News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rumsfeld to Resign

Started by guyforget, November 08, 2006, 12:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

Breaking news Im seeing on MSNBC right now. 

This is pretty big, even with the shift in Congress nobody expected this after last week when Bush said that he was keeping his staff together regardless of the results of the elections. 

:beers: :clap: :beers: :clap:
-AD_

susep

Quote from: guyforget on November 08, 2006, 12:52:53 PM
Breaking news Im seeing on MSNBC right now. 

This is pretty big, even with the shift in Congress nobody expected this after last week when Bush said that he was keeping his staff together regardless of the results of the elections. 

:beers: :clap: :beers: :clap:

great :beers:> I heard this morning 12 retired generals called for his resignation.  Clearly Bush foreign policy violates fundamental military science principles whatever those may be?
W/ this administration I can see '08 and the next decade as that of restoration after the GW world debacle.  Unfortunately 2 more years of Bush/Cheney :evil:
Cheers to democratic change :beers:

rowjimmy

what a glorious day (if you're not a republitard)  :banana:

you know, if this had happened last it week, it might have impacted upon the election.

birdman

Another of my heroes falls from his pedestal :roll:
:clap:
Governments getting an enema this week...me likes

Paug FTMFW!

guyforget

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 08, 2006, 01:31:57 PM
what a glorious day (if you're not a republitard)  :banana:

you know, if this had happened last it week, it might have impacted upon the election.

No shit, it worked out pretty well this way.  We get a Democratic congress, and Rummy steps down.  Had Bush dismissed Rummy last week instead of announcing tha the planned to keep him around, it could have helped the Republicans keep congress.  Finally Bush flubbs up in our favor....
-AD_

jonyem

I don't know that a dismissal a week ago would have made much difference. Many could have seen that as a white flag and gone further Demo. Hard to say really, that's the beauty of politics. And don't forget the percentage of those who had already voted, like myself, last month by absentee.

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Guyute

But we are going to lose all the great sound bytes
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

guyforget

-AD_

ucusty

I was hoping Dick Cheney took him hunting yesterday, this is just as good!!
:samurai:

susep

Rumsfeld on 9/11:

(2:40 p.m.): Rumsfeld Wants to Blame Iraq Two sections from Rumsfeld's notes, dictated to Stephen Cambone. [Source: Defense Department] 
Defense Secretary Rumsfeld aide Stephen Cambone is taking notes on behalf of Rumsfeld in the National Military Command Center. These notes will be leaked to the media nearly a year later. According to the notes, although Rumsfeld has already been given information indicating the 9/11 attacks were done by al-Qaeda (see 12:05 p.m.) and he has been given no evidence so far indicating any Iraqi involvement, he is more interested in blaming the attacks on Iraq. According to his aide's notes, Rumsfeld wants the "best info fast. Judge whether good enough hit S.H. [Saddam Hussein] at same time. Not only UBL [Osama bin Laden]. ... Need to move swiftly. ... Go massive. Sweep it all up. Things related and not." [CBS News, 9/4/2002; Bamford, 2004, pp. 285]

susep

9:53 p.m.: Rumsfeld's Assistant Notes 3 Hijackers Were Followed A section from Rumsfeld's notes, dictated to Stephen Cambone. [Source: Defense Department] 
Stephen Cambone, the Principal Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Policy, makes the following note for Defense Secretary Rumsfeld at an emergency policy meeting, "AA 77—3 indiv have been followed since Millennium + Cole. 1 guy is assoc of Cole bomber. 2 entered US in early July (2 of 3 pulled aside and interrogated?)." Although four of the subsequently alleged Flight 77 hijackers were known to the authorities in connection with terrorism before 9/11, it appears that the three referred to here as being followed are Nawaf Alhazmi, Khalid Almihdhar, and Salem Alhazmi, due to their ties to a Malaysia meeting around the Millennium (see January 5-8, 2000) and ties to the USS Cole bombing (see October 12, 2000). Nawaf Alhazmi and Khalid Almihdhar initially arrived in the US shortly before or after the Millennium plot was due to come to fruition (see November 1999 and January 15, 2000), even entering at Los Angeles Airport (LAX), a target of the plot. If the note is literally correct that some US authorities were following these three since the Millennium, this would contradict the 9/11 Commission's position that the trail of the three was lost shortly after the Millennium. The comment that one of the hijackers is an associate of a Cole bomber could refer to photos the CIA had before 9/11 identifying Almihdhar standing next to Cole bomber Fahad al-Quso (see Early December 2000) or photos of him standing next to Cole bomber Khallad bin Attash (see January 4, 2001). The note's mention that two of them entered the US in July is also accurate, as Salem Alhazmi entered the US on June 29 (see April 23-June 29, 2001) and Khalid re-entered on July 4 (see July 4, 2001). [US Department of Defense, 2/6/2006 ; US Department of Defense, 9/11/2001 ] Earlier in the day, Cambone took notes for Rumsfeld that indicate Rumsfeld is keen to move against Iraq following the 9/11 attacks, even though he was aware there may be no connection between Iraq and 9/11 (see (2:40 p.m.)). [Guardian, 2/24/2006; US Department of Defense, 9/11/2001 ]