News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

I just couldn't resist

Started by antelope19, November 03, 2006, 08:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: susep73 on November 03, 2006, 03:04:16 PM
Quote from: ikki on November 03, 2006, 02:57:33 PM
And when I say he's a miserable excuse for a leader, I mean Kerry.  I'm no fan of his watered down brand of liberalism.

I'm no fan of this version of reality.  When and where the U.S. jumped off the tracks is to be debated.  The question is when will we turn "it" around?

Agreed, I really do believe a Democratic Congress will at least restore some semblance of checks and balances.  Maybe I'm being totally naive, but you've got to hold out hope that a functional government isn't totally out of reach. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sophist

And when I say he's a miserable excuse for a leader, I mean Kerry.  I'm no fan of his watered down brand of liberalism.
so you want someone more liberal?

who would you say is a pure liberal?
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Hicks

Quote from: phan003 on November 03, 2006, 03:13:49 PM

I don't claim to know what a "pure liberal" is, but I'll say this:  I would have much preferred to have been voting for Al Gore's re-election than for Kerry in 2004.  I think Al Gore would have been a good if not great president. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

susep

Quote from: ikki on November 03, 2006, 03:16:08 PM
Quote from: phan003 on November 03, 2006, 03:13:49 PM

I don't claim to know what a "pure liberal" is, but I'll say this:  I would have much preferred to have been voting for Al Gore's re-election than for Kerry in 2004.  I think Al Gore would have been a good if not great president. 

certainly better then this prez/admin.

sophist

:-o
no Hillary ? 

I'd disagree susep73. 

I wouldn't want kerry in office ever.  I'd rather have bush than kerry any day of the week(even with what we all know now). 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

susep

5 years after 9/11 we haven't found Bin Laden but rather we're entrenched in an oil rich country that's petering on total anarchy because of our occupation.

susep

Quote from: phan003 on November 03, 2006, 03:20:10 PM
no Hillary ? 

I'd disagree susep73. 

I wouldn't want kerry in office ever.  I'd rather have bush than kerry any day of the week(even with what we all know now). 

Nader would have been a great president.

converse29

Nader is so much smarter then Bush and would have brought(most likely :-D) sanity to this country.

Hicks

My real problem with Kerry is that he seems to take stands based on electability and not principle.

You'd rather have Bush though?

Do you agree that Bush is one of the worst President's all time?  Bush is causing problems within this country that will take a long time to correct, especially in terms of the worth of our dollar with regards to foreign debt. That's my opinion, so really just about anything would be better. 

Hicks

Quote from: susep73 on November 03, 2006, 03:23:42 PM
no Hillary ? 

I'd disagree susep73. 

Disagree, Nader was too much of an outsider and wouldn't have been able to work with Dems to accomplish anything. 

Not that it matters, Nader never even got 5% of the national vote.

sophist

Quote5 years after 9/11 we haven't found Bin Laden but rather we're entrenched in an oil rich country that's petering on total anarchy because of our occupation.

so Kerry or Gore would of found bin laden?
I don't think so......
Kerry would of asked for a Global Coalition and that would of been the end of it.  His obsession with global acceptance is disturbing,  never in the history of our country have we asked for global acceptance.  We didn't seek the acceptance of Europe after Pearl Harbor, we got our shit together and rolled.

Gore would of invaded like Bush did, but it wouldn't of been so soon.

QuoteDo you agree that Bush is one of the worst President's all time?  Bush is causing problems within this country that will take a long time to correct, especially in terms of the worth of our dollar with regards to foreign debt. That's my opinion, so really just about anything would be better.
yes i do.

converse29

Nader can communicate with pretty much anybody...so he would have found ways to reach the dems.

susep

Quote from: ikki on November 03, 2006, 03:28:58 PM
Quote from: susep73 on November 03, 2006, 03:23:42 PM
no Hillary ? 

I'd disagree susep73. 

Disagree, Nader was too much of an outsider and wouldn't have been able to work with Dems to accomplish anything. 

Not that it matters, Nader never even got 5% of the national vote.

I disagree, Nader would have been the perfect shakedown for what this country needs.  His ideas/policies cut through partisan thinking.  

Hicks

Quote from: phan003 on November 03, 2006, 03:30:31 PM
Quote5 years after 9/11 we haven't found Bin Laden but rather we're entrenched in an oil rich country that's petering on total anarchy because of our occupation.

I don't think so......
Kerry would of asked for a Global Coalition and that would of been the end of it.  His obsession with global acceptance is disturbing,  never in the history of our country have we asked for global acceptance.  We didn't seek the acceptance of Europe after Pearl Harbor, we got our shit together and rolled.

Gore would of invaded like Bush did, but it wouldn't of been so soon.

QuoteDo you agree that Bush is one of the worst President's all time?  Bush is causing problems within this country that will take a long time to correct, especially in terms of the worth of our dollar with regards to foreign debt. That's my opinion, so really just about anything would be better.
yes i do.

Personally I think Gore would have stayed committed in the Afghanistan/ Pakistan region and this MAY have lead to Bin Laden capture.

He certainly wouldn't have gotten involved in an unnecessary and unwinnable conflict in Iraq.

So if you think Bush is one of the worst ever, and you think he would be better than Kerry, then it follows that Kerry would have been the absolute worst ever?  That's a bit of a logical stretch if you axe me. 

susep

Quote from: phan003 on November 03, 2006, 03:30:31 PM

I don't think so......

Do you think 9/11 would have happened if Bush had not been elected?