News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Right now I'm listening to...

Started by bacchist, September 03, 2006, 09:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

:phish:
1988-07-29
The Roma
Telluride, CO

SOURCE: SBD > ? > WAV > FLAC

SETLIST:

Set 1:

1. //You Enjoy Myself
2. Satin Doll
3. Walk Away
4. Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley
5.  The Curtain With
6.  Fire

Set 2:

1. Suzy Greenberg
2. Skin It Back
3. Jesus Just Left Chicago
4. Dinner and a Movie
5. The Sloth
6. Icculus
7. Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird
8. I Didn't Know [1]
9. Good Times Bad Times

Set 3:

1. Rocky Top
2. Light Up Or Leave Me Alone
3. Contact
4. Whipping Post
5. The Ballad of Curtis Loew
6. Take the 'A' Train
7. McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters [1]
8. Bold As Love [2]

[1] Fish on trombone.
[2] "Anger" changed to "Angus."

Mike teased My Favorite Things in The Curtain With. Sloth contained a Take Five tease from Mike. There was a brief Gamehendge narration from Trey after Sloth that contained a "Charge!" tease from Page. I Didn't Know and McGrupp featured Fish on trombone. Good Times Bad Times contained DEG teases and 'A' Train contained a Flintstones theme tease from Trey. Trey dedicated Bold As Love to one of his favorite guitar players of all time, Angus Young (guitarist for AC/DC). You Shook Me All Night Long was subsequently teased and in Bold As Love, "Anger" was changed to "Angus."

Beginning of YEM is cut. I'm assuming this is from the master tape.

ORIGINALLY SEEDED ON: 2018-02-24.

### Feel free to share, remaster, remix, sample, reverse it and check for Satanic messages, or whatever else you want to do with this recording...just don't sell it. Please support this artist by going to see their shows and buying their merch! Please keep this seeded for as long as possible after downloading! Thanks. ###

Pretty smoking With jam. 

susep

1988-07-30
The Roma
Telluride, CO

SOURCE: SBD > ? > WAV > FLAC

SETLIST:

Set 1:

1. All Blues [1]
2. Mr. P.C. [2]

Set 2:

1. Funky Bitch [1]
2. Suzy Greenberg [1]
3. She Caught the Katy and Left Me a Mule to Ride [1]
4. Contact [1]
5. Maiden Voyage [2]
6. Corinna [1]

Set 3:

1. La Grange
2. On Your Way Down
3. Slave to the Traffic Light
4. Timber Ho!
5. Walk Away > Possum
6. Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley
7. Harpua

Set 4:

1. Fluffhead
2. Anarchy
3. Dear Mrs. Reagan
4. Terrapin [3]
5. Run Like an Antelope//

[1] Fish absent, Trey on drums.
[2] First known Phish performance; Fish absent, Trey on drums.
[3] Fish trombone solo.

This show featured the first known Phish performances of Mr. P.C. and Maiden Voyage. Fish missed the first two sets of the gig, prompting the band to play two sets of jazz and standard Phish material in his absence with Trey on drums. These opening sets are sometimes referred to as "Jazz Odyssey," as the lone known taper labeled his master tapes as such. All Blues was played for the first time since April 15, 1986 (110 shows). During Antelope, Trey told the story of what happened to Fish that evening and explained that Fish, who had been at the top of a mountain and, therefore, late for the gig, had to "Run like an Antelope, out of control." Elsewhere in the set, Trey chided Fish for his tardiness. The narration in Harpua was straightforward, with no teases. Anarchy was jokingly named Whipping Post. Terrapin featured a Fish trombone solo. Many recordings of this show in circulation have the venue mislabeled as Fly Me to the Moon Saloon.

Cuts off towards the end of Antelope. The Encore (Fire) is missing.

ORIGINALLY SEEDED ON: 2018-02-24.

### Feel free to share, remaster, remix, sample, reverse it and check for Satanic messages, or whatever else you want to do with this recording...just don't sell it. Please support this artist by going to see their shows and buying their merch! Please keep this seeded for as long as possible after downloading! Thanks. ###

After decades of wondering "what that sounds like?" its nice to hear some of these obscure gems.  2nd show in on this new batch, Fans for a Louder Mike should be happy w/ these recordings. 

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Buffalo Budd

12/31/1996
FLEETCENTER
Boston, MA
SET 1: Axilla > Peaches en Regalia > Punch You In the Eye, Cars Trucks Buses, Stash, The Horse > Silent in the Morning > Divided Sky, Sample in a Jar > Tweezer Reprise
SET 2: Chalk Dust Torture > Wilson > Sparkle > Simple -> Swept Away > Steep > Harry Hood -> Prince Caspian > Character Zero
SET 3: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Auld Lang Syne -> Down with Disease > Suzy Greenberg, Run Like an Antelope, Bohemian Rhapsody[1], Julius[2]
ENCORE: Amazing Grace[2]

[1] Phish debut; Boston Community Choir.
[2] Boston Community Choir.

I noticed Fish (I think) is constantly humming or moaning off key through the music segments. WTF is with that? So annoying and I can't believe the rest of the band/crew doesn't tell him the STFU or turn his mic off. He does it on a few songs throughout this show.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VA $l!m

12 30 97 1s set, Stash so hit the spot
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

that bass groove in BIg Money still as nasty as it was 30 years ago when i first heard it.  :rawk:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

khalpin

Quote from: VA $l!m on March 19, 2018, 04:05:42 PM

that bass groove in BIg Money still as nasty as it was 30 years ago when i first heard it.  :rawk:
Love me some Power Windows.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Buffalo Budd

New Phil Cook...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=131&v=4RRTPjzQGEU

TOUR DATES:
06/07 – Carrboro, NC @ Cat's Cradle
06/08 – Washington DC @ Songbyrd
06/10 – Brooklyn, NY @ Rough Trade
07/31 – Los Angeles, CA @ Teragram Ballroom*
08/01 – San Francisco, CA @ The Independent*
08/03-05 – Happy Valley, OR @ Pickathon
08/07-08 – Seattle, WA @ Tractor Tavern*
* with Daniel Norgren

PEOPLE ARE MY DRUG is out 6/1 on Psychic Hotline/Thirty Tigers.

kellerb

Jazz Mandolin Project 2004-02-21 - Lawrence KS the Granada

Just found this on Archive.org.

I was there, travelling for work, and went to this show solo.  I wouldn't say it's mind-blowing, but I love finding a recording of a show over a decade later.  Except it makes me feel old.

<edit> also they did powderfinger.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

ph92

Quote from: GBL on May 09, 2018, 12:04:59 PM
Recommended:

Thanks for the rec, I was just listening to their old stuff the other day

Digging this for sure.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Buffalo Budd

I'm really surprised I've never heard of this group before