News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Under The Scales - Tom Marshall Podcast

Started by rowjimmy, November 07, 2016, 11:33:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Marmar

weird....soundcloud isn't wasn't loading it...got it to play
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

anthrax

interesting to hear trey talk about setlists.  i still don't know how he doesn't accidentally end up repeating a song during a 3 or 4 night run. 

mbw

That was some great guitar talk, lol.
Hope they don't even get to it cause I'd much rather hear Tom and Trey just tell stories.

Someone tell bieber boy to gtfo.

mbw

Weed chick was really annoying as are most weed people.

Bobafett

Quote from: mbw on February 06, 2017, 08:03:04 PM
Weed chick was really annoying as are most weed people.

Yes she was. I couldn't even finish it.  Why is it so hard to abruptly end a fucking sentence?  Do you have to drift off with your slutty mouth agape every fucking time you say something?

And the guitar thing.  I heard about 2 minutes of guitar talk.  I'm not complaining, but at this rate it'll be longer than the NYE show!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

rowjimmy

Am expecting some actual guitar talk in the next part.
As I understand it they didn't actually get to ask many questions. Trey likes to talk.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 06, 2017, 09:46:21 PM
Trey likes to talk.

For real! He rambles on and on from topic to topic.... yet, it's pretty coherent, and he's a good story teller.... and I love him, so I'll let it slide.

The setlist talk was interesting.  They really walk on stage w/o any idea what song they're going to open with.  Funny how Trey seems to think the song choices become obvious when the time comes.

The comments about new songs and how Elton John almost seemed 'apologetic' for playing them made me think of Dr. Gabel :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 07, 2017, 10:08:30 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 06, 2017, 09:46:21 PM
Trey likes to talk.

For real! He rambles on and on from topic to topic.... yet, it's pretty coherent, and he's a good story teller.... and I love him, so I'll let it slide.

It wasn't a knock; just an observation.

Buffalo Budd

He can ramble all day about song choices and I'd be all ears.
Even stories about their early formative years leave me wanting more.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Gundo

Mmmhm, I could listen to Trey talk forever. He's so dreamy

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

The latest under the scales is hilarious if you haven't given it a listen.
Great show experiences told by Tom and the 2 Phils.