News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Some rumours that the next/upcoming boxset will be returned Betty Boards from '76.

Gol D. Roger

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

emay

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on July 04, 2019, 06:53:33 PM
Some rumours that the next/upcoming boxset will be returned Betty Boards from '76.

Nice change for once.  So much gold in '76.

nab

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 12, 2019, 12:01:59 AM
Quote from: mattstick on July 04, 2019, 06:53:33 PM

Nice change for once.  So much gold in '76.

Some of my favorite stuff is from 76 and also a lot of stuff I've only heard once and don't have time to get back to.

mattstick

Up at the cottage for 5 days, nice to have some new JGB to play all day. Loving the Fall93JGB

Caravan2001

The new Pure Jerry from Providence 93 is smoking.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 19, 2019, 05:14:23 PM

We did Rochester, Syracuse, Woosta and Albany. But it made no sense as to how that tour was planned, as the shows were not in a straight line down the 90. We taped the Rochester show FOB and when we listened back to the tapes, there was this clear woman's voice all over them. It was my friend's girlfriend singing along to the show, the mics picked her up perfectly. The Shining Star tour.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Superfreakie on July 19, 2019, 09:44:01 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 19, 2019, 05:14:23 PM

We did Rochester, Syracuse, Woosta and Albany. But it made no sense as to how that tour was planned, as the shows were not in a straight line down the 90. We taped the Rochester show FOB and when we listened back to the tapes, there was this clear woman's voice all over them. It was my friend's girlfriend singing along to the show, the mics picked her up perfectly. The Shining Star tour.

Any tapes still exist?
I bet she blows Donna out of the water.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

According to Reddit Dave teased a Summer '89 boxset on XM23
from r/gratefuldead

Hicks

Seems too soon for more 89 so close on the heels of the RFK box.

On another note, stoked that Daves 31 is from 79, pretty sure it's the first 79 release of the series. Kind of underrated year IMO. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Agreed - I finally watched Dave's Seaside chat and now I'm into it... 79 is not my favorite generally but he talked it up enough for me to get on board.

Caravan2001

There are some dicks picks and road trips from 79 but not a Dave's picks that I can recall. Should be great.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Caravan2001 on July 20, 2019, 02:07:49 PM
There are some dicks picks and road trips from 79 but not a Dave's picks that I can recall. Should be great.

Road Trips released the two night Spectrum run, 11/5 and 11/6. Monster Playin' on the 6th (Terrapin is nice too).
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mattstick

Grateful Dead Reddit is super fucking weird.

Many of the the posts are Dead & Co. related, fine whatever.
There are a bunch of "hey listen to this YouTube clip"
Obviously some "best version", everyone mentions something they've heard

Then there's gems like this...

Has anyone ever heard of Wake of the Flood?