News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

I just couldn't resist

Started by antelope19, November 03, 2006, 08:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

You may, or may not support the war.  I am not saying that I do or don't but this was too good.  John Kerry is officially an ASS!!!!!  At least those guys still have a sense of humor about it all. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

antelope19

I am sure this'll stir the pot a little today, with elections coming up and all.  But seriously, I didn;t mean this as an attack on anyone, I just thought it was hilarious.   :-D
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

gimmetela

I think it's hilarious.  I did canvassing in Asheville before the 2004 elections for the democratic party (I HATE THE BUSH EMPIRE--sorry if that offends.)  Of course, Kerry being the less numb of two numbnuts.  I appreciate that he was trying to "joke" but maybe he should have read the joke as it was written--not wing it.  And to take it a step further how effin funny is this retarded war in IRAQ?  I wish that our generation was just as driven as those weirdos from the 60's...drugs, sex, rock and roll--and a big dash of domestic and foreign policy change.

I'm glad that at least those guys in IRAK have a sense of humor still...I hope they all make it home safely.

tet

Thought this was hilarious when I spotted this elsewhere last night - Kerry is a douchebag for what he did this week... :samurai:
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sophist

^i saw that on drudge the other day, pretty funny.  I actually heard that group of guys is from Georgia.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

crnl4bn

i think we all know what kerry was insinuating with his remarks...

have we forgotten that kerry has actually served militarily overseas while in vietnam.  bush, due to his father's political clout in D.C., recieved the equivalent of a "legal draft-dodge."

I HIGHLY recommend watching this ->

with that said, i am neither a democrat or republican. The Federalist papers show us how political parties are formed and ultimately, that if given a form of government, a populus, and a minute amount of time they are an inevitability. 

Democrat or republican, it doesn't matter, they are two sides of the same coin. Both parties are equally influenced not by their constituency, but by big budget lobbyists, special interest groups, corporate pressure, and self-beneficial actions which further individual careers.  Both parties campaign on platforms that seem ideal and favorable to society at the local, state, and federal level.  Congress, in my eyes, is nothing but theatrics, smoke and mirrors..

Personally, I have found that the libertarian party generally has candidates whose views are parallel with my own.

I saw a pole this morning...
On average, 60% of americans feel that their current elected officials are doing a good job.
This got me thinking...
I wonder what percentage of people from that 60% actually know from day to day how their encumbants are voting on certain issues?  Is this 60% of the population informed enough to logically make up their minds on such an important question? 

By this, I mean...
1) What percentage of the population checks daily to see how their senator or house rep. is voting.
2) What percentage of the population is involved politically with their local government (do they attend city council meetings, do they voice their opinions during these meetings, are they activistic locally)?
3) What percentage of the eligable population is registered to vote?
4) What percentage of the registered population actually vote?

Americans, in general, let personal happiness and a false-sense of security disuade their interest in politics...

Quote from: phan003 on November 03, 2006, 09:50:42 AM
^i saw that on drudge the other day, pretty funny.  I actually heard that group of guys is from Georgia.

they probably are from georgia. Ft. Benning is in GA and its a relatively large base.
http://db.etree.org/flavaflav

This opportune physical form
Is worth more than a wish-granting gem.
You only gain its like the once.
So hard to get, so easily destroyed,
It's like a lightning bolt in the sky.

Contemplate this, and you will realize
All worldly actions are but winnowed chaff,
And night and day you must
Extract some essence from your life.
I, the yogi, practiced this way;
You, wanting liberation, do the same!

- Lord Tsongkhapa, King of the Dharma

Guyute

John Kerry is such a tool.  The Democratic party told him to go home and stop trying to help.  He is the plagued right now and no one wants him on their side.  He did more to hurt the Dems in 1 statement than anything else during the campaign.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

nab

Who honestly believes that Kerry speaks for the dems anyway?

susep

Bush and Kerry are cousins; I'm sure Kerry is a member of Bohemian Grove.

crnl4bn

Quote from: susep73 on November 03, 2006, 02:16:45 PM
Bush and Kerry are cousins; I'm sure Kerry is a member of Bohemian Grove.

they were also frat brothers (Skull & Bones) @ yale...
http://db.etree.org/flavaflav

This opportune physical form
Is worth more than a wish-granting gem.
You only gain its like the once.
So hard to get, so easily destroyed,
It's like a lightning bolt in the sky.

Contemplate this, and you will realize
All worldly actions are but winnowed chaff,
And night and day you must
Extract some essence from your life.
I, the yogi, practiced this way;
You, wanting liberation, do the same!

- Lord Tsongkhapa, King of the Dharma

Hicks

So he botched a joke, big deal.  Anybody with any brains in their head knows he's a miserable excuse for a leader. 

This whole thing is just being blown out of proportion to distract from the fact that the 109th Congress was one of the worst ever in terms of actual accomplishments. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sophist

QuoteI saw a pole this morning...

Americans, in general, let personal happiness and a false-sense of security disuade their interest in politics...

:clap:
I think that the majority of Americans are clueless, they can identify the people from American Idol before their local politican.  It scares me to think that we are heading in this direction. 

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

susep

Quote from: ikki on November 03, 2006, 02:42:41 PM
So he botched a joke, big deal.  Anybody with any brains in their head knows he's a miserable excuse for a leader. 

This whole thing is just being blown out of proportion to distract from the fact that the 109th Congress was one of the worst ever in terms of actual accomplishments. 

agreed

Hicks

And when I say he's a miserable excuse for a leader, I mean Kerry.  I'm no fan of his watered down brand of liberalism.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

susep

Quote from: ikki on November 03, 2006, 02:57:33 PM
And when I say he's a miserable excuse for a leader, I mean Kerry.  I'm no fan of his watered down brand of liberalism.

I'm no fan of this version of reality.  When and where the U.S. jumped off the tracks is to be debated.  The question is when will we turn "it" around?