am proud to say my jazz collection is double what my rock is.  Here's to many more years collecting!  :beers:

Judging by your instagram, that collection is shaping up nicely.

I'm coming up on 30 years, myself...

susep

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 24, 2018, 12:10:53 PM
Approaching my 6th year of vinyl collecting this weekend.  Remembering the "noob parade" as Aug described in this thread as myself and others would buy $50.00 or more worth of records every weekend and post pics.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard  I've certainly refined what I buy these days and am proud to say my jazz collection is double what my rock is.  Here's to many more years collecting!  :beers:

Thanks, it has definitely been a learning curve.  The days of "meat and potato" collecting are gone. 
Did you stop updating your discogs?  I peruse our week4vinyl club at discogs now and again and noticed you hadn't updated in awhile.   

rowjimmy

Quote from: susep on April 24, 2018, 12:19:04 PM

Thanks, it has definitely been a learning curve.  The days of "meat and potato" collecting are gone. 
Did you stop updating your discogs?  I peruse our week4vinyl club at discogs now and again and noticed you hadn't updated in awhile.   

It's work, man.
I update it best I can with new acquisitions but the bulk of the collection may never get on there.

susep

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 24, 2018, 12:26:46 PM
Quote from: susep on April 24, 2018, 12:19:04 PM

It's work, man.
I update it best I can with new acquisitions but the bulk of the collection may never get on there.

30 years worth, I can see why. 

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mistercharlie

Quote from: tet on April 24, 2018, 12:57:37 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on April 24, 2018, 11:48:29 AM
Will not buy picture discs.

I can see why... I've only got two picture discs in my collection.
1.) David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World
2.) Tool - Lateralus

The Bowie has some skips and imperfections (even though I bought it brand new on RSD a few years ago and I'm the only one who's ever played it). Tool is only available in the picture disc format, but it's a pretty small picture on a quarter of each side of the two discs and it doesn't really affect playback at all. But those Bowie skips kill me.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

tet

a bit disappointed in Bull Moose - they shipped my Garcia immediately, but didn't update me on Billy Breathes until yesterday, when they finally wrote to say that it was actually sold out, and they didn't have a copy for me.  no apology or other offer...  was pretty upsetting.

however, called over to my local shop, which sold out of BB on Saturday but said he should have another shipment coming in, and he actually had 1 still.  he put it aside with my name on it and i rushed over this morning, and am now $50 poorer, but i'm finally swept awayyyyyyy.

oh, to be fuckerpants, with stumps instead of feet.
-Phish

antelope19

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard  :beers:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Caravan2001

Quote from: tet on April 26, 2018, 11:41:39 AM
a bit disappointed in Bull Moose - they shipped my Garcia immediately, but didn't update me on Billy Breathes until yesterday, when they finally wrote to say that it was actually sold out, and they didn't have a copy for me.  no apology or other offer...  was pretty upsetting.

however, called over to my local shop, which sold out of BB on Saturday but said he should have another shipment coming in, and he actually had 1 still.  he put it aside with my name on it and i rushed over this morning, and am now $50 poorer, but i'm finally swept awayyyyyyy.

oh, to be fuckerpants, with stumps instead of feet.

Glad you got one.  I am sure he is getting another shipment.  Everyone is, but they won't be numbered....

rowjimmy

Went and picked up the Hot Tuna RSD release just now because it's awesome.

tet

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 27, 2018, 01:49:50 PM

looked good but i didn't see any copies nearby.  however, i did see a Buddy Guy 10".  i just hate paying $9 for like 2-3 songs... 
-Phish

Caravan2001

I need that!

rowjimmy

My guy had the Bert Jansch records too but at $29 a pop, I'm gonna hold out and get old copies.

Hicks

Quote from: tet on April 27, 2018, 03:05:39 PM

looked good but i didn't see any copies nearby.  however, i did see a Buddy Guy 10".  i just hate paying $9 for like 2-3 songs...

I hate to break it to you, but you paid $3.84/song for Billy Breathes. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on April 27, 2018, 06:54:28 PM
Quote from: tet on April 27, 2018, 03:05:39 PM

I hate to break it to you, but you paid $3.84/song for Billy Breathes.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.