News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Not vinyl, but if anyone sees the Warfield 80 on CD I'm ISO. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on April 14, 2019, 04:22:38 PM

Yeah, I'm not really surprised there were less of these made than the vinyl, but I am surprised at how much they are going for on Discogs.

Sometimes though, often actually, once the RSD yep dies down, prices come back to earth on this stuff.

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 14, 2019, 06:49:54 PM

Yeah, I'm not really surprised there were less of these made than the vinyl, but I am surprised at how much they are going for on Discogs.

Sometimes though, often actually, once the RSD yep dies down, prices come back to earth on this stuff.

Yeah not really on most of the GD stuff though.

Plus this set is even more limited than the first four Daves Picks that go for hundreds. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on April 14, 2019, 07:24:25 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 14, 2019, 06:49:54 PM

Yeah not really on most of the GD stuff though.

Plus this set is even more limited than the first four Daves Picks that go for hundreds.

I listened to it this morning. It's pretty awesome. I mean, you can probably get Reckoning on vinyl for $15 which is essentially the same thing, but this is a little better production wise.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on April 14, 2019, 02:27:13 PM
Got in line at 6, about 15 ahead of me.

Got in line at Waterloo Records at 6:30am - I was roughly 150th. Pretty sure 15th in line was there no later than 10pm the night before and survived some major rain storms overnight. Luckily, Waterloo generally gets hooked up on RSD stock.

At any rate, I did really well with what I wanted:

Allman Bros. Fillmore Feb 1970
CSNY 4 Way St. reissue
Leon Russell Live at Gilley's
Otis Redding Live at Monterey Pop
GDead Warfield Acoustic
Capt. Beefhart - Trout Mask reissue (I got the very last one of these)
James Brown - Sho is Funky
Dylan - BotT Test Pressing (also the very last copy!)
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

Quote from: PIE-GUY on April 14, 2019, 08:34:31 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on April 14, 2019, 02:27:13 PM
Got in line at 6, about 15 ahead of me.

Got in line at Waterloo Records at 6:30am - I was roughly 150th. Pretty sure 15th in line was there no later than 10pm the night before and survived some major rain storms overnight. Luckily, Waterloo generally gets hooked up on RSD stock.

At any rate, I did really well with what I wanted:

Allman Bros. Fillmore Feb 1970
CSNY 4 Way St. reissue
Leon Russell Live at Gilley's
Otis Redding Live at Monterey Pop
GDead Warfield Acoustic
Capt. Beefhart - Trout Mask reissue (I got the very last one of these)
James Brown - Sho is Funky
Dylan - BotT Test Pressing (also the very last copy!)

Nice..I didn't know about the Leon Russell.  I didn't see Beefheart anywhere, or Dylan. Also missed out on Allmans.

mopper_smurf

Pulled the trigger for this one as well today. Moar Doctor Who RSD vinyl.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mattstick

Picked up this Pharaoh Sanders LP from LITA on a whim... and I really dig it.

https://lightintheattic.net/releases/4676-africa

mopper_smurf

Got my FZ! 7005/8500
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

emay

How much was JGB Eletric on the Eel retail?

Hicks

Quote from: emay on April 17, 2019, 12:17:21 PM
How much was JGB Eletric on the Eel retail?

Around $60. 

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Sweet, thanks C! I'd say 50/50 on it actually showing up, but worth a shot!

mattstick

Paid way too much for a JGB Electric On The Eel but I've been playing it the last couple days and it doesn't disappoint... the Lay Down Sally Twilight side is particularly heady.

They should do the 87 and 89 shows from the CDs now too  8-)