News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Big" Phish announcement on Friday

Started by mattstick, December 13, 2006, 06:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gainesvillegreen

I would still settle for a New Year's 96 run release.   :-D

mattstick

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on December 14, 2006, 03:45:06 PM
I would still settle for a New Year's 96 run release.   :-D

I would honestly PREFER a NYE96 livephish.com release to a Bonnaroo/Phish annoucement.

gainesvillegreen

Yeah, Bonnaroo would be a tall order for myself.  I think I would wait for them to return to someplace like Deer Creek, etc...to see them.  After Coventry, I just don't think I can do the massive festi anymore...

Marmar

Ok...I'll share a few things......

1) That "joke" blog from Tom.......Fishman sold his house in VT....moved, and now he's back in VT.................kinda strange........

2) If it were going to be a festi release, it is going to be either Clifford or Cypress......DVD's

3) Too much talk from everyone *except Page*....and there-in lies the weakest link........but he;s always been the quiet one.........

Just my thoughts from things I've noticed/witnessed lately.......esp. the Fishman thing coupled with the Marshall blog......
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

gimmetela

i love how this band sparks a fire under all our asses, and lights up our imagination...i'm bracing for impact tomorrow.  i know what i wish it was.... :banana:

rowjimmy

Page may not be public but he's not altogether quiet.

Side note about fish returning to VT... Trey mentions in the KFOG interview that the Barn is not in use for music but rather for an artist in residence program... Trey's new studio is in nyc.

fauxpaxfauxreal

Listening to 11/14/95 today on my bike ride I thought to myself "please god don't let phish come back... unless they can play with the energy, precision and emotion that they played with on 11/14/95"

I definitely feel that way.

Anything less than the best would be pointless.

I won't see phish if they come back and are a "nostalgic novelty".

sls.stormyrider

^^
imo they wouldn't want to come back that way
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Marmar

lol...isn't that a reason Trey gave for them stopping?
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

gainesvillegreen

Dammit Art.  I had my heart set on NYE '96, but since you mentioned Clifford Ball, I just don't know what to hope for anymore?   :beers:

mattstick

I'd rather see NYE96 - one set of the Ball is already on DVD and you can't get better recordings than the ones that circulate (thanks to Marmar)...

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on December 14, 2006, 04:24:46 PM
Listening to 11/14/95 today on my bike ride I thought to myself "please god don't let phish come back... unless they can play with the energy, precision and emotion that they played with on 11/14/95"

1995 was 11 years ago, and Phish had everything to prove back then.  That's all a thing of the past I'm afraid - once you've made it can you really ever bring it like you did when you were on the way up?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mattstick on December 14, 2006, 04:39:07 PM
I'd rather see NYE96 - one set of the Ball is already on DVD and you can't get better recordings than the ones that circulate (thanks to Marmar)...

1995 was 11 years ago, and Phish had everything to prove back then.  That's all a thing of the past I'm afraid - once you've made it can you really ever bring it like you did when you were on the way up?

I would think that after august 2004, phish would definitely feel like they have something to prove.

Namely that they ARENT a nostalgic novelty.

And what I mean is that it doesn't have to sound like 1995...it just has to have the care and energy displayed in that music.

The FUN The WOW The ZING!

Anything less than that and it's not even worthwhile (imo) for them to plan any type of shows.

jedifunk

Quote from: Marmar on December 14, 2006, 04:05:12 PM
Ok...I'll share a few things......

1) That "joke" blog from Tom.......Fishman sold his house in VT....moved, and now he's back in VT.................kinda strange........

2) If it were going to be a festi release, it is going to be either Clifford or Cypress......DVD's

3) Too much talk from everyone *except Page*....and there-in lies the weakest link........but he;s always been the quiet one.........

Just my thoughts from things I've noticed/witnessed lately.......esp. the Fishman thing coupled with the Marshall blog......

could you elaborate a bit more?  

- do i remember a joke blog?  i knew fish was selling the VT house, didnt know that he's back in VT... and what difference does that make?

- i'd shit myself if it were cypress DVDs.... really and truly shit myself.

- and what does page not talking mean?
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

fauxpaxfauxreal

Page hasn't spoken a word since phish broke up.

That's what he means  :-D

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio