News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Political Vids/Images

Started by rowjimmy, March 19, 2008, 03:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StCarl

Quote from: McGrupp on January 25, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
your overall taste in phish shows perplexes me.

tet

"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

fauxpaxfauxreal

that's kind of disturbing in quite a few ways...  :-o

antelope19

is it just me, or does it look like someone taped a sign on his back?   :lol:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sunrisevt

Quote from: StCarl on January 23, 2009, 09:32:55 AM

Eeeew. Just, plain "eeeew."
Quote from: antelope19 on February 09, 2009, 03:50:09 PM
is it just me, or does it look like someone taped a sign on his back?   :lol:

Not just you--I see it too.

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Guyute

Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

gah

Not a video, but just wanted to comment, my favorite part about the other nights press conference was when the reporter kept pushing Obama as into why it took him a few days to respond to the AIG bonuses mess, he said, "Because I like to know what I am talking about." A president that actually reads and thinks about things as opposed to just shooting his mouth off....amazing.  :clap:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

The Ghost

rowjimmy

Seen at the ridiculous 9/12 astroturf fest on the mall this weekend:

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

guyforget

this signs are tame compared to the shit shown in the first 2 minutes of this video

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#32849407

"bury obamacare with kennedy"

"the zoo has an african lion, we have a lyin african"

"we came unarmed [this time]"

"opressive bloodsucking arrogant muslim alien"

i firmly believe what jimmy carter said yesterday, this has nothing to do w/ issues, legislation, or policy.  it has everything to do with race
-AD_

fauxpaxfauxreal

I think it does for some people.  For others it doesn't.

Regardless of whether or not Joe Wilson's actions were motivated by racism, it lowers the level of discourse to stop the debate on the actual issues which precipitated Mr. Wilson's comment, Economic Reform and Health Care Reform and focus the debate on whether those who disagree with the President are "Racists".

The same tactic was used in 2002 with those who disagreed with President Bush, and I did not appreciate it then.

Our President of the United States of America is not a king, and what Mr. Wilson did was not illegal.  Perhaps Mr. Wilson broke the rules of the House of Representitives, but that is an issue between him and the house.  If those whom he directly represents feel as if he has misrepresented their interests, that is an issue between him and his constituents.

However,  Congress has been continuously strongarmed by the Executive Branch for the past year.  Additionally, Obama promised us bipartisan action moving forward during his campaign.  Part of his platform was to work with members of both major parties.  According to the reporting I've heard on NPR recently, this is not true.  Republicans feel as though their ideas are given absolutely zero weight.  Again, Obama promised us that this would not happen.

Calling Joe Wilson a racist is bad for all of us, and I hope that Mr. Carter realizes this and learns from it.