News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/29/96 Source: Microtech Geffel m300>Beyer MV-100>DA-P1

Started by Forbin17, March 21, 2006, 02:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forbin17

how is this new microtech source?
I have this one: source: Schoeps CMC6/MK41 > Sonosax SX-M2 > SBM-1 > DAP1 (x3) > this DAT
transfer: Tascam DAP1 > M-Audio 24/96 via Coax SPDIF > Wavelab (fades, normalize, sample rate conversion) > CD-WAV > SHNv3
but it isn't so hot.
I would love to hear what the Conventional wisdom is on this show. i was there, I remember LOVING it, after not seeing so many 96 shows, but I can't really get that jazzed to listened to it with my current copy.
thoughts?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Forbin17 on March 21, 2006, 02:41:54 PM
how is this new microtech source?
I have this one: source: Schoeps CMC6/MK41 > Sonosax SX-M2 > SBM-1 > DAP1 (x3) > this DAT
transfer: Tascam DAP1 > M-Audio 24/96 via Coax SPDIF > Wavelab (fades, normalize, sample rate conversion) > CD-WAV > SHNv3
but it isn't so hot.
I would love to hear what the Conventional wisdom is on this show. i was there, I remember LOVING it, after not seeing so many 96 shows, but I can't really get that jazzed to listened to it with my current copy.
thoughts?

I don't know if I've heard that specific source...do you know who the taper was?  Because there's a taper I'm thinking of that used microtech's exclusively (and Naks before that), and his tapes always sounded at least "decent".

And yes, that show is classic.

mattstick

Quote from: Forbin17 on March 21, 2006, 02:41:54 PM
but it isn't so hot.

The guy who transferred that is a dick!

Forbin17

you mean because that source sucks? or is he really just a dick. or is a friend of yours....  :?

mattstick

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: Forbin17 on March 21, 2006, 02:58:32 PM
you mean because that source sucks? or is he really just a dick. or is a friend of yours....  :?

Maybe it's Matt himself ?

mattstick

yeah, that's my xfer setup

and I can be a real dick sometimes

Forbin17

ha. that was my next guess.
I don't know you, but judging from the amount of stuff I've dl'ed that you've posted, you are not a dick at all.

By other measurements, however, I have no informed opinion :roll:

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: mattstick on March 21, 2006, 03:04:32 PM

yeah, that's my xfer setup

and I can be a real dick sometimes

I know nothing about being a dick...I'm never a dick  :-D :-D :-D

justjezmund

Quote from: mattstick on March 21, 2006, 02:59:36 PM
I like the Schoeps, never heard the MG source
Thats the souce that i had, matt if you had time could you post it?  It would help because i am wacthing the dvd and when i go somewhere i can't take it with me.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.