News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Summer Tour 2020

Started by emay, January 23, 2020, 04:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Live Nation just stopped all shows...
Bring in the dude!

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Bobafett on March 12, 2020, 03:36:13 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 12, 2020, 03:04:05 PM

:cry: Sadpanda

They are saying that they will reevaluate in April to see if touring can resume.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Walk me through this, our body temperature is 98.6 degrees, but the coronavirus can't withstand air temperatures over 80 or something?

How does that work?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 12, 2020, 03:04:05 PM

as well as AEG
pretty much every DJ that was planned to play here in March is cancelled and re-routed back home. One even made it to San Diego and cant get back to Netherlands now for a while.

tet

Quote from: Hicks on March 12, 2020, 03:42:35 PM
Walk me through this, our body temperature is 98.6 degrees, but the coronavirus can't withstand air temperatures over 80 or something?

How does that work?

most environments on earth are not 98.6 F and nearly 100% water - it's usually one or the other!  so, moist & warm = haven for bacteria/virus growth
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mistercharlie

Here's Fishman's comment about summer tour from the webcast last night. "Not Looking Good", but not cancelled yet. I'm not holding my breath though.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mehead

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 22, 2020, 10:49:14 AM
Here's Fishman's comment about summer tour from the webcast last night. "Not Looking Good", but not cancelled yet. I'm not holding my breath though.

How they haven't cancelled tour yet is beyond me. What exactly are they waiting for? Sorry but if anyone thinks we're  going to concerts with 20k other wooks in a couple of months is delusional.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mbw

mistercharlie

Quote from: mehead on April 23, 2020, 07:24:54 AM

How they haven't cancelled tour yet is beyond me. What exactly are they waiting for? Sorry but if anyone thinks we're  going to concerts with 20k other wooks in a couple of months is delusional.

Totally agree with you. This is killing me though since it was the first stop in Indy since 2016 and the first 3 night Deer Creek run since '03!

emay

Yeah Live nation already said they aren't hosting any large concerts or festivals for 6-18 months so that wipes out 1/3 or more of the venues on their tour already since I believe Phish would be considered a large concert. Dead and bro cancelled this week but I think their tour started in June.

Superfreakie

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 23, 2020, 08:23:53 AM

Totally agree with you. This is killing me though since it was the first stop in Indy since 2016 and the first 3 night Deer Creek run since '03!

They're playing with the money until they can do so no more. Advance ticket sales are huge piles of liquid capital.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Bobafett

Quote from: Superfreakie on April 23, 2020, 10:02:46 AM

They're playing with the money until they can do so no more. Advance ticket sales are huge piles of liquid capital.

That's what I've been thinking too.   Squeeze every bit of value out of the loans we put up until you cannot wait any longer.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

anthrax

Quote from: Bobafett on April 23, 2020, 10:35:18 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on April 23, 2020, 10:02:46 AM

That's what I've been thinking too.   Squeeze every bit of value out of the loans we put up until you cannot wait any longer.

i don't really buy this.  these guys are just holding on to hope.  it seems ridiculous to us and can be easily interpreted as stupidity on their part.  but i'm sure somewhere one or more of the key decision makers has an idea there's a slight chance and so they are unwilling to pull the plug until the last possible moment.  my guess it would be trey and all his love and light bullshit.  now, they must be careful not to piss everyone off.  a lot of people really need those tickets refunded right now. 

mehead

Just do the right thing - cancel the tour now so ticket holders don't have to wait in limbo until the "last possible moment" and put this $$ back in the hands of people that may need this $$ now. The optics of this combined with them pumping out new merch practically on a daily basis is less than stellar.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged