News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Political Vids/Images

Started by rowjimmy, March 19, 2008, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StCarl

I saw this on flickr this morning...
Titled: What it means to me

Quote from: grits'n collards, friend to allThing I hear constantly from certain politicians, especially in the South where I live, is that our "government is the problem" and that we need to "get government off our backs." It's strange that this is considered patriotic. In this democracy, our government is us; it is the manifestation of our national (American) community. Politicians who run against our government run against us. When they seek to diminish the government, they diminish our community. Government is not the problem, bad politicians are the problem. Especially when they fail to recognize the good our government can do for our national community, as it expresses the strength of what Americans can do together, and how we care for our neighbor whether down the lane or on the far side of the continent. It's not that any one should be for big government, or small government, rather we should be for a government that embodies and is an instrument of our national community and our goodwill towards our neighbors. This is what I will have in mind when I pull the lever tomorrow. I am taking my six year old with me so he can be a part of it too, so that when his time comes he can grow up to be for the people, rather than cynically against.
[link]
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

rowjimmy

Quote from: StCarl on November 03, 2008, 02:44:28 PM
I saw this on flickr this morning...
Titled: What it means to me

Quote from: grits'n collards, friend to allThing I hear constantly from certain politicians, especially in the South where I live, is that our "government is the problem" and that we need to "get government off our backs." It's strange that this is considered patriotic. In this democracy, our government is us; it is the manifestation of our national (American) community. Politicians who run against our government run against us. When they seek to diminish the government, they diminish our community. Government is not the problem, bad politicians are the problem. Especially when they fail to recognize the good our government can do for our national community, as it expresses the strength of what Americans can do together, and how we care for our neighbor whether down the lane or on the far side of the continent. It's not that any one should be for big government, or small government, rather we should be for a government that embodies and is an instrument of our national community and our goodwill towards our neighbors. This is what I will have in mind when I pull the lever tomorrow. I am taking my six year old with me so he can be a part of it too, so that when his time comes he can grow up to be for the people, rather than cynically against.
[link]
:clap:

Thank You for sharing that.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

mattstick

rowjimmy

mbw

gah

StCarl

translation:

That ends the insanity.

From today on again hope prevails in America - and the world draws a deep breath
Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

gah

Phunkaddict

And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

edemille

jspfunk

I wanted to thank the person who posted my obama celebration slideshow. Its the first thing I ever uploaded and I am so glad that people are being moved by it. Even better to see that it is being shared on this wonderful  :phish: website. So, I thought I would share another compliation. Enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/v/_fergrKQ5Nw&hl=en&fs=1

tet

Quote from: jspfunk on November 09, 2008, 02:27:38 PM
I wanted to thank the person who posted my obama celebration slideshow. Its the first thing I ever uploaded and I am so glad that people are being moved by it. Even better to see that it is being shared on this wonderful  :phish: website. So, I thought I would share another compliation. Enjoy....

sweet dude, thanks for sharing this too!

FYI, you just need to paste the URL (address) of the YouTube video and our system here will automagically make it viewable in the forum - no need to use their "share" code (i edited your post to take out the unnecessary code).  alternatively, you can paste the URL here and use the little YouTube button (top left, above the smileys) to add the proper tags, but generally it will be picked up without your having to do that.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish